Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAnonymous123)
    lol at the grass one

your job will eventually grow terrible whatever you do!
    One of my current jobs I don't think I'll ever get tired of!
    The other ones I've had, not so much ...

ReputationRep:
    you can only truly rely on yourself

ReputationRep:
    Take an umbrella when it's raining.

ReputationRep:
    I recently learnt that the only way to get what you want is to give yourself the chance to get it.

When choosing unis recently the uni I was going to put as my insurance said they would change my offer to unconditional if I put it as my firm which would obviously be a lot less stressful. It took all the courage I had to decline that and keep them as my insurance so I could give myself a shot at my original firm choice (even though i'm 90% sure i won't get the grades). Yesterday i got an email from the insurance saying they're going to change my offer to unconditional anyway, so it made me really happy that i had initially given myself the chance and not settled for what was the easier option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calm down)
    One of my current jobs I don't think I'll ever get tired of!
    The other ones I've had, not so much ...
    Now I'm curious.. I shall request thee to name thou current job?

(Original post by wickedisgood)
    I recently learnt that the only way to get what you want is to give yourself the chance to get it..
    I've found this too, people sometimes are saying they want things but don't realise they can get it if they really try they can achieve it, they just need to actually try first!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.