Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How's everyone feeling about GCSEs being in just over a month? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly enough, I haven't felt like nervous and super worried yet. I guess I'm looking forward to it. The sooner it happens, the sooner it finishes I guess!

ReputationRep:
    With only 40 days left the anxiety of it all is really starting to kick in. I've revised a lot and I'm never usually worried about exams but for some reason they amount of exams and the stress of the pressure of getting the grades I want is keeping me up at night. Can anyone relate? It's awful

ReputationRep:
    QUEEN OF CRAMMING over here lol.. Completely failed my start of the new year 11 plan to revise from September little by little. Then Christmas came and I'd realised I'd done nothing. Again, I had a new years resolution to start revising hardcore from January. Then, before I knew it, it was the Easter break. I've been revising quite a bit now thankfully.

Anyways, The only reason I'm not stressed out is the fact that all the exams I have in May are the ones I'm most confident in.( RE,Spanish,Sociology,English language and English Lit). Literally soo thankful that I have my triple science, Maths and history Exams in June. Otherwise, I would have been on the brink of suicide....

ReputationRep:
    QUEEN OF CRAMMING over here lol.. Completely failed my start of the new year 11 plan to revise from September little by little. Then Christmas came and I'd realised I'd done nothing. Again, I had a new years resolution to start revising hardcore from January. Then, before I knew it, it was the Easter break. I've been revising quite a bit now thankfully.

Anyways, The only reason I'm not stressed out is the fact that all the exams I have in May are the ones I'm most confident in.( RE,Spanish,Sociology,English language and English Lit). Literally soo thankful that I have my triple science, Maths and history Exams in June. Otherwise, I would have been on the brink of suicide....
    In terms of revision tips, the last resort of cramming is using this revision website for me https://getrevising.co.uk/. It kinda gives you push to actually start revising.Also using CGP revision guides to just write notes over and over again and then apply that knowledge to past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    7A*'s, 2A's
    You will get them trust!! Just revise I got 8As and 2Bs but I'm aiming for 8A*s and 2As at the minimum. Where do you get your Bs??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie.mn)
    With only 40 days left the anxiety of it all is really starting to kick in. I've revised a lot and I'm never usually worried about exams but for some reason they amount of exams and the stress of the pressure of getting the grades I want is keeping me up at night. Can anyone relate? It's awful
    OMG YOU ARE ME!!! Which subjects are you doing ??

ReputationRep:
    all we can do is pray that the rest of the country messes up so there are low grade boundaries
    Spoiler:
    Show
    harsh but true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy)
    OMG YOU ARE ME!!! Which subjects are you doing ??
    English lit (I did that in y10), English language, RE, maths, triple science, history, French, art, btec sport (because who could be bothered taking GCSE and failing) what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly terrified about these exams. In my mocks I got 9A*s, 1A and 2Bs which is a definite improvement from my 4A*s and 8As from the year 10 mocks (other than the two Bs in Spanish and music) but I still feel like everything will still end going wrong. Plus I have to make sure to work even harder because I got rejected by latymer so I have to hope to second chance pro my way into the sixth form for the reapplication.
    I'm hoping to get and A^(further maths top grade, higher than A*, (I didn't do a mock for this btw)) 9A*s and 3 As, This would be making the assumption that my English literature grade drops because of coursework and I manage to get As in music and Spanish whilst achieving an A* in business (I was one mark off on both papers!).
    If anyone knows any good revision techniques please say as that would be very appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    English lit (I did that in y10), English language, RE, maths, triple science, history, French, art, btec sport (because who could be bothered taking GCSE and failing) what about you?
    How did you find English lot I'm struggling with this subject I'm hoping for an A.
    I'm also doing Maths English Lang, double science, Spanish, Latin, Geography History and design and technology (resistant materials)
    I'm seriously hating DT atm

ReputationRep:
    How did you find English lot I'm struggling with this subject I'm hoping for an A.
    I'm also doing Maths English Lang, double science, Spanish, Latin, Geography History and design and technology (resistant materials)
    I'm seriously hating DT atm
    I found English lit okay to be honest, I got an A* on my macbeth coursework and an A* overall on my exam, so I got that overall. It's one of my favourite subjects and I'm doing it at college so I guess my interest probably made me work harder, I think you just need to grasp the themes and characters and practise doing questions and you should get that high grade. I hated DT when I did it in ks3, it put me off for life. It's also the last exam at our school so I can understand your pain. I wish I would have had Latin or classics available to me !

ReputationRep:
    I found English lit okay to be honest, I got an A* on my macbeth coursework and an A* overall on my exam, so I got that overall. It's one of my favourite subjects and I'm doing it at college so I guess my interest probably made me work harder, I think you just need to grasp the themes and characters and practise doing questions and you should get that high grade. I hated DT when I did it in ks3, it put me off for life. It's also the last exam at our school so I can understand your pain. I wish I would have had Latin or classics available to me !
    Thank you so much!! Haha I love Latin but I'm not doing it in sixth form gonna miss it tho. It's a lot of memerising and it's basically English lit but in Latin
    Which subjects are you doing next year??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    I made a revison TimeTable and everything, revision is going fine but I'm just scared ill forget everything at Exams, I got 3 A* 1A 5B's at mock exams, if i get that again I'm going to drink bleach. With results like that my life has no purpose.
    Exactly how I feel Dont feel too down tho. A level predictions will be used too in getting into uni!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! Haha I love Latin but I'm not doing it in sixth form gonna miss it tho. It's a lot of memerising and it's basically English lit but in Latin
    Which subjects are you doing next year??
    I'm going to a college because my school doesnt have a sixth form and im so glad because I can't wait to get out and have a new start! I'm taking government and politics, philosophy, history and english literature, what are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    literally the biggest sheg, I have no clue how on earth I'm going to pass maths ffs

ReputationRep:
    Awwww you youngsters, I remember the month before my GCSE's about 7 years ago now. It was stressful, however I personally think the stress of it is over rated, but it depends on the person. Once I finished mine, I thought I didnt really need to stress over them. Do you guys still have the 2 months off for 'study leave' ?

ReputationRep:
    I try to revise but get distracted and when I am revising I panic and then I give up. The idea that my GCSEs are going to be over with is relieving but then I remember that I need to revise. Overall, I feel that I just want to get it over with.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just thinking about starting revision -_-. This week. And at the same time aiming for my 12 A*s and 2 As.. -__-

ughgugughuguhghugugguhughughghgh ughug

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    So do I, but when I think of my drama performance i feel that but 10 times worse
    Omg my drama performance is on the 25th of April. I'm terrified for my group because we have to work on so many more of our scenes its a mess!!! When's your performance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Awwww you youngsters, I remember the month before my GCSE's about 7 years ago now. It was stressful, however I personally think the stress of it is over rated, but it depends on the person. Once I finished mine, I thought I didnt really need to stress over them. Do you guys still have the 2 months off for 'study leave' ?
    Right now it's easter so for my school we go back for two weeks then study leave starts. But once the two weeks are over we only have four days until our first proper exam
    UGHHH

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.