Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ii) [5 marks] P travels a further 0.8m up the plane after Q has come to a rest. Find the velocity of the particles just before Q reaches the ground.
    a=-8.29…
    Use suvat to obtain u=3.64ms^-1

was this 100% the question asked? was it not " Q falls 0.8m before it hits the ground" ? are you sure it was that? think i mis read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxgreen272)
    ii) [5 marks] P travels a further 0.8m up the plane after Q has come to a rest. Find the velocity of the particles just before Q reaches the ground.
    a=-8.29…

was this 100% the question asked? was it not " Q falls 0.8m before it hits the ground" ? are you sure it was that? think i mis read
    You misread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    You misread.
    1- tits

2- thanks for putting it in such a frank way, appreciate the compassion

ReputationRep:
    a=-8.29…

Q moves up the plane, p falls to the ground. Since you didnt have enough terms for getting v with P, you had to calculate acceleration and then use suvat on Q.

It was a good question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nemya_Nation)
    Q moves up the plane, p falls to the ground. Since you didnt have enough terms for getting v with P, you had to calculate acceleration and then use suvat on Q.

It was a good question
    yeah i know how to do it but i read it wrong! nightmare,, looking at mark scheme i go all the rest right so its all good really..i can do terrible on this exam and still get what i need so its all good

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know how to do it but i read it wrong! nightmare,, looking at mark scheme i go all the rest right so its all good really..i can do terrible on this exam and still get what i need so its all good

Yeah we always duck up on one question, I reckon I got an A in the exam, if I got a Low B in the other two what do you reckon I will get at the end??

Cheer

ReputationRep:
    1- tits

2- thanks for putting it in such a frank way, appreciate the compassion
    Compassion is my middle name

ReputationRep:
    lmao y'all need to learn the cosine rule the angle was so blatantly 97.2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicskid123)
    Nah

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping this statement isn't serious. If so, I feel sorry for you.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so you have 2 4N forces and you want the resultant to be 6N. that means you need to lose 1 N from each of the 4N forces to get 3N each upwards. OK? so you need 3/4 of the 4N, so the sin of X has to be 0.75. so the angle between each force and the resultant is sin^-1 of 0.75.

so the answer is 2(sin^-1 (0.75))

put that in ur calculator and see what you get

ReputationRep:
    Ok so you have 2 4N forces and you want the resultant to be 6N. that means you need to lose 1 N from each of the 4N forces to get 3N each upwards. OK? so you need 3/4 of the 4N, so the sin of X has to be 0.75. so the angle between each force and the resultant is sin^-1 of 0.75.

Please see the unofficial markscheme to see why you are so very wrong. There are two different methods there that both correctly give 82.8.

ReputationRep:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 244
Size:  461.4 KB

ReputationRep:

Given your name is physics kid, you should know how to resolve forces. Your method finds a third force which would keep the system in equilibrium which is not a resultant force and I'm not sure why you're adamant you're correct when in 5 minutes you could try resolve the force with your angle and find it doesn't return a resultant of 6N. I assume you're just trolling now.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I managed to do all the questions with confidence all but that question with the two 4N forces that everyone is talking about ^^^^. At the end I just did some next level **** and then used that answer for the partiii question and it fits the same structure as the one presented in the mark scheme. Whats the most marks I can get from this.

ReputationRep:
    Answers in community mark scheme are correct. I've added a "vertically downwards" to the acceleration of the stone in the lake, but I think it would be harsh if they insisted on this for full marks.

I've also corrected the mark allocations.

Definitely a tougher than average M1 paper.

ReputationRep:
    how do you know if the 4N forces are acting in the same direction ie acute angle and not in the opposite direction (obtuse)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nemya_Nation)
    Yeah we always duck up on one question, I reckon I got an A in the exam, if I got a Low B in the other two what do you reckon I will get at the end??

Cheer
    all depends how well you did

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.