Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam" Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty sad when I see a thread like this, instead of mourning for the victim people decide to take this news as new material to fuel their hatred for one another. It's as if they're almost glad this happened so they can further justify their anger against something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Isn't making takfir on other Muslims a very big sin in Islam?
    I think the ulama decided to make a ruling, consisting of 8 certain sects and they said one is forbidden to make takfir on any of them. Don't know whether the Ahmadiyya's fall into one of these 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangejuices)
    Islam says it's haram to kill.
    Under any circumstance? Or only in very specific cases?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    You certainly ask too much questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    You're all ignorant, once again blaming Islam for a psychopath.

Does every Muslim go around doing this? No.
    Just like every other religion, there are a minority who are mad and justify acts. Islam says it's haram to kill. But you're all going to assume this Tanveer Ahmed is a devout Muslim who represents the entirety of the religion. Shame on you all.

Also, if you're going to quote the Quran, use context. To what situation? To whom? Don't find bits that support your argument in a trashy, biased form. And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.
    You are brainwashed since birth and you are incapable of objective rational thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.feed)
    No, not at all. I'm a Sunni muslim. Islam is a religion of peace to me, it taught me to love others as my brother/sister or mother/father. Allah is the only one to judge. It says that in the Qur'an. It is disgusting to alienate others. Even if they are a bad person, you treat them with respect and love. You can guide them, but not to judge or god forbid kill.
    The problem is that its isn't a religion of peace to a lot of its followers.

And hasn't been for 1400 years. Why? Read your Holy Book to find out why, it is all in there...

ReputationRep:
    You're all ignorant, once again blaming Islam for a psychopath.

Does every Muslim go around doing this? No.
    Just like every other religion, there are a minority who are mad and justify acts. Islam says it's haram to kill. But you're all going to assume this Tanveer Ahmed is a devout Muslim who represents the entirety of the religion. Shame on you all.

Also, if you're going to quote the Quran, use context. To what situation? To whom? Don't find bits that support your argument in a trashy, biased form. And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.
    No, shame on you.

Are you not ashamed? Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    It's pretty sad when I see a thread like this, instead of mourning for the victim people decide to take this news as new material to fuel their hatred for one another. It's as if they're almost glad this happened so they can further justify their anger against something.
    Its also sad to see Muslims, instead of showing solidarity to the Ahmadiyya sect, is further trying to ostracise the sect away from them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Evidently Islam is so destructive it even turns on and destroys it's own believers.

And, of course, it is entirely the West's fault that this happens all the time in the Middle East...

It speaks absolute volumes that most people here are too busy stating how the murdered man "wasn't a real Muslim" as opposed to taking a step back and looking at the root cause of all this...Their own religion.

Also rather amusing that the 'religion of peace' actively seeks to ostracise its most peaceful sect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Its also sad to see Muslims, instead of showing solidarity to the Ahmadiyya sect, is further trying to ostracise the sect away from them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's pretty unnecessary for any ostracism in this thread. An innocent man died at the end of the day, doesn't make it any better by outlining what he believed in.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty unnecessary for any ostracism in this thread. An innocent man died at the end of the day, doesn't make it any better by outlining what he believed in.
    But it's doing nothing to challenge the bigotry Ahmadis face within Muslim communities (I don't think you can deny that) if you just keep saying Ahmadis aren't Muslims...

Posted from TSR Mobile

And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.
    I'll disrespect anyone I deem worthy of it to my heart's content, thanks. You've no authority to dictate to me or to anyone else whom I can 'disrespect' (inverted commas necessary because people like you frequently imagine disrespect where it doesn't exist in order to do what you do best: choose to be offended).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I'll disrespect anyone I deem worthy of it to my heart's content, thanks. You've no authority to dictate to me or to anyone else whom I can 'disrespect' (inverted commas necessary because people like you frequently imagine disrespect where it doesn't exist in order to do what you do best: choose to be offended).
    But will you disrespect prophet Hydeman (pbuh)? Indeed he is only true prophet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.
    Is that a threat? Or a challenge

Because I am happy taking on both

(Original post by chemting)
    But will you disrespect prophet Hydeman (pbuh)? Indeed he is only true prophet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I'll make a hypocritical exception for that great man, and then call anybody who calls me out on this a Hydophobe, which shall from here on now be synonymous with racism, xenophobia, and prejudice against the elderly because... I said so.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'll make a hypocritical exception for that great man, and then call anybody who calls me out on this a Hydophobe, which shall from here on now be synonymous with racism, xenophobia, and prejudice against the elderly because... I said so.
    Yes we must follow Hydism, we have the Hyde Book with complementary Hyde tafsirs with the opinions of great Hyde scholars.

Here are the sahih hadiths (or Hydiths) full of authentic quotes and sayings by prophet Hydeman (pbuh):

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sear...duser&u=875114

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should start a religion.

First question: what is banned in your religion? (apart from sex outside marriage - obviously)

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what a surprise.

ReputationRep:
    He died BECAUSE of what he believed in.

That is what is outrageous (in the true sense of the word) about this.

In twenty first century Britain a Muslim man knifed another man to death and stamped on his head (to signify his contempt?) because he was the wrong sort of Muslim. (Or in the murderer's belief system NOT a true Muslim).

And he doesn't deny it, he glories in it. He thinks he is doing the right thing according to a God revealed to mankind and will go to heaven because for it.

And it is not as though this is an isolated example is it?

All over the world self identifying Muslims are killing other human beings in the hope that it will send them to heaven according to a version of the Islamic belief system handed down over the last 1400 years.

I have no doubt it is happening somewhere as I write this.

Why are you in denial? Why can't you face up to this awful reality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatPumpkin)

I think this sums up how Muslims feel about each other quite well
    I love Bassem Youssef! We need more rational voices in our Arab world against all the efforts to suppress them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.