Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CitrusConfusion)
    I learned eight essays, to only use two in the exam. That's annoying.
    I learned 8 but some people only learned four overall - if I did that none of them would have come up!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I am so nervous now, I realise I didn't mention the main argument they wanted me to mention properly in my causes of the Cold War essay, I just went straight to mentioning the atomic bomb. Am I in trouble? Surely that was still the wartime alliance? Am I going to lose all the marks now because I thought by wartime alliance tension they meant the atomic bomb? Can I still get marks in the essay if I didn't mention the main argument?

ReputationRep:
    HOW BANGING WAS THAT PAPER????? Over the moon that women came up the how fully for migration and empire was hard but all round pleased with that

ReputationRep:
    I am beyond lucky that liberals and nazis came up!

ReputationRep:
    Any general thoughts on the Migration and Empire, Britain and Germany?

How fully was pretty rubbish for Scottish but overall we were all pretty happy?

Any reassurance or am I deluded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmalley1)
    Any general thoughts on the Migration and Empire, Britain and Germany?

How fully was pretty rubbish for Scottish but overall we were all pretty happy?

Any reassurance or am I deluded?
    I loved that the women's essay came up for Britain and everyone was pretty happy with the overall exam and said it was easier than expected since they had an idea on what was coming up in it

The how fully was bad for migration and empire and no way could I have wrote more than 3 points so I just made the rest up. We hardly had any notes on that topic and I wasn't even taught it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola98)
    I loved that the women's essay came up for Britain and everyone was pretty happy with the overall exam and said it was easier than expected since they had an idea on what was coming up in it

The how fully was bad for migration and empire and no way could I have wrote more than 3 points so I just made the rest up. We hardly had any notes on that topic and I wasn't even taught it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was really chuffed with the women's essay, and that how fully was a nightmare, I only managed around 4 points of complete rubbish! I had to teach myself the Britain and Scottish topics - but overall it was a great paper! I wanted to second Nazi essay to come up instead of the first, so I did the nationalism question...which was still really good for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmalley1)
    I was really chuffed with the women's essay, and that how fully was a nightmare, I only managed around 4 points of complete rubbish! I had to teach myself the Britain and Scottish topics - but overall it was a great paper! I wanted to second Nazi essay to come up instead of the first, so I did the nationalism question...which was still really good for me!
    I don't do the Germany topic, I do USA and was so glad that the 1930s depression came up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shane7)
    One of the history teachers in my school predicted that because it's still new highers they will likely put 1 Nazi essay in it (Probably the Rise) and Women is the most likely British essay to show up. Therefore my prediction for tomorrows paper is:

Germany: Rise of the Nazis and Obstacles to German unification

Britain: Success of the Liberal Reforms and Women

This will probably be the last time I'll be on this until after the exam so good luck everyone tomorrow at 9am. It's weird how all 11,000 higher history candidates in Scotland will be writing the exam at the exact same time.
    How sexy is that prediction?

Very sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shane7)
    How sexy is that prediction?

Very sexy.
    I literally just remembered this earlier mate, was your predictions the same as the European questions? We do different ones so I don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossRFC)
    I literally just remembered this earlier mate, was your predictions the same as the European questions? We do different ones so I don't know
    Yes mate I got my predictions right. I thought the exam was pretty easy, the source question for me were on the Scottish wars of independence but they were all good too.

How was your exam? Did all the right questions come up for you?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.