Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessGrace123)
    Ah OK thanks you so much
    Good luck for tomorrow xx
    Thanks, you too

(Original post by surina16)
    I'm doing the same topics as you
    How are you revising? I find Unit 2 so much harder than Unit 1!
    Same, for me it's the style of exam questions that makes it so much harder - I hate 8-markers in particular because they ask you to describe how an event took place, yet you can't get full marks unless you also explain the causes and factors influencing it as well as the details of the event itself
    Personally I'm just going over my notes - reading everything through, taking a break and then seeing how much I can remember on the spot. All the facts are going to be tough to recall in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys predict will come up for:
    Tsardom to Communism
    Stalin's dictatorship
    Race relations (USA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksplodge)
    What do you guys predict will come up for:
    Tsardom to Communism
    Stalin's dictatorship
    Race relations (USA)
    I don't do the third topic, but for the first one I'm predicting NEP and Civil War, and for the second Collectivisation and the Five-Year Plans

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have predictions for Weimar Germany,Stalin russia and Vietnam??

I'm hoping Media comes in Vietnam for 12 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z.oer)
    im doing these as well - do you know any exam technique/how to answer questions? im pretty confused 😁
    For the 4 marks, make 3 valid points about the source given. (4 if you can, just to secure those 4 marks)

For the 6 marks, it’s different compared to Unit 1 as there is no source. For example, if you’re given “Explain the importance of mass production in the 1920s” you talk about the cycle of prosperity, hire purchase, how it led to the economic boom, the assembly line etc. It’s not agree, disagree, conclusion like Unit 1.

For the 10 marks, there usually is a source. My teacher taught my class this thing called NOP (Nature, Origin, Purpose), the nature of the source is whether its an extract, a cartoon, etc. The origin of the source is what year it was made in. The purpose of the source is why it was made and what did it want to invoke on its audience. This is an easy 3 marks. Then you argue whether the source is useful or limited and then you counter-argue and then give a strong conclusion.

For the 8 marks, I just talk about the topic given in depth. There is usually a source given so give an NOP. ANSWER THE QUESTION! Don’t talk about what happened in the Wall Street Crash if it asked you for the effects. Give a strong conclusion.

For the 12 marks, you give a small introduction, “President Roosevelt introduced the New Deal on his election campaign in 1932, he wanted to restore confidence in his people as well as wanting the Laissez-Faire days to be gone.” Then you start the first paragraph of how President Roosevelt ended the Depression, then you could disagree with this by talking about how WW2 ended the Depression. Then give a strong conclusion. So: intro/agree/disagree/conclusion.

I hope this made sense
    Only Topic 1/2/3 use the 4, 6 and 10 mark thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did it mean by “the American bombing campaign”, topic 8 12 Mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dexterminate)
    What did it mean by “the American bombing campaign”, topic 8 12 Mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Operation rolling thunder + cambodia campaign + christmas bombing + bombing of north operation linebacker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akila1)
    Operation rolling thunder + cambodia campaign + christmas bombing + bombing of north operation linebacker
    I said they failed because the USA did not have knowledge of the land, and once the Vietnamese realised this, they used it to their advantage by creating booby traps and using tunnels. Is this by any chance right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I said they failed because the USA did not have knowledge of the land, and once the Vietnamese realised this, they used it to their advantage by creating booby traps and using tunnels. Is this by any chance right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    That was a seksy paper

ReputationRep:
    That paper was amazing. Roaring 20s was a breeze. Depression and New Deal was beautiful. Vietnam War was lovely, bit skeptical about the 12 mark though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loved the questions on the Roaring 20s and Hitler's Germany, but the Middle East was slightly trickier - not sure about the 8 marker at all!

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite sure it said ''on Vietnam'', so that wouldn't include Cambodia.. Besides, it said to ''win the war'', and Christmas bombing wasn't really for that.. I believe writing only about ''Rolling Thunder'' was okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash3141)
    I'm quite sure it said ''on Vietnam'', so that wouldn't include Cambodia.. Besides, it said to ''win the war'', and Christmas bombing wasn't really for that.. I believe writing only about ''Rolling Thunder'' was okay.
    Listen son. How many paras did u write?

ReputationRep:
    5, I think.
    2 for why the bombing was a failure, so it couldn't destroy Ho Chi Minh trail, factories flattened but economy depended on farming. Second was about losing hearts + minds which was a US tactic.

The next two was what other reasons contributed, so strengths of VC + media and protests in USA..

Final was a conclusion and I briefly talked about some other factor to conclude that it wasn't the main factor..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash3141)
    5, I think.
    2 for why the bombing was a failure, so it couldn't destroy Ho Chi Minh trail, factories flattened but economy depended on farming. Second was about losing hearts + minds which was a US tactic.

The next two was what other reasons contributed, so strengths of VC + media and protests in USA..

Final was a conclusion and I briefly talked about some other factor to conclude that it wasn't the main factor..
    Kl, I wrote 4 (huge ones).

Did you get the hitlers germany 8 marker correct?

ReputationRep:
    Kl, I wrote 4 (huge ones).

Did you get the hitlers germany 8 marker correct?
    i talked about:
    1. rationing
    2. effects on the economy
    3. propaganda and bombing - yes, i merged them into one paragraph because i didn't have time XD

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote that the US did not know where the Viet Cong base even was because they actually worked in underground tunnel networks so aerial attacks were useless.

And then I wrote some stuff about the Viet Cong adjusting their strategy and using this to their advantage by attacking the American's in close combat. This meant that aerial attacks could not be used without friendly fire. This tactic was called "hanging onto American belts".

What did you write for who had this interpretation is my big question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoMocoHD)
    First paper I did question 4,5,6 and for the second paper I am doing 1, 4, 8. Anyone have any resources that may help with the following topics:
    Topic 1 From Tsardom to Communism: Russia, 1914–1924
    Topic 4 Stalin’s Dictatorship: USSR, 1924–1941
    Topic 8 War in Vietnam, 1954–1975

For topic 1, I have this link that is quite useful:
    http://www.irevise.com/Content-Displ...ssia-1914-1924
    *sigh* My dream topics.
    We don't do Stalin's Dictatorship but instead "The Great Depression".
    It's weird. Like there isn't that smooth progression. They just end at Lenin but don't resolve what happened like an imperfect cadence.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I wrote everything I knew about rationing, propaganda and bombing.. I included effects on the economy and the variations in the workforce, working in war industries. I even wrote about Jews, the final solution etc. In that, I then wrote about the cruel experiments conducted on Jews like stitching twins, injecting dyes in eyes etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 12, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.