The Student Room Group

Sick of my weight, totally depressed feel really ugly 😟 diet tips pls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
Nope not seen it. I try to stay away from that side of youtube, it makes me unreasonably angry. Haha :tongue:

It is irritating, I agree. All her followers just piss me off.

Also I must say that diet is hardly sustainable for the average person, mostly because it's also ridiculously expensive. 5 boxes of bananas, 10 boxed of dates? Oh please...:colonhash:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It is irritating, I agree. All her followers just piss me off.

Also I must say that diet is hardly sustainable for the average person, mostly because it's also ridiculously expensive. 5 boxes of bananas, 10 boxed of dates? Oh please...:colonhash:

Haha eating that many dates, you're going to spend a lot of time on the toilet.
Original post by veganavb
Ah no, the thing is if you eat 'healthy' high carb low fat you cant gain weight even if you over at because carbs do not get converted into fat(which is the fat on your body) and also its hard to eat more than 5000 calories on this lifestyle; if your confused as even 5000 seems a lot ithink you should watch drewlikesrice or smthing

Carbs in excess go to fat. They don't vanish

Ayyy tell that to nate diaz and harley stonham and millions of others who are CARBING THE **** UP

HAVING MORE ENERGY
SKINNY AF
BUT STILL STRONG AF

While you get fatter and fatter eating your chicken

Nate Diaz is not skinny lol. He's also on drugs and will eat high protein. Soz yo

Do you think then that humans need equal amounts of fat, protein and carbohydrates???

You're not doing the stereotype any favours
Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope not seen it. I try to stay away from that side of youtube, it makes me unreasonably angry. Haha :tongue:

See why does it make you angry?
See why does it make you angry?

Because unlike you I actually try to understand the human body, I study it at university and actually know what I am talking about.

People like you however spread misinformation and dangerous and unhealthy diets which actually cause harm, and anyone who says they didn't do well on these ridiculous diets just gets blasted and insulted by people like you and freelee and all those other toxic morons.

You, frankly, should be ashamed of yourself.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Carbs in excess go to fat. They don't vanish

Nate Diaz is not skinny lol. He's also on drugs and will eat high protein. Soz yo

You're not doing the stereotype any favours
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wheres the proof bout nate

And i dont care bout what you lazy alilens think
Original post by AsiaM
Pls post if you feel the same & tips for staying motivated on healthier lifestyle

People post all kinds of crap in these sort of threads (and would appear to have done so again) so I'll try and give some information without the nonsense.

Firstly, avoid fad diets. Whilst plenty of them will help you lose weight, they are not a good way to go about it, Two problems. Firstly, they aren't healthy. They normally involve cutting out food groups, or fasting, or some other rubbish. These are not particularly good for you. Secondly, and more importantly, they aren't sustainable. Sure, you'll lose a couple stone in 6 months or some such. Great! But then, almost invariably, you'll fall back on old habits and the weight comes straight back. If it isn't sustainable, it isn't a long-term solution.

So, in terms of how to manage your diet. Make some kind of measurement (a rough measurement is fine) of how many calories you're taking in. Losing weight is pretty simple really. You simply need to be using up more calories than you're taking in. If you're a guy then the average calorific requirement is about 2500, if you're a girl then it's about 2000 (I think). This varies depending on your activity level, there're calculators online to tell you your calorific requirement. Then, to start with, just subtract 300-400 calories from this, and that should be your daily intake. You can increase this as you get more comfortable with eating less (I'm cutting at the moment, and I'm about 500 calories below my requirement).

In terms of what you eat, strictly it doesn't matter. If you're taking in less calories than you're using, you'll lose weight. However, if you're eating less, in order to meet all your other dietary requirements you'll want to stick to healthier options. Typically, I'd recommend sticking predominantly to white meat and fish, lots of fruit and veg, and something like weetabix or porridge for breakfast. I find it's easier to stick to this kind of plan if I have a cheat day, where I'll loosen up on the dietary rules.

Also, add some exercise into the mix! Some form of cardio would be the way to go. Start off taking it easy. Go for a 20 minute run, cycle for an hour, something along those lines. No more than twice a week to begin with, then start to increase it as you feel comfortable.

That would be the most basic advice I could give you. Good luck!
Because unlike you I actually try to understand the human body, I study it at university and actually know what I am talking about.

People like you however spread misinformation and dangerous and unhealthy diets which actually cause harm, and anyone who says they didn't do well on these ridiculous diets just gets blasted and insulted by people like you and freelee and all those other toxic morons.

You, frankly, should be ashamed of yourself.

Im not blasting, it is healthy and i have seen it work for a lot of people but the thing you vain people can't see while you call us disgusting etc etc is that we are doing it for the animals... i only started talking about carbs because this is a health thread.

The animal industry is a corruptive place of and i dont see how people can be putting corpses in their bodys and calling it healthy

Xx
Im not blasting, it is healthy and i have seen it work for a lot of people but the thing you vain people can't see while you call us disgusting etc etc is that we are doing it for the animals... i only started talking about carbs because this is a health thread.

The animal industry is a corruptive place of and i dont see how people can be putting corpses in their bodys and calling it healthy

Xx

1) I never called you disgusting.

2) You very clearly are, have you even read what you are writing and saying?

3) I have nothing against vegans, and I think veganism is a good cause. But what you have said in this thread has been completely factually incorrect nonsense and out right lies.

So like I said, please educate yourself. Learn the metabolic pathways and then come back here and claim carbs can't be stores as fat with a straight face. Bet you can't, because you'll realise what a complete fool you have made of yourself through this entire thread.
(edited 8 years ago)

Xx

We're omnivores lol. By definition, that means we eat meat as part of a healthy diet. You can object to the slaughter of animals for food on moral grounds - I'd disagree, but accept your point of view - but don't tell people **** like eating meat is unhealthy. People are looking for actual advice, not this kind of rubbish.
Wheres the proof bout nate

And i dont care bout what you lazy alilens think

Look at his recent interview about drugs in the UFC

Ad hom because youve been rumbled

Posted from TSR Mobile
Food has become an integral part of my proscrastination but tbh I don't care. I'll loose it all after exams.
1) I never called you disgusting.

2) You very clearly are, have you even read what you are writing and saying?

3) I have nothing against vegans, and I think veganism is a good cause. But what you have said in this thread has been completely factually incorrect nonsense and out right lies.

So like I said, please educate yourself. Learn the metabolic pathways and then come back here and claim carbs can't be stores as fat with a straight face. Bet you can't, because you'll realise what a complete fool you have made of yourself through this entire thread.

What kind of stuff do you eat for your meals or snacks? Just looking for ideas and you seem to know what you are talking about.
Original post by Jenx301
What kind of stuff do you eat for your meals or snacks? Just looking for ideas and you seem to know what you are talking about.

I actually recently have been eating quite poorly, I had several bouts of being ill and recently can't stomach many foods. :frown:

But typical meals for me:

-chilli con (or sin) carne
- stir fry
- kipper fillets with sweet potato chips (or cous cous)
-stuffed peppers and mushrooms
-baked potato with various toppings

I don't tend to snack very much if I'm eating properly, I prefer to eat 2 big meals per day. That's just how I feel best, but other people might not get on well with that.
haha, I see it as hopefully nipping it in the bud.
By saying my bit I hope I inform them of the facts behind it before some confused and poor soul who doesn't understand gets a message from someone like Veganavb and ends up incredibly unhealthy, fat and with diabetes from eat nothing but carbohydrates in a massive calorie excess from following her complete uneducated nonsense..

I used to be nice like you Sophie...

Now I let natural selection do it's thing :wink:
Original post by hezzlington
I used to be nice like you Sophie...

Now I let natural selection do it's thing :wink:

It's not often I'm described as nice. :tongue:
Reply 116
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
People post all kinds of crap in these sort of threads (and would appear to have done so again) so I'll try and give some information without the nonsense.

Firstly, avoid fad diets. Whilst plenty of them will help you lose weight, they are not a good way to go about it, Two problems. Firstly, they aren't healthy. They normally involve cutting out food groups, or fasting, or some other rubbish. These are not particularly good for you. Secondly, and more importantly, they aren't sustainable. Sure, you'll lose a couple stone in 6 months or some such. Great! But then, almost invariably, you'll fall back on old habits and the weight comes straight back. If it isn't sustainable, it isn't a long-term solution.

So, in terms of how to manage your diet. Make some kind of measurement (a rough measurement is fine) of how many calories you're taking in. Losing weight is pretty simple really. You simply need to be using up more calories than you're taking in. If you're a guy then the average calorific requirement is about 2500, if you're a girl then it's about 2000 (I think). This varies depending on your activity level, there're calculators online to tell you your calorific requirement. Then, to start with, just subtract 300-400 calories from this, and that should be your daily intake. You can increase this as you get more comfortable with eating less (I'm cutting at the moment, and I'm about 500 calories below my requirement).

In terms of what you eat, strictly it doesn't matter. If you're taking in less calories than you're using, you'll lose weight. However, if you're eating less, in order to meet all your other dietary requirements you'll want to stick to healthier options. Typically, I'd recommend sticking predominantly to white meat and fish, lots of fruit and veg, and something like weetabix or porridge for breakfast. I find it's easier to stick to this kind of plan if I have a cheat day, where I'll loosen up on the dietary rules.

Also, add some exercise into the mix! Some form of cardio would be the way to go. Start off taking it easy. Go for a 20 minute run, cycle for an hour, something along those lines. No more than twice a week to begin with, then start to increase it as you feel comfortable.

That would be the most basic advice I could give you. Good luck!

Thanks
Reply 117
Original post by Jenx301
Who would you recommend?

Nikki Blackketter. I'm a guy and I watch her videos but she's probably the most popular for girls. I think lots of people can relate to her and she's got one of the best physiques you'll see.

Christian Guzman is another one, but I think its mostly guys who watch his videos. CG and Nikki used to be together but the recently split up.
Original post by akritighimire
Since you are more educated, can you explain why vegetarians and vegans live longer than meat eaters? Or is that nonsense too? Is it also not true that meat is directly linked with a number of issues including heart disease, high cholesterol, cancer etc?

I have heard it suggested that as a population, there are more likely to be more health conscious individuals among vegans/vegetarians than the general population.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go vegan!🙌 You will see results so much faster. It is also a way of life not a diet so you will feel so much happier and you have a reason to continue not just to lose weight but for the animals, environment and health benefits as well. You can eat anything you want as long as it's vegan and you won't feel guilty because it's all healthier than non vegan stuff. Just make sure to eat lots of veggies and fruit and carbs and protein. There are tons of good documentaries on Netflix and youtube videos to inspire you as well.

Quick Reply

Latest