ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Just stop moaning.
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Just stop moaning.
    I'm done on this thread.

Unless Provisional IRA worshipper Beavis or Provisional IRA suck up Butthead responds to one of my posts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Isn't it normally the right who criticise people for being sensitive? Stop being ridiculous, just because someone's died doesn't mean you can't make jokes about it.
    As a qualified representative of The Right, I can tell you that we tend to dislike people who want to ban things that offend them, but we generally also rather dislike people who make light of attacks on our country or make fun of our institutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JezWeCan!)
    Prince Charles was devastated by the murder of his adored Godfather, Lord Mountbatten.

He is also fond of the Queen. She is his mother.

Do you think if he read TSR and read jokes about both their murders he would be "hurt" and that would be "bad"?

Above all you need to explain. What is *objectively" funny about these references to political assassinations on terrorist grounds?
    yes but he's not particularly likely to read TSR now, is he?

I don't need to explain what is objectively funny because nothing is objectively funny. What matters is whether a non-zero portion of the target audience finds it funny.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I think it's perhaps time to close this now, Her Majesty's birthday was yesterday after all and the argument is going nowhere.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.