Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This isnt true, they are allowed to marry Christians and surprisingly even Jews since their God is regarded as the same, but Sikhs? Not so sure, depends on how strict she follows her religion i guess
    Wait, are Muslim women allowed to marry Christian or Jew men?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArbinderSingh98)
    Preach bruh, lets hope we break the cycle
    I wouldn't mind if my children wanted to marry a non-Muslim tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Wait, are Muslim women allowed to marry Christian or Jew men?!
    No the anonymous is mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    No the anonymous is mistaken.
    Ikr! From what I know, only Muslim men can marry outside Islam and that too if its Abrahamic religions.

ReputationRep:
    Ikr! From what I know, only Muslim men can marry outside Islam and that too if its Abrahamic religions.
    Yh you're right, it's one of those things which is pretty much agreed upon by everyone (who is legit) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yh you're right, it's one of those things which is pretty much agreed upon by everyone (who is legit) :yep:
    What do you mean 'who is legit'?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean 'who is legit'?
    People who aren't legit range from people like Maajid Nawaaz to Osama Bin Laden. The former tends to fight Islam(whilst claiming to be Muslim) and the latter goes to the extremes to fight non-Muslims(whilst claiming all his actions are Islamicly justified).

I'm only applying this to people who have been known to come on TV/make videos/claim Islamic authority(like scholars).

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind if my children wanted to marry a non-Muslim tbh.
    its on u

ReputationRep:
    People who aren't legit range from people like Maajid Nawaaz to Osama Bin Laden. The former tends to fight Islam(whilst claiming to be Muslim) and the latter goes to the extremes to fight non-Muslims(whilst claiming all his actions are Islamicly justified).

I'm only applying this to people who have been known to come on TV/make videos/claim Islamic authority(like scholars).
    Ahh okay, makes sense

(Original post by ArbinderSingh98)
    its on u

ReputationRep:

So... Zakir Naik? He seems to come on TV and claim Islamic authority

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On a positive note :

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg PhotoGrid_1459889399351.jpg (245.0 KB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    So... Zakir Naik? He seems to come on TV and claim Islamic authority

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess I could apply my legit/not legit thing with him but I might thinking of adding some intermediate levels.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I could apply my legit/not legit thing with him but I might thinking of adding some intermediate levels.
    Lol have a munafiq hierarchy... not a bad idea tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Islamic rule doesn't allow Muslim women to marry outside Islam but some do. I even know a man who married a Hindu lady.
    No, they are allowed to marry those of mono-theistic faith and I don't see how Sikhism doesn't correlate with so considering they do worship one god? I am a Muslim, and I believe Muslim girl's should have the right and liberation to fulfill all their wishes, and if she want's to marry the guy then she can!

ReputationRep:
    Actually our holy scripture doesn't mention anything about us not being allowed to marry Muslims, or any non-Sikhs.

Who told you that anyway?
    Basically, the Muslim girl can marry you but it will be more of a question of culture, than religion trust me. If she's Asian/Arab, culture will pay such a grand and fortified role in whether you too marry because it is all about "reputation" etc. Some scholars have allowed Sikh's to marry muslims, considering you worship One God, however like the kids should be allowed to go mosque and whatever..

ReputationRep:
    Like my thread said before. I'm a Sikh guy and I'm going to ask a Muslim girl.

Just wondering if any other Sikhs would be open to do the same. Just wondering.
    I am not Sikh but I think love is love no matter what religion they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    No, they are allowed to marry those of mono-theistic faith and I don't see how Sikhism doesn't correlate with so considering they do worship one god? I am a Muslim, and I believe Muslim girl's should have the right and liberation to fulfill all their wishes, and if she want's to marry the guy then she can!
    I don't think they have any ruling on Sikhs. They aren't "people of the book" but they aren't "polytheists/pagan" either: so due to the time the Quran was written, Sikhism falls in this no-man's land... obviously most conservative scholars (and ppl in general) rule otherwise but you're right lol. I don't see a reason why not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't think they have any ruling on Sikhs. They aren't "people of the book" but they aren't "polytheists/pagan" either: so due to the time the Quran was written, Sikhism falls in this no-man's land... obviously most conservative scholars (and ppl in general) rule otherwise but you're right lol. I don't see a reason why not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    man said pagan

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Adzkii786)
    Sikhs are considered polytheistic because of the way that they treat their gurus, from an Islamic perspective - it doesn't matter that they believe in one God ultimately because it's not strict monotheism. If you wish I could pull relevant verses to prove my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Sikhs are considered polytheistic because of the way that they treat their gurus, from an Islamic perspective - it doesn't matter that they believe in one God ultimately because it's not strict monotheism. If you wish I could pull relevant verses to prove my point.
    Lol its okay, I think I know the verses in question. Again, "strict monotheism" and "loose monotheism" depends upon interpretation (whether you take a literal or a non-literal one) - this is a very similar issue with Ahmadiyyas.

As I said before, many conservative scholars and Muslim (like you for e.g.) would rule against it. Some "Islamic perspective" treat Christians as polytheist due to the way they treat Jesus & the trinity - what's your view on that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.