The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I'm basically screwed if Cinema or Tourism doesn't come up, great. There goes the one exam I might've actually passed, out the window,
Original post by bethanyjx
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TAKING SPANISH AT A LEVEL? I'm not particularly amazing at it, but I am interested in it and I'm suddenly motivated to learn it..but the speaking exam is putting me off (I also struggle with the listening)....I just did my GCSE and struggled with it :/ (I usually get A's in my mocks) and I know it's a huge jump from GCSE to A level but if I dedicated my summer to learning a whole range of new vocabulary would it be worth it? I really am starting to develop a passion for wanting to know the language..but if it's HARD I wouldn't want to struggle !? what would you advise

It is truely one of the best A-Levels. Atleast our specification is very good. Next year, your specification is suppose to be more challenging and the leap between GCSE and AS is extremely hard as it is. but if you stay determined, you will be surprised with the results.

Post GCSE, our spanish teachers would walk into each others classes and have a conversation in spanish and we could all pick up the odd words. 9 months on, we ca keep up with what they are saying and even input. Its worth it!
Original post by Lozza98
I'm basically screwed if Cinema or Tourism doesn't come up, great. There goes the one exam I might've actually passed, out the window,

My tip is, when you open the paper, first go to the back and read the essays and ick your favourite, that way as you go through the rest of the paper, you can quickly jot down ideas. Saving you time towards the end.
Original post by patek032
Hey as you are stuck for essays, I have like 30 essays planned out for this exam each wit out six ideas if you want them. As a summary of predicted essays these are the key one:
- smoking/alcoholism
- tourism - holidays in spain

Also, I have made vocab checklists from our school's book and am doing grammar quizzes.

Could I have this too please!!
I actually think I might cry
Original post by BEARichards
I actually think I might cry

Honestly it will be ok, you know more than you think! don't stress *hugs* need a hand with anything in particular?
What does everyone want to get /110?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyone feeling for the grammar?

Been revising sports + alcohol/smoking essays
Original post by eleanor27
Honestly it will be ok, you know more than you think! don't stress *hugs* need a hand with anything in particular?

Thank you! I'm fairly confident on the reading and listening but the essay is stressing me out because I'm so worried the questions will be horrible! If it's alcohol/smoking then I'll be fine but it might be something horrible like extreme sports or the culture of the celebrity etc aHHHHH
Reply 109
Original post by chazer154

The grade boundary for an A is usually just below 90 so I would like 90
Original post by rainbear
could i have this too please!!

gimme pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm aiming for 110 but realistically probably about 90ish! I've been getting 72/75 ish on the reading and listenings and 33ish on the essays but when exam panic sets in I might not be on my top form!
Thank you! I'm fairly confident on the reading and listening but the essay is stressing me out because I'm so worried the questions will be horrible! If it's alcohol/smoking then I'll be fine but it might be something horrible like extreme sports or the culture of the celebrity etc aHHHHH

I guess just try to make sure you have at least 3 for and 3 against no matter how tenuous they may seem? Also remember to impress in other ways like complex grammar such as subjunctive, si sentences and the passive voice and colloquial expressions and you'll be great! Have faith you can do it :smile:
Original post by eleanor27
I guess just try to make sure you have at least 3 for and 3 against no matter how tenuous they may seem? Also remember to impress in other ways like complex grammar such as subjunctive, si sentences and the passive voice and colloquial expressions and you'll be great! Have faith you can do it :smile:

Thank you so much this really boosted my confidence actually! You're wonderful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aiming for over 100 as I got 90% last year :smile:
Thank you so much this really boosted my confidence actually! You're wonderful!

no problem! I know you'll be amazing! x
Reply 116
What would I write about for smoking/alcohol???? 😭😭😭
I don't know anything. 😭 I feel like not turning up to the exam
Reply 118
Original post by RainBear
I don't know anything. 😭 I feel like not turning up to the exam

Me too. If the essays are in smoking/alochol and Sport and Celebrities or whatever, I may as well not turn up
Original post by Wisteria_xo
Hey do you mind sending me some ideas on the smoking/alcholism one I struggle with that too! I also revised tourism, and possibly cinema!

I need your email

Quick Reply

Latest