Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    I'm kind of conflicted about it really. I live in North London and find the constant noise and rowdiness to be a bit stressful, but I'm fortunate enough to live in an area which is quite nice and green. I often hate using the bus but I am kind of forced to because I cannot keep a car and find the general standards of driving in my area to be absolutely appalling.
    The town-y area of North London is v noisy, yh I agree. Taking public transport anywhere in London is a pain :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Thats quite far but still, it would be so cool

Its happened before
    anything longer than the distance between colchester to london (75mins) journey is far for me. I cant free train travel so doesnt matter for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Mmmh I don't agree at all.. Where exactly have you been ? Parisian do like tourists !
    And btw if you're trying to have a seat in the metro yeah you're not from there :lol: :lol:
    To be honest I was in a really ghetto part of Paris. The area looked like that movie "La Haine". But in the central of Paris people are actually really friendly.:dontknow:

(Original post by I took ur girl)
    To be honest I was in a really ghetto part of Paris. The area looked like that movie "La Haine". But in the central of Paris people are actually really friendly.:dontknow:
    Okay I see, and it's not about being in the center it just depends on the arrondissement ^.^

(Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    At least I have a Plan B

I :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hate my shite area...(NW London) ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    And Redbridge is also a town :rolleyes:

You need to know them endz fam :toofunny:
    I mean some parts of London are in Redbridge like Ilford, but Ilford might also be part of Essex, I am not sure.:dontknow:

Okay I see, and it's not about being in the center it just depends on the arrondissement ^.^
    So, say someone lives in 5th Arrondissement, what about that?

I mean some parts of London are in Redbridge like Ilford, but Ilford might also be part of Essex, I am not sure.:dontknow:
    Yeah Ilford is in Essex...whenever I go to Ilford I feel like puking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    The town-y area of North London is v noisy, yh I agree. Taking public transport anywhere in London is a pain :lol:
    Tell me about it the busses are the worst during rush hour as well, so I resort to wearing sound isolating headphones and zoning out as quickly as possible. I've not lived in London all my life so I'm wondering whether I'm just not used to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Yeah Ilford is in Essex...whenever I go to Ilford I feel like puking
    Oh yeah, Ilford is terrible. It's always over crowded and every time I pass there I get nauseous.

So, say someone lives in 5th Arrondissement, what about that?
    It's really great there !! It's where La Sorbonne is (my med school was around there :love: ) , c'est le quartier Latin, it's pretty intellectual and young there, a great place !! :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    Tell me about it the busses are the worst during rush hour as well, so I resort to wearing sound isolating headphones and zoning out as quickly as possible. I've not lived in London all my life so I'm wondering whether I'm just not used to it?
    Haha, I do exactly that! But when I fall asleep on the bus, I don't wake up and when I do, its the final stop of the service :/ Lol. I travel by train a lot though nowadays, which is even worse when you fall asleep :lol: It could be that, but I don't think you could ever get used to it. Imo the bus and tube services here are quite unreliable in a way, so you don't know what to get used to - if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    I :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hate my shite area...(NW London) ugh
    Part of NW London?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    At least I have a Plan B
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't you mean Plan D?

Oh yeah, Ilford is terrible. It's always over crowded and every time I pass there I get nauseous.
    Ugh...I hate Ilford town centre, full of hooligans and annoying people
    It's really great there !! It's where La Sorbonne is (my med school was around there :love: ) , c'est le quartier Latin, it's pretty intellectual and young there, a great place !! :3
    Tu connais Place Maubert? (Maubert – Mutualité) sur Line 10?

Part of NW London?
    Same place as ||TheUnknown||

ReputationRep:
    I classify ilford as East London

I call Essex after Upney and Seven Kings :lol: but thats me
    It baffles me as well tbh

Ugh...I hate Ilford town centre, full of hooligans and annoying people

Tu connais Place Maubert? (Maubert – Mutualité) sur Line 10?
    Ligne* ^^

Ouiii ! Place Maube ! C'est sympatoche là bas, près du boulevard St-Germain et de la 2ème meilleure école de médecine de France :P

ReputationRep:
    Oxfordshire

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.