The Student Room Group

My dad just asked if I wanted to get engaged to a girl in a picture

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asif007
No ****, Sherlock.

bruh just wait for the right girl to come along who is not a ***** what ever that was meant to be :wink:
Original post by BristolFresher15
Who hurt you bro?

innit lemme sort her out fam
Original post by MevMev
innit lemme sort her out fam

:rofl2::clap2:
Original post by asif007
WRONG! I'm permanently single and I hope it stays that way. :wink:

I feel the same way. :u:

Original post by UnknownRoyalist
I don't have one really. Haven't given it much thought- whatever floats people's boats I guess. Though I do remember reading somewhere that statistically they last longer than 'love marriages' in the west lol.

Wbu?

So you'd be open to having an arranged marriage?

Arranged marriages don't make sense to me, how can someone be ready to live their life with someone they don't know that well. :dontknow:
Original post by MevMev
lol U mad hahah
look yeah fam
if my parents showed me 10/10 boy i would be like when would i ever be able to chat him up in real life without messing it up so like yeah i would deffo take it lol

But you won't even know each other that well at the start of your engagement/marriage :lol: Also, you'll both have to deal with the expectations of your respective families.

I think it's better do things on your own terms without letting other people intervene :yep:
Original post by Indeterminate
But you won't even know each other that well at the start of your engagement/marriage :lol: Also, you'll both have to deal with the expectations of your respective families.

I think it's better do things on your own terms without letting other people intervene :yep:

no but u get to know him before the marriage
parents are only acting as a match maker and kind of speeding up the process
Original post by MevMev
no but u get to know him before the marriage
parents are only acting as a match maker and kind of speeding up the process

^That's one of the main issues with it IMO.

Go for it if you like the idea. Don't say I didn't warn ya :tongue:
Original post by undercxver
I feel the same way. :u:

So you'd be open to having an arranged marriage?

Arranged marriages don't make sense to me, how can someone be ready to live their life with someone they don't know that well. :dontknow:

No I'm not open to have one lol. I meant I don't have anything against anyone that would be open to have one - some people (like that asif) haven't got a choice after they've been rejected so many times #shotsfired.

I agree. Getting to know the real personality of a person takes time. For me, my way of thinking in general is different to most people's so there's no way I could take any steps without knowing the person properly

@asif007 I'm joking btw lol. Just messing with you
No I'm not open to have one lol. I meant I don't have anything against anyone that would be open to have one - some people (like that asif) haven't got a choice after they've been rejected so many times #shotsfired.

I agree. Getting to know the real personality of a person takes time. For me, my way of thinking in general is different to most people's so there's no way I could take any steps without knowing the person properly

@asif007 I'm joking btw lol. Just messing with you

Ohhh, I didn't mean to say that I have anything against people who have arranged marriages - if they're happy with it then that's fine. LOOOL :rofl: Yeah nowadays arranged marriages is because they aren't open to dating or haven't found someone.

Exactly, arranged marriages seem to be based on wealth/family/looks. :erm:

I plan to be a cat lady. :emog:
Ohhh, I didn't mean to say that I have anything against people who have arranged marriages - if they're happy with it then that's fine. LOOOL :rofl: Yeah nowadays arranged marriages is because they aren't open to dating or haven't found someone.

lol i plan to have 9 cats when I'm older if my arranged marriage hubby has a problem with that he can get screwed lol

I think that's all they're based on. Personality or half a brain is worth more imo

Why do you plan to be a cat lady?
Original post by MevMev
lol i plan to have 9 cats when I'm older if my arranged marriage hubby has a problem with that he can get screwed lol

You like cats too! :ahee:

Most guys tend to dislike cats.

I think that's all they're based on. Personality or half a brain is worth more imo

Why do you plan to be a cat lady?

I agree.

Well...

I love cats.

Most guys don't like cats, I can't be living with someone who doesn't like cats.

I won't be lonely.

Relationships aren't worth it.

Better off single.

I agree.

Well...

I love cats.

Most guys don't like cats, I can't be living with someone who doesn't like cats.

I won't be lonely.

Better off single.

well i am a cat bbz so if boys don't like cats my future don't look so bright

I agree.

Well...

I love cats.

I won't be lonely.

Better off single.

Those are very legit reasons so good for you! This is very off topic but I was thinking about getting a cat when I was told that apparently you can train them to use the toilet. That's a win win situation tbh.
Original post by MevMev
well i am a cat bbz so if boys don't like cats my future don't look so bright

Aww, well hopefully your future husband loves cats too. :h:

Those are very legit reasons so good for you! This is very off topic but I was thinking about getting a cat when I was told that apparently you can train them to use the toilet. That's a win win situation tbh.

:ahee: Yeah I'm still open to having a relationship, but I doubt I will get into one.

Get a cat! They really know how to look after themselves, they're not fussy. Just got to feed them and they pee/poop in the cat litter box. I wish I was allowed a cat. :emo:
Aww, well hopefully your future husband loves cats too. :h:

:ahee: Yeah I'm still open to having a relationship, but I doubt I will get into one.

Get a cat! They really know how to look after themselves, they're not fussy. Just got to feed them and they pee/poop in the cat litter box. I wish I was allowed a cat. :emo:

Litter box..? What about the part where I said apparently you can train them to use the toilet??
Litter box..? What about the part where I said apparently you can train them to use the toilet??

Wait, what? You actually meant a toilet! :rofl:

I've never heard of something like that. I love cats even more now. :daydreaming:
Wait, what? You actually meant a toilet! :rofl:

I've never heard of something like that. I love cats even more now. :daydreaming:

Yea, a real toilet lol. It's a seat or something that you put on the toilet seat and they use it... thats what i was told but I'm not even sure anymore after that. It might not even exist - probably best to stop now instead of making myself look stupid
Yea, a real toilet lol. It's a seat or something that you put on the toilet seat and they use it... thats what i was told but I'm not even sure anymore after that. It might not even exist - probably best to stop now instead of making myself look stupid

I just googled it. Some videos popped up but I won't watch them. :redface:

I suppose it is true, don't worry you're not making a fool out of yourself. :laugh:

If you do get a cat be sure to send me a pic. :emog:
I just googled it. Some videos popped up but I won't watch them. :redface:

I suppose it is true, don't worry you're not making a fool out of yourself. :laugh:

If you do get a cat be sure to send me a pic. :emog:

Ah good to know I wasn't liedto then lol

Wont be for a while if I were to but if I do, I will!

Quick Reply