Teesside September 2016 Starters Mega-Thread

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilliaaaannr94)
    hey im going to be studying sports therapy and rehabilitation come september and have a place confirmed at central halls ( im coming down from glasgow) was just wondering if anyone had heard anything from accommodation about their deposit?
    Not yet..i think we might hear from our accommodation about the details and deposit by next month..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilliaaaannr94)
    hey im going to be studying sports therapy and rehabilitation come september and have a place confirmed at central halls ( im coming down from glasgow) was just wondering if anyone had heard anything from accommodation about their deposit?
    When I first went into Teesside we found out about our accommodation based on how early we applied for it, so people that applied earlier found out earlier.

I received my contract for Parkside West (Which also told me which room I was in and everything) on 02/07 and was made to pay a £150 deposit within the week of getting the contract to confirm my place.

It was the same for everyone in different accommodation as well from what I remember so I imagine that's what will have to happen unless they've changed their system within two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph97)
    Hey! I don't know if you have facebook but there's a central halls group chat for us all to get to know eachother, just post an intro on one of the freshers pages for Teesside so I can find you and I'll add you to the chat! Me too!!
    I made a request to join a while ago but haven't been accepted, it's Katie Tutt

ReputationRep:
    Ooh what I meant was like there's a chat via Facebook Messenger for people living in Central Halls!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, my name is Chloe i will be studying law.

happy to chat with people just send me a message

ReputationRep:
    Hey, welcome! I'm Sophie, studying Forensic Science What accommodation are you staying in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HI
    i will be living out/staying at home . i'm in the middle of moving house that will be about 15 mins away on bus

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Beth, I'll be studying psychology. I'm from the area so won't be in halls, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey and welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm Dani and I'll be studying Diagnostic Radiography. I live locally so I won't be in accommodation I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm just wondering if anyone knows when we will hear about being accepted for scholarships? or if anyone has already heard x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything about accommodation yet? It's been over 2 months and I've not heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    I've been told I've got my accommodation place but that's it really, no news on deposits etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellee0)
    Anyone heard anything about accommodation yet? It's been over 2 months and I've not heard anything yet
    (Original post by SkeletalK)
    I've been told I've got my accommodation place but that's it really, no news on deposits etc
    same here, gonna leave it til the 20th then email them about it if I've not heard anything by then

anyone else got anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, and apparently others from other years got theirs by July 2nd!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sree_hari)
    Well...kinda used to traveling a lot so no issues ..have you guys been to any open days ?.i have no clue about the uni or the area..i have to depend on google atm for pictures..uni looks great,although i've read almost everywhere that middlesbrough isn't exactly safe nor friendly
    Middlesbrough is alright, it's quite multi-cultural, you walk around and you will see many different types of people, however since the EU referendum that may have changed, but it seems that way everywhere right now

I dont really know much about the town as Im not from there but I've been a couple of times, you get the few bad people walking around, but there will be loads of Uni people too

ReputationRep:
    Hii I'm Melanie and I'm going to be studying History come September. I did have an offer at Durham but it just felt so empty and maybe a bit too formal when I went for a visit. I didn't feel like I would fit in. I didn't like Sunderland much either, it's a bit too spread out but Teesside felt so warm and it has a good environment, the other two Unis were lacking it for sure.

I'm not from Middlesbrough but I'm sure a 40-1 hour bus journey wont be too hard, just dreading 9am starts if we have any as it means I need to get up about 6:30, get the bus from my home into town to catch the Uni bus to Middlesbrough and with the morning traffic rushes I will need to make sure I can get into my town on time to catch the right bus that will get me to Uni on time, then walking up from the bus station to the Uni itself, but I guess I will work that out when it's time

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Melanie! So you're not staying in uni accommodation? Welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph97)
    Hey, Melanie! So you're not staying in uni accommodation? Welcome
    Nope, staying at home. I have really bad anxiety and slight depression so maybe that is for the best. Also you cant have pets and I would miss my guinea pigs

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm Ali, I'm studying Biological Sciences (Extended) hopefully if I get the grades

I've been offered a place in Central Halls and I emailed them the other week cos I was concerned because I hadn't heard anything but they replied saying the paperwork is being sent out late this year due to new Occupancy Agreements, I was worried too! Hope this helps others who were wondering

Looking forward to meeting you all in September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm doing forensic science extended so hopefully we'll have the same first year lectures! and there's some group chats on Facebook if you want to be added? there's some for central halls, science and engineering and Teesside freshers in general!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.