Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

why do muslims get persecuted on this site? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's because some people have nothing better to do with their lives.

Ironically, the only reason people bash muslims (especially on sites like TSR) is because there are OP's like you who fish for attention/rep by obviously creating threads, regarding muslim's, which you know won't do down well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Attempt)
    Unless you can provide me with evidence to say otherwise, you're basing your argument on conjecture.
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ns-muslim-poll

The Sun claimed that 20%, not 50% as you say, support ISIS.

This was debunked across the UK by many newspapers, so if 20% is wrong, then 50% is wronger than wrong could ever be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ns-muslim-poll

The Sun claimed that 20%, not 50% as you say, support ISIS.

This was debunked across the UK by many newspapers, so if 20% is wrong, then 50% is wronger than wrong could ever be.

This isn't debunking, this is just a reaction to the news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Yeah but I think Chrisitans are being persecuted more on tsr. Whenever I see a thread on a social issue like abortion or gay marriage or religious freedom, people criticise Christians as being bigots or idiots, yet if someone said that about Muslims, the post gets taken down instantly. I'd argue that Islam is less persecuted on tsr (and in British society) than Chrisitianity.
    i always get unpleasant posts from 15 year olds studying remedial domestic science who think they are Richard Dorkins when i testify to my love of Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't debunking, this is just a reaction to the news.
    do you actually think that 50% of british Muslims support ISIS? lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Liberals don't persecute Muslims enough.
    Biatch whaaaaat? You are hereby banned from all of my threads

ReputationRep:
    Musselmen are a protected species on here. Criticise them and the mods get all uppity over it, especially when people reveal the brutal truth about Islam. However if any other religious group gets criticised none of them bats an eye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Musselmen are a protected species on here. Criticise them and the mods get all uppity over it, especially when people reveal the brutal truth about Islam. However if any other religious group gets criticised none of them bats an eye.

That's because the Muslim mods here are used to playing the victim mentality and ban anyone that tries to Insult Islam.

The Christian Mods are used to being tolerant and pleasant and would dialogue intelligently without doing anything too extreme like banning people or closing threads.

The atheist mods don't care about religion LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgili)
    To whoever just told me they don't.

I was in a car with a Polish man who looked so disgusted with a girl in a hijab walking past us that I thought he was going to get out and beat her.
    The Poles are a bit backward that way.'

They were still persecuting Jews after the war ended.

Their children will be alright though.

ReputationRep:
    Because hating on Islam relentlessly is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Society needs a scapegoat, that's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAhm95)
    cos tsr anti muslims unfortunately don't have the balls to speak up irl and they get bullied
    Wrong. TSR anti-muslims get banned, TSR critics of Islam get tonnes of trash talk from TSR Islamists but absolutely destroy them by using Islam's own scripture.

I for one am totally open about my resentment of all cults irl as well as on here. I've read Islamic scripture so I know just how sickening it is (much like the Bible and Torah actually) and whenever muslims confront me irl I take great pleasure in reciting the Qu'ran's verses to them and proving my point about it being brutal and disgusting. They don't bother 'debating' the topic with me anymore, every time they do they bring shame upon themselves and their religion by forcing me to recite the Qu'ran.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For those who're thinking; "Peroxidation, you're such a hypocrite," it's true that I'm a Buddhist. But the difference is that I'm not a religious Buddhist. I follow Buddhist philosophy and read the Theravada sect's scripture, the Pali Canon, but I don't subscribe to the religion. The Pali Canon doesn't actually contain a single violent or discriminatory verse (crazy for a religious book, right?!), instead it's effectively a book of advice on how to make the most out of things, it doesn't even try to usurp science (again, pretty unusual for a religious text!)! In short: I'm philosophical not religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Some Muslims try justifying their hatred for the West.

Maybe that's why they get bashed?
    Most muslims here are very conservative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i always get unpleasant posts from 15 year olds studying remedial domestic science who think they are Richard Dorkins when i testify to my love of Jesus.
    That's exactly what I get. Once I just wrote on a thread about abortion that I 'believe everyone is created in the image of God so every life is special and shouldn't be terminated' and I got so much hate from people who think they can explain everything without God.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong. TSR anti-muslims get banned, TSR critics of Islam get tonnes of trash talk from TSR Islamists but absolutely destroy them by using Islam's own scripture.

I for one am totally open about my resentment of all cults irl as well as on here. I've read Islamic scripture so I know just how sickening it is (much like the Bible and Torah actually) and whenever muslims confront me irl I take great pleasure in reciting the Qu'ran's verses to them and proving my point about it being brutal and disgusting. They don't bother 'debating' the topic with me anymore, every time they do they bring shame upon themselves and their religion by forcing me to recite the Qu'ran.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For those who're thinking; "Peroxidation, you're such a hypocrite," it's true that I'm a Buddhist. But the difference is that I'm not a religious Buddhist. I follow Buddhist philosophy and read the Theravada sect's scripture, the Pali Canon, but I don't subscribe to the religion. The Pali Canon doesn't actually contain a single violent or discriminatory verse (crazy for a religious book, right?!), instead it's effectively a book of advice on how to make the most out of things, it doesn't even try to usurp science (again, pretty unusual for a religious text!)! In short: I'm philosophical not religious.
    ok so you've read the entire quran front to back?

ReputationRep:
    ok so you've read the entire quran front to back?

When will you muslims come up with better excuses?

Do you ask this same stupid question to the Muslims who've left your cult?

ReputationRep:
    When will you muslims come up with better excuses?

Do you ask this same stupid question to the Muslims who've left your cult?
    nobody asked you.

ReputationRep:
    nobody asked you.

Answer the question, mug

ReputationRep:
    Answer the question, mug
    :troll: confirmed

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.