Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, would you rather have a happy relationship or a successful career? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Happy relationship. Every. Single. Time.

I would much rather be a stay at home mum to a huge family and have a house filled with love and laughs and wonderful complicated human nature than to be rolling in money by myself.

Lots of very successful people kill themselves due to the crippling loneliness....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Title ^^
    If the woman is above 5/10 looks wise the answer will be relatinship.

Especially in the West, when you're an attractive woman you dont need career when all you have to do is spread your legs and have men do stuff for you

ReputationRep:
    It's 2016 FFS. Nobody would ask this question about guys. Asking it about girls creates pressure on them, making it feel as if there has to be a choice.

If anyone's career should take second place to protect a relationship or bring up kids, it should be the man who makes that sacrifice, given how many generations have done it the other way round.

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    feck that. thats easily replaceable. long term thats more important but career for sure in that case.
    that's not necessarily true, my parents were married for about 20 years and ended up hating each other, but my best friend's parents never got married, and they are still in love.

marriage is not refined within a ceremony or paper, or even vows to God. marriage is a complete commitment to each other; having a piece of paper, and making it harder to separate during divorce does not ensure lifelong commitment.

as for the career vs love topic: why can't I have both?

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    feck that. thats easily replaceable. long term thats more important but career for sure in that case.

that's not necessarily true, my parents were married for about 20 years and ended up hating each other, but my best friend's parents never got married, and they are still in love. marriage is not refined within a ceremony or paper, or even vows to God.
    marriage is a complete commitment to each other; having a piece of paper, and making it harder to separate during divorce does not ensure lifelong commitment.
    as for the career vs love topic: why cant I have both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    that's not necessarily true, my parents were married for about 20 years and ended up hating each other, but my best friend's parents never got married, and they are still in love.

marriage is not refined within a ceremony or paper, or even vows to God. marriage is a complete commitment to each other; having a piece of paper, and making it harder to separate during divorce does not ensure lifelong commitment.

as for the career vs love topic: why can't I have both?
    get off anonymous yeh weirdo.

exactly its a personal thing. didnt work for your parents but works for others. obivously a gf at my age doesnt have the same significance as my wife with four kids.

why cant I have both? ofc yeh can yeh dimwit. but yeh had to choose.

ReputationRep:
    career I would like to be able to provide well for my self

(Original post by chemting)
    A successful relationship and a happy career...
    I like this. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Espada Zero)
    If the woman is above 5/10 looks wise the answer will be relatinship.

Especially in the West, when you're an attractive woman you dont need career when all you have to do is spread your legs and have men do stuff for you
    The looks don't last forever so won't help in the long run.

You'll need brains to survive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    The looks don't last forever so won't help in the long run.

You'll need brains to survive.
    Not really. If you're good lookig enough, just bag yourself a well-off guy (as as good as you can get), then when you inevitably get divorced just take half his stuff, Sorted.

you may scoff at this and think I'm being facetious, but the behaviour I've described is actually increasingly common amongst women today.

ReputationRep:
    Successful career always

ReputationRep:
    Successful career because you can't depend on a guy for JACK ****.

ReputationRep:
    Happy relationship. The people you love who love you are what matter in life. So long as I enjoy/don't detest my job and it brings in enough money to keep a roof over my head and food on my table and let me do nice things occasionally, I couldn't care less about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.