Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sunny181113)
    Some people think they'll make our papers hard because it's the last set of exams before the o-level system comes back? As if they wanna i dunno..end it with a bang?
    Think about it though, if everyone did terrible because the test was hard then the grade boundaries would deffo go down but people are saying that the grade boundaries are going up. I don't understand ?! I mean there may be some easy questions and some hard questions but i don't think it would be soooo hard what do you think ?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any resources for C3?
    Or P3?
    We've only just started being taught it: Literally, the day before easter!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FaithKG)
    Yes i definitely think so.
    in 2011 (i think) you only needed 40 or 30/60 for an A*
    in 2015 you needed 50/60 for an A*
    So there is a trend... Addionally because we are one of the last years to do this spec they are more likely to be brutal to us

The ISAs is 25% of your overall grade so it is pretty much the equivalent to any of the other papers (unit 1- 25% unit 2-25% unit 3-25% unit 4(which is the isa)-25%)
    Hey there,
    50/60 was only for chemistry though, physics and biology were 47 or 45
    If the exam was hard wouldn't the grade boundaries go down though because everyone or some would have done terrible. I'm not sure ?! Confused really Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hey there,
    If the exam was hard wouldn't the grade boundaries go down though because everyone or some would have done terrible. I'm not sure ?! Confused really Haha
    Yeah they would go down because less people would have higher marks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by blueribbons99)
    Yeah they would go down because less people would have higher marks
    Exactly but everyone is saying there is a trend that it's going up each year and i agree with it
    Wouldn't the exam be with some easy questions and some hard ? What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly but everyone is saying there is a trend that it's going up each and i agree with it
    Wouldn't the exam be with some easy questions and some hard ? What do you think?
    typically every year the exam doesn't necessarily get easier but as the exam board goes into the spec they have to cover every topic before it ends, therefore this year it should be a lot easier to predict what topics will come up as its last and teachers become better at teaching how to answer the questions so the grade boundaries will most likely increase unless no body bothers to revise or thetest is like ridiculously hard though, I could be inccorect though just my opinion
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    typically every year the exam doesn't necessarily get easier but as the exam board goes into the spec they have to cover every topic before it ends, therefore this year it should be a lot easier to predict what topics will come up as its last and teachers become better at teaching how to answer the questions so the grade boundaries will most likely increase unless no body bothers to revise or thetest is like ridiculously hard though, I could be inccorect though just my opinion
    Oh ok, i understand
    How can you predict what topics would come up though ?"

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, i understand
    How can you predict what topics would come up though ?"
    so theres like no 100% way to get it correct but i guess if plant hormones had come up on the previous 2 B1 exams there is less chance of it coming up again or taking up a lot of marks ( this is just an example idk if it has)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    so theres like no 100% way to get it correct but i guess if plant hormones had come up on the previous 2 B1 exams there is less chance of it coming up again or taking up a lot of marks ( this is just an example idk if it has)
    Oh ok, I get you but the thing is even though that they have to cover everything before the end, but the way they ask the question might be hard as well. Plus my teacher at school just teaches us everything and she never says this is a prediction blah blah and she never focuses on one thing and concentrates on it for a prolonged time. I wish my teacher had some prediction

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, I get you but the thing is even though that they have to cover everything before the end, but the way they ask the question might be hard as well. Plus my teacher at school just teaches us everything and she never says this is a prediction blah blah and she never focuses on one thing and concentrates on it for a prolonged time. I wish my teacher had some prediction
    yeah jut predictions can be wrong probably just best to focus on everything, thats what i am doing:P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    yeah jut predictions can be wrong probably just best to focus on everything, thats what i am doing:P
    Yeh same It's safer

ReputationRep:
    Why are you all worrying you guys are crayy crayy

ReputationRep:
    Just go over everything so you're ready for anything
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Miaw89)
    Why are you all worrying you guys are crayy crayy
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Oblivion99;64028385]Terminal velocity: when air resistance is = to your weight, then you reach a terminal velocity. This is the highest velocity attainable by an object as it falls through air. All inaminate objects, and humans, have momentum and thus have atleast two forces acting on them. [Weight and Air Resistance] :^_^: Thus when you fall in the air, its these two forces that act on you. But which one is bigger? If your falling at a high velocity in the air, which will be bigger, air resistance or weight? Air resistance, but weight will also be acting upon you but at a lower distribution. Air resistance exists because air molecules collide into a falling body creating an upward force opposite gravity. This upward force will eventually balance the falling body's weight. Parachutes lower the terminal velocity, so its safe for you to land on the ground. If not then, :bike:

Electromagnetic, is when you have an iron core (in appliance) and as there is a changing magnetic field in the iron core, an current/pd is induced along the ends of a secondary coil attached to a primary coil. If there was an d.c instead of a.c, no current would be changed and thus the p.d would be 0.

Motor effect: when a wire cuts the field lines of a magnetic field, it causes a force to act on the wire. If you resemble, with flemings left hand rule you can find the direction/current etc. Its hard to explain on here but i'll leave a link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit.../3/[/QUOTE]

OMG thank you sooooo much!!! Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Well if you look at the post above yours you'll see a lovely example!
    I'm happy to answer any bio or chem related questions though!
    Haha yeah thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    My exams are next year, Summer 2017, and I've just done my mocks. My science teachers are awful, is it a good idea to start self teaching C3, B3 and P3? As I believe these are slightly smaller units - or do I need things from the previous 6 units to be able to do these properly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tfmpe)
    My exams are next year, Summer 2017, and I've just done my mocks. My science teachers are awful, is it a good idea to start self teaching C3, B3 and P3? As I believe these are slightly smaller units - or do I need things from the previous 6 units to be able to do these properly?
    Yeah my science teachers were awful and I thought it seemed hard but I used mygcsescience and revision guides to teach myself, and it was a lot easier than I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunny181113)
    Yeah my science teachers were awful and I thought it seemed hard but I used mygcsescience and revision guides to teach myself, and it was a lot easier than I thought.
    Ok, ta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,
    Thats true but thats if a majority does badly but most likely the grade boundaries are going to go up. I guess all we can do is hope for the best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.