The Student Room Group

Thinking of leaving Islam. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deliciously
no but i am gonna but i am not too hopeful,

inshAllah you will find hope in it:colondollar:
also, read on Fatima az-zahra, Imam Hussain ibn Ali and other members of ahlul-bayt their stories are truly heartbreaking

https://whoishussain.org/

i have linked a website, i am curious to know what your reaction is :smile::smile:
no but i am gonna but i am not too hopeful,

I would personally advise you that leaving the religion is a good thing you will be more free and have less pointless things to worry about such as praying or only eating x type of food.
but make your own choice and go through with it even if your parents dislike it.
Original post by muzi123
Ohhh np

But remember if u believe in God. God doesn't send revelation that suits every human desire. Shariah law will puzzle the mind not contradict the intellect.
il pm u we can discuss . Il answer all ur questions about shariah law.

I have researched my faith for apprx 5 years now. I know why Islam has such harsh punishments, but it still doesn not justify it in my opinion. Not everyone is a Muslim., so why should he follow your religous laws. Why impose them.
When I did my research abour Ahamdiyya, I learned they dont believe in imposing any laws on anyone, and they also dont believe in stoning instead they believe in 100 lashes which is still ****ed up in my opinion.
Original post by The Wavefunction
What's the point in picking in choosing the parts of a religion you want to follow?

noone follows everything 100%
Christians dont either
other religions also - no one follows everything!
Original post by muzi123
bakwaas

All completely nonsense.

1. The letter representation of each element was not done completely systematically (eg Boron and Hydrogen are B and H respectively but Mercury is Hg and Sodium is Na), and could have been named anything. Einsteinium could have been named after someone else.

2. The numbers you have shown to be "linked" to each "number" of any element changes between the atomic and mass numbers with no consistency.

3. You have rearranged the letters to match that of those of elements on the periodic table.

4. If God did predict all of this I am sure he would have used some kind of consistency to show us instead of having to muddle about so much.

:smile:
Original post by fatima1998
noone follows everything 100%
Christians dont either
other religions also - no one follows everything!

Saudi Arabia does and look at the condition of the people. So ****ed up
Oh..my sympathies
I dont see a Muslim standing up when a Muslims calls homosexuals disgusting or mentally ill.
Or when a Muslim refers to white girls as who*es?

I saw your comment on this. lol

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4001703

how would see them if everyone is attacking muslims
:rolleyes:
I have researched my faith for apprx 5 years now. I know why Islam has such harsh punishments, but it still doesn not justify it in my opinion. Not everyone is a Muslim., so why should he follow your religous laws. Why impose them.
When I did my research abour Ahamdiyya, I learned they dont believe in imposing any laws on anyone, and they also dont believe in stoning instead they believe in 100 lashes which is still ****ed up in my opinion.

Ok before anything .

A homsexual isnt put to death just for having gay feelings. Its the action ONLY IF CAUGHT then.

Same as a fornicator if hes caught then. Islamically u cant spy on any1 so if i was 2 commit fornication in a room i would never ever be lashed because it was private.

If i drink alcohol in my room . Islamically i will never be lashed. Only if public.

Point is if something is done in public then the penalty will apply. But for these guys to get away they can do it in private . Im not saying do it . But thts a way to get away.

Islamically ur not allowed to expose the sins of your brother n sister. So really ther is no punishment unless if u want to be punished by doin it publicly.

Avoid applying legal punishment upon the Muslims if you are capable. If the criminal has a way out, then leave him to his way. Verily, it is better for the leader to make a mistake forgiving the criminal than it is for him to make a mistake punishing the innocent.Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 1424, Grade: Sahih
Avoid applying legal punishments as long as you find an excuse to avoid them.Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 2545, Grade: Hasan

It was the practice of the two righteous Caliphs Abu Bakr and Umar to order someone accused of theft to not confess to the crime, in the hope that there would be an acceptable excuse to avoid applying legal punishment and that the criminal would privately repent.‘Ata reported:كَانَ مَنْ مَضَى يُؤْتَى بِالسَّارِقِ فَيَقُولُ أَسَرَقْتَ قُلْ لَا وَلَا أَعْلَمُهُ إلَّا سَمَّى أَبَا بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرَThose who came before would be presented with someone accused of theft and they would say, “Have you stolen? Say no.” I do not know who did so except Abu Bakr and Umar.Source: Muṣannaf Ibn Abī Shaybah 28014, Grade: Sahih

This is consistent with the teaching that Muslims should cover the faults of others, including their own faults, by not publicizing their sins and crimes. The accused, even if he truly committed the crime, is not lying in this case since he would be acting on the order of the judge.
(edited 8 years ago)
:smile::smile::smile:

Awww no :frown:
Don't leave islam your making a mistake you'll regret :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muzi123
Ok before anything .

A homsexual isnt put to death just for having gay feelings. Its the action ONLY IF CAUGHT then.

Same as a fornicator if hes caught then. Islamically u cant spy on any1 so if i was 2 commit fornication in a room i would never ever be lashed because it was private.

If i drink alcohol in my room . Islamically i will never be lashed. Only if public.

Point is if something is done in public then the penalty will apply. But for these guys to get away they can do it in private . Im not saying do it . But thts a way to get away.

Islamically ur not allowed to expose the sins of your brother n sister. So really ther is no punishment unless if u want to be punished by doin it publicly.

Avoid applying legal punishment upon the Muslims if you are capable. If the criminal has a way out, then leave him to his way. Verily, it is better for the leader to make a mistake forgiving the criminal than it is for him to make a mistake punishing the innocent.Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 1424, Grade: Sahih
Avoid applying legal punishments as long as you find an excuse to avoid them.Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 2545, Grade: Hasan
It was the practice of the two righteous Caliphs Abu Bakr and Umar to order someone accused of theft to not confess to the crime, in the hope that there would be an acceptable excuse to avoid applying legal punishment and that the criminal would privately repent.‘Ata reported:كَانَ مَنْ مَضَى يُؤْتَى بِالسَّارِقِ فَيَقُولُ أَسَرَقْتَ قُلْ لَا وَلَا أَعْلَمُهُ إلَّا سَمَّى أَبَا بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرَThose who came before would be presented with someone accused of theft and they would say, “Have you stolen? Say no.” I do not know who did so except Abu Bakr and Umar.Source: Muṣannaf Ibn Abī Shaybah 28014, Grade: SahihThis is consistent with the teaching that Muslims should cover the faults of others, including their own faults, by not publicizing their sins and crimes. The accused, even if he truly committed the crime, is not lying in this case since he would be acting on the order of the judge.

That is awful and that is how law works for everything, Lets say I rob a bank but no one sees me. I get away and in the eyes of everyone else I am not a theif. If I kill someone but no one sees. I am also seen as innocent in the eyes of the law.

But when it comes down to things like drinking or being gay things that no one should be afraid of and the penalty is stupidly harsh you know there is something wrong with Islam
Islamically if u forgive the theif he is forgiven no penalty is 2 be applied. Same for murderer . However, in the west if u commit murder ur in jail for life. If u commit theft no mercy . But Islam has tht mercy .
Original post by Habibananna
If only I cared...:h: Have fun wa*king off to this thread, I can almost feel your joy. Pure shaytanism right there

Shaytanist and proud.

Run along sweetheart. It's almost bedtime
Original post by muzi123
Ok before anything .

It was the practice of the two righteous Caliphs Abu Bakr and Umar to order someone accused of theft to not confess to the crime, in the hope that there would be an acceptable excuse to avoid applying legal punishment and that the criminal would privately repent.‘Ata reported:كَانَ مَنْ مَضَى يُؤْتَى بِالسَّارِقِ فَيَقُولُ أَسَرَقْتَ قُلْ لَا وَلَا أَعْلَمُهُ إلَّا سَمَّى أَبَا بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرَThose who came before would be presented with someone accused of theft and they would say, “Have you stolen? Say no.” I do not know who did so except Abu Bakr and Umar.Source: Muṣannaf Ibn Abī Shaybah 28014, Grade: SahihThis is consistent with the teaching that Muslims should cover the faults of others, including their own faults, by not publicizing their sins and crimes. The accused, even if he truly committed the crime, is not lying in this case since he would be acting on the order of the judge.

Dude! I know all of these arguments. But I dont believe in them

I believe in freedom and equality. I believe a person should be able to drink alcohol without any fear whatsoever. I believe a person should be able to have sex before marriage without getting punished. And I believe two men should be able to hold hands and kiss in public.

I know you are trying, but I dont believe in this restrictive society where someone needs to express his love in private.

:smile:
I was born in a Muslim family. I dont want my family to disown me.
I dont like some of the fundamental aspects like Sharia Law

Seems a bit backwards. Will your family actually disown you because you want out? Mate what is so sweet about this religion.
The righteous Caliph Umar ibn Abdul Aziz was wise enough to not apply all of the Islamic laws in his time, since he knew that to do so would cause dissension and a great trial for the people.Ibn Abdu Rabbih reported: Abdul Malik said to his father Umar ibn Abdul Aziz, “O father, what is the matter that you do not implement the commands? By Allah, I would not mind if it caused discord between us as long as it was the truth.” Umar said:لا تعجل يا بنيّ فإنّ الله ذمّ الخمر في القرآن مرتين وحرّمها في الثالثة وأنا أخاف أن أحمل الحق على الناس جملة فيدفعونه جملة ويكون من ذلك فتنةDo not make it so, my son. Verily, Allah blamed wine-drinking in the Quran twice and on the third time He made it unlawful. I fear that if I compelled people to follow the truth all at once, they would reject it all at once and that would cause a tribulation.Source: al-ʻIqd al-Farīd 5/185Islamic laws ought to be introduced with gradualism (tadarruj), at the right time and for the right reason. Neglecting the circumstances of the people in the name of supporting the truth can actually cause greater harm to the truth.So even the caliphs at the time didnt apply ALL shariah law . Think about tht
I just want to say one thing- if you want to and if you can try to make one last du'a sincerely just you alone with no-one.. Pour your heart out- honestly that feeling will be enough to make you realise that you shouldn't💜
Original post by hezzlington
Your family would disown you?! Wow. So you're only Muslim because of fear?

Is this news to you? :lol:
Original post by Hydeman
Is this news to you? :lol:

No, those were rhetorical questions.

Infact, I'm not surprised whatsoever.
Original post by haj101
I just want to say one thing- if you want to and if you can try to make one last du'a sincerely just you alone with no-one.. Pour your heart out- honestly that feeling will be enough to make you realise that you shouldn't💜

I cant pray to a God who has ordered his people to stone each other
How can you support Islam when Islam clearly supports cutting people hands off.

I agree that the Sharia law is rather extreme. But it was what happened in our Prophet (SAWW) time. And the middle easterns have just adopted that.
Its extremely over the top tho.

Quick Reply

Latest