Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Muslims: Would you marry a someone who's not a virgin? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    1. you do not enter a marriage with intentions of divorce, you enter with intentions of being together forever (even in jannah), that is what marriage is in islam.

2. "not what you imagined" obviously muslims assume the person is a virgin and every other muslim should know to let their future spouse know if they aren't, so really there should be no imagination from either side. Where did I mention embarrassing someone because of it lol - clearly that would be wrong.

3. If it was rape or a situation which was uncontrollable on her part then obviously this doesn't apply. If not then.... do you consistently not read things properly? I said "another/multiple" another implying one.

4. if a person is already in love with someone who they know is not a virgin then there clearly isn't any issue to begin with.

you're welcome.
    1. Of course you don't go into a marriage with the intention of getting divorced. However, you shouldn't go into a marriage assuming that there is a zero percent chance that you will get a divorce because that is simply untrue. There is nothing wrong with being prepared. In fact, it is often those who weren't prepared who end up having the nastiest divorces.

2. I agree that a couple should be honest with one another however issues such as this are between the individual and Allah. If Allah is all-forgiving and the individual has repented and asked for forgiveness then why is it any of your concern? If Allah has forgiven them then it's non of your business and if they wish to keep their past to themselves then so be it.

3. I haven't read your previous post so I cannot respond to that.

4. I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    1. Of course you don't go into a marriage with the intention of getting divorced. However, you shouldn't go into a marriage assuming that there is a zero percent chance that you will get a divorce because that is simply untrue. There is nothing wrong with being prepared. In fact, it is often those who weren't prepared who end up having the nastiest divorces.

2. I agree that a couple should be honest with one another however issues such as this are between the individual and Allah. If Allah is all-forgiving and the individual has repented and asked for forgiveness then why is it any of your concern? If Allah has forgiven them then it's non of your business and if they wish to keep their past to themselves then so be it.

3. I haven't read your previous post so I cannot respond to that.

4. I agree.
    1. I know, can you please read what I was responding to and my post before this as well first.

2. read my older posts

3. lol you need to read the other ones to get what I was talking about in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmazingArry)
    Are you going to be one of those guys that doesn't let their wife outdoors or your daughters?
    My daughters no, as for my wife it's up to her, if she chose to without my permission I'd divorce her.

Even short, poor men seem to have found people to spend the rest of their lives with because a a woman saw something in his character that she fell in love with.
    It doesn't change the fact that women are universally attracted to height and wealth. If you put a 5'6 bloke and a 6'2 bloke who otherwise looked similar next to each other and forced women to choose, about 99% would choose the taller one. Similarly if you put a virgin and a girl who had taken 100 dicks in her the virgin would universally be preferred by men.

People don't care as much as to who or how many people you've slept with as long as you're not spreading anything nasty.
    I certainly care.

And it's the people who have more sex who tend to be the more protected and prepared.
    Promiscuous women are universally damaged, disloyal, mentally ill and can't bond with men because they've been pumped and dumped so much. Some guys might not care, but if I was to spend the rest of my life with a woman and have her be the mother of my children it will not be a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TahweedNetwork)
    Traditional gender roles are what make a society stable and what we have had since time immemorial. The current post 60s feminist liberal environment is NOT sustainable; English society is falling apart as a result. When women deviate from their established roles as home-makers, child rearers and community mentors society goes to the dogs. Such women only go along with the act in order for the purpose of reproduction, personal enjoyment is totally secondary.

With men ideally we dont was them indulging/being promiscuous before marriage either. But unfortunately during hard times such as war that is the best moral booster your troops can have and as such comfort women and boozy ONS's sometimes have to be allowed to sustain the regiment.
    There are so many things wrong with what you have written here. I don't even know where I should start. Let's go with your final point - that men are allowed to break the rules when they're having a hard time. They aren't going to have sex with themselves, are they? So the woman is going to be considered bad because she had sex out of wedlock but it is okay for the man because he was 'having a hard time'?

ReputationRep:
    There are so many things wrong with what you have written here. I don't even know where I should start. Let's go with your final point - that men are allowed to break the rules when they're having a hard time. They aren't going to have sex with themselves, are they? So the woman is going to be considered bad because she had sex out of wedlock but it is okay for the man because he was 'having a hard time'?
    Men and women are fundamentally different when it comes to sex, that's why it's fine for men to sleep around.

ReputationRep:
    1. I know, can you please read what I was responding to and my post before this as well first.

2. read my older posts

3. lol you need to read the other ones to get what I was talking about in general
    You wrote:
    refusing to marry because someone is not a virgin is NOT a sin.Khadijah was only not a virgin because she married once before, not due to fornication or pre-martial sex. She was a widow.
    I am saying, if Allah can forgive then why can't you?

ReputationRep:
    I'd like it everyone remained chaste. However, sexuality is so synonymous with with violence, war and athleticism that under certain circumstances it may have to be tolerated. It contributed to Britains success in WW2

it depends, it would put me off (if i was a virgin) to find out hes not, but if he loves me a lot n isnt gonna hoe, well its ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Start the Fire)
    Men and women are fundamentally different when it comes to sex, that's why it's fine for men to sleep around.
    lol, no.
    So men don't have to follow the rules. ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    LOL no ones gonna sleep with u anyway, look in the mirror. Youd should not be picky and take anyone x
    Lol. Do you even know me? And why the **** are you anonymous? Pussy
    "Youd should not be picky and take anyone" dyslexia confirmed

ReputationRep:
    Because men aren't attracted to whores, not for marriage anyway.

Women are attracted to tall rich men, men are attracted to chaste submissive women. That's just how life is.

wauw

ReputationRep:
    lol, no.
    So men don't have to follow the rules. ok
    There are no rules, the UK is a free country sexually, I'm just telling you a biological fact. Men and women are different, which is why female chastity has been a desired trait for thousands of years while in men nobody cares if they're chaste.

Some of you don't live in reality and refuse to admit what men are attracted to, sorry if society lied to you and you're a ****.

(Original post by samina_ay)
    Past is the past
    This

ReputationRep:

not if they want a partner who hasn't. Don't be hypocritical.

You wrote:
    I am saying, if Allah can forgive then why can't you?
    I am not here to "forgive someones sin". I am not God, I am not all forgiving all merciful, the offence was not against me for me to forgive. I would simply chose someone who is a virgin since they have the mindset.

I actually fall for a person's behaviour and their actions I believe that's what a person themselves more than anything, what they choose to do with their time etc.

I can choose to not marry who isn't a virgin lol I don't need to "forgive" them for anything I'd still be their friend it's not like I'd discriminate against them in other ways or call them a bad muslim.

With men ideally we dont was them indulging/being promiscuous before marriage either. But unfortunately during hard times such as war that is the best moral booster your troops can have and as such comfort women and boozy ONS's sometimes have to be allowed to sustain the regiment.
    wtf is this logic. Women don't have a hard time?

ReputationRep:
    Traditional gender roles are what make a society stable and what we have had since time immemorial. The current post 60s feminist liberal environment is NOT sustainable; English society is falling apart as a result. When women deviate from their established roles as home-makers, child rearers and community mentors society goes to the dogs. Such women only go along with the act in order for the purpose of reproduction, personal enjoyment is totally secondary.

Traditional isn't as traditional as you think. The earliest religions, whether you regard them as religions or not, the female was the traditional leader of a societal system and were successful until male orientative religions tried to overthrow them.

Don't blame women for where men are ****ed up. How many decisions where men have ****ed up the world? Was communism an idea thought up by women? Was is women that started wars? excluding Helen of Troy but even that it were the men who were being petty of who should get her and declared war against eachother. It was men that brought slavery, war, communism and materialism. It was a woman that stopped child laborers, it was a woman who instigated the start of slavery abolishment.... how are we suddenly weakening society ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    not if they want a partner who hasn't. Don't be hypocritical.
    Yes it is. I like women who wear dresses, I don't plan on wearing them myself. What I want in a woman has nothing to do with what I want in myself.

ReputationRep:
    Never & female
    Female and definitely not
    Hell to the NO!!
    Female
    female and no
    No I wouldn't
    I am female.
    You all may have to lower your standards or expectations.

White non-virgin guy here, I'd never marry someone with more than one or two sexual partners. Virgin would be the best scenario. Unlikely I'd marry a girl from the UK though.

White non-virgin guy here, I'd never marry someone with more than one or two sexual partners. Virgin would be the best scenario. Unlikely I'd marry a girl from the UK though.
    Where do you like your girls from?

(Original post by Josb)
    You all may have to lower your standards or expectations.
    no they don't since this is a thread for muslims.
    regardless, they shouldn't have to lower their standards if they themselves are virgins.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.