Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized? Watch

• View Poll Results: Only Muslims because I want to get an accurate result
    Yes, it should be illegal
    26.50%
    No, I am a tolerant person who believes in "live and let live"
    73.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    Ever heard of Ahmadiyya Sharia. They only believe that Sharia should only be applied to individuals who choose to live under it. So non muslims or gay people can do whatver they want in a muslim country wothout any punishments or persecution. they dont believe in imposing.. Sunnis and Shias learn something from Ahmadis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed. They also believe that every violent verse of the Qu'ran and Sunnah is metaphorical and was intended as a "Jihad of the pen." They're a much nicer bunch than the other sects. Hell, they're the only sect that's compatible with the west!

ReputationRep:
    Askingf for tolerance is not promoting, but after reading some of your old post, I am not gonna bother replying to you reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am tolerant of everybody as long as they are respectful but looking at your post count I'm 99% sure you're a troll and I think I've encountered you before. Seriously you guys need to get a life this is an addiction find some new hobbies instead of trolling on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I am tolerant of everybody as long as they are respectful but looking at your post count I'm 99% sure you're a troll and I think I've encountered you before. Seriously you guys need to get a life this is an addiction find some new hobbies instead of trolling on the internet.
    okay. oops i replied

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Indeed. They also believe that every violent verse of the Qu'ran and Sunnah is metaphorical and was intended as a "Jihad of the pen." They're a much nicer bunch than the other sects. Hell, they're the only sect that's compatible with the west!
    But ironically Muslims dont consider them Muslims. I mean come on..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol okay first of all these results won't mean anything because non-Muslims can vote, including any Islamophobes.

(I'm a Muslim)

No I don't think it should be banned, I think you should be able to do whatever you want to do

That recent poll that you mentioned is so stupid btw. Generalising 3million Muslims from only 1K participants. The questions also were in such a manner that could have been misunderstood. What I find funny is that when talking about the non-Muslims the documentary says "no non-Muslim agrees with violence in the UK" or whatever BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    x
    Empiricism, **** yeah!

(There's no way he's reading all that, though)

ReputationRep:
    So what you are telling me that this ummah is not capable of following Allahs command until things are banned. So , the whole concept of " Life is a test, my brother" becomes useless

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some of them yes. And of course you are still being tested on whether you pray, insult each other, not fast etc.

And murder is banned yes? Yet, we still have murderers going to jail and are hence being tested. Same can be applied to alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    But ironically Muslims dont consider them Muslims. I mean come on..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sad, isn't it? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPO92)
    I am left!
    You are part of the problem with your no borders unlimited mass uncontrolled migration with no language or any requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The options should be 'Yes, it should be illegal' and 'No, it shouldn't be illegal.' (Or even better, change the question to 'Should homosexuality be legal?' and have only yes/no options.)

'No, I'm a tolerant person...' is likely to skew the results because tolerance, as a word, has positive connotations that people tend to want to have associated with them, even if the poll is anonymous.
    Don't forget how useless the poll is, considering how anyone, Muslim or Non-Muslims, can vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMA99)
    Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
    1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
    Heterosexual sex also spreads diseases. Moreover, your assertion that people in 'normal relationships' don't use condoms is incorrect.

2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
    Only if everyone's sexual behaviour was exclusively homosexual and nobody used any form of IVF, surrogacy etc. which to be quite frank, is a ridiculously unlikely situation.
    3- It is not how humans were made.
    So? By the same reasoning would you want to criminalise oral sex or masturbation?
    4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.
    Incorrect.
    5- It is a disease and people should get treated.
    It isn't a disease and was dropped from the DSM in 1973, moreover so-called 'conversion therapy' is ineffective. Even if it were a disease, why criminalise it?

(Original post by champ_mc99)
    Don't forget how useless the poll is, considering how anyone, Muslim or Non-Muslims, can vote.
    Yes, there is that. There's no foolproof way of preventing that, but the least that could have been done was to make the poll public so that users whose religious beliefs are well-known couldn't skew the results. Oh well. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure why Muslims reckon they're gods gift, what gives Muslims the right to judge people as inferior? Winds me up

ReputationRep:
    1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
    2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
    In reply to your "reasonings" -

1) Gay sex spreads the same amount of STDs than straight sex would. Also, who the **** is in a relationship where buying contraceptives is awkward?
    2) So 5% of the human population will be able to kill off the whole human race???
    3) Your point being??? Either was kissing, hugging, *******. People still do that for sexual pleasure.
    4) Yes, they do. Over 500 species have been recognised to have homosexual tendencies/relationships.
    5) Oh my god it's like being back in ****ing 1930

ReputationRep:
    homosexuality itself is not a sin, you can be both homosexual and muslim as long as your love for God overpowers your sexual desires therefore homosexual muslims should remain celibate

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Live and let die.

ReputationRep:
    Homosexuality has been widely documented in animals. Flamingoes, penguins, chimps, even a goat.

I think the Flamingoes were called Paul and Frank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEETS)
    Homosexuality has been widely documented in animals. Flamingoes, penguins, chimps, even a goat.

I think the Flamingoes were called Paul and Frank.
    Pfft the most masculine names ever

Inb4 you can be gay and masculine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen96)
    You do realise Muslims don't oppose homosexuality OP? The left say it's the religion of peace and tolerance on a daily basis, they vouch it. I'm sure they tolerate homosexuality as a result
    Whilst I know this post was facetious, there is in fact room for the acceptance of homosexuality in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Whilst I know this post was facetious, there is in fact room for the acceptance of homosexuality in Islam.
    Is there? This is a direct quote from the Qu'ran on such acts:

"Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." Qur'an 7:77-78 [I think]

And the Hadith is even more blunt:

"When a man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes.....Kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to."

I appreciate there's often room for interpretation in religious texts, but I don't really see how you'd reconcile the suggestion that homosexuality is acceptable with such texts. And before you say it, the argument that 'the Qu'ran/Hadith is from a different time so isn't totally applicable in the 21st century' is not really acceptable. The Qu'ran is considered the truest and most complete form of Allah's word; suggesting that any facet of its doctrine is outdated and wrong is essentially an act of takfir to Muslims.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.