AQA A-Level French 2016

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    Any predictions for the film essay???
    I'm guessing, do you think your metteur en scène deserves the respect he has been given. But honestly it could be anything. (I'm hoping techniques tbh)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    my exemplar paragraph on why future generations should read the book
    Spoiler:
    Show

D'après moi, il devrait être lu par les générations futures puisque malgré le fait que ce livre a été écrit il y a plus d'un cinquantaine d'années, il parvient tant bien que mal à nous impliquer dans son histoire. De nombreux gens seraient d'avis que le sujet de l'Holocauste peut être ennuyeux, cependant, Joseph Joffo nous y plonge en nous conduisant dans son aventure de guerre. Contrairement aux livres de guerre, il parvient à nous faire de vivre dans l'instant afin qu'on soit diverti autant qu'engagé. Il ne s'agit pas tout simplement d'un livre holocauste typique à quoi on s'attendrait: dans lequel le lecteur raconte ses mémoires et des évènements cauchemardesques, mais Joseph Joffo nous fait de ne jamais perdre le fil du livre - par l'utilisation de nombreuses figures de style. Par exemple, Joseph Joffo utilise l'apogée quand il se trouve dans l'Hotel Excelsoir, voyant l'abattage des Juifs à proximité de lui-même. Il y a des gens qui pleurent, Joseph donne la main de Maurice. Après être parvenu à réussir, le lecteur se sent donc soulagé. En ce qui me concerne, il serait dommage pour les générations futures de ne pas le lire. Autant que je sache, d'autres livres traitant du thème de l'Holocauste ont souvent tendance à nous faire peur, ou à nous enseigner l'Histoire de cette époque de guerre plutôt qu'être une histoire que l'on peut suivre profondément sans avoir aucun des pensées négatives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    my exemplar paragraph on why future generations should read the book
    Spoiler:
    Show

D'après moi, il devrait être lu par les générations futures puisque malgré le fait que ce livre a été écrit il y a plus d'un cinquantaine d'années, il parvient tant bien que mal à nous impliquer dans son histoire. De nombreux gens seraient d'avis que le sujet de l'Holocauste peut être ennuyeux, cependant, Joseph Joffo nous y plonge en nous conduisant dans son aventure de guerre, en nous faisant vivre dans l'instant afin qu'on soit diverti autant qu'engagé. Il ne s'agit pas tout simplement d'un livre holocauste typique à quoi on s'attendrait: dans lequel le lecteur raconte ses mémoires et des évènements cauchemardesques, mais Joseph Joffo nous fait de ne jamais perdre le fil du livre - par l'utilisation de nombreuses figures de style. Par exemple, Joseph Joffo utilise l'apogée quand il se trouve dans l'Hotel Excelsoir, voyant l'abattage des Juifs à proximité de lui-même. Il y a des gens qui pleurent, Joseph se donne la main de Maurice. Après être parvenu à réussir, le lecteur se sent donc soulagé. D'après moi, il aurait été dommage pour les générations futures de ne pas le lire. Autant que je sache, d'autres livres traitant le thème de l'Holocauste ont souvent tendance à nous faire peur, ou à nous enseigner l'Histoire de cette époque de guerre plutôt qu'être une histoire que l'on peut suivre profondément.
    De nombreuses gens (adjective before the noun -> feminine)
    il aurait été dommage -> il serait dommage
    d'autres livres qui traitant du thème de l'Holocauste,
    qu'on peut suivre
    Also repeats D'après moi, but overall really impressive - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bananapeeler)
    De nombreuses gens (adjective before the noun -> feminine)
    il aurait été dommage -> il serait dommage
    d'autres livres qui traitant du thème de l'Holocauste,
    qu'on peut suivre
    Also repeats D'après moi, but overall really impressive - good luck!
    Thank you are you doing this book and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you are you doing this book and good luck
    Nah, I'm doing l'Etranger

ReputationRep:
    Sooo how did everybody find it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca30)
    Sooo how did everybody find it??
    I loved the film essay questions, found some of the listening and the french to English translation quite hard but the rest was okay. What did you think to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    I loved the film essay questions, found some of the listening and the french to English translation quite hard but the rest was okay. What did you think to it?
    Yeah essay questions weren't too bad, although I think I messed mine up because I wasn't 100% sure what it was asking so probably didn't answer it properly but oh well.
    French to English translation was horrific haha. Listening and reading was mostly alright though What did you put as the synonym for 'la vie penible' on the question about the Chinese family going to Belgium?

ReputationRep:
    Essay questions were nice! I did the second artist question which was good but I couldn't remember what occasion meant and of course it's second hand! Oops! Hopefully the other stuff went well so the mark doesn't drop! 😜

ReputationRep:
    Suppose that was okay! Didnt like the translation one (Wtf was the french to english one lmao) or the cloning Ran out of time on my essay and I wrote waaaay too much and thought I had half an hour when it was 5 minutes so I rushed my conclusion and partly answered the question hahaha. Sooo happy the question was on influences on Stromae 😆😆😆
    Hope everyone else's went well!

ReputationRep:
    wtf was that s h i t man,hardest ****ing paper ive ever done

ReputationRep:
    Essay was fab, translations were a bit meh tbh, especially French to English omg, the first couple of listenings frustrated me though. Was a weird paper tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I honestly hated the French to English translation - especially since it turns out I knew a correct answer that I didn't put down! I'm also hoping my examiner is nice because my structure was really off with my essay, though I think what I wrote was fairly decent

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was significantly harder than any past papers, especially the specific vocab in the French to English. Feel most worried about how my essay went (did 12a on Le Petit Prince) - not sure if I explicitly answered the question well enough 😪 feeling really disheartened 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can anyone remember any answers to questions?! i thought that exam was genuinely horrific

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca30)
    Yeah essay questions weren't too bad, although I think I messed mine up because I wasn't 100% sure what it was asking so probably didn't answer it properly but oh well.
    French to English translation was horrific haha. Listening and reading was mostly alright though What did you put as the synonym for 'la vie penible' on the question about the Chinese family going to Belgium?

Yes me too! Did you do the film?

For 'la vie penible' I got 'la galere' meaning chore/pain/hell.
    The first listening I found so hard. All the questions were on really specific topic areas (cloning dogs/electronic bracelets etc) I thought this year!? The translations were a bit mean I thought.

Did anyone else do the metteur en scene question which was something like
    "Analysez les principales influences... A votre avis, est-ce que ces influences sont plus fortes sur les techniques ou les themes?"

ReputationRep:
    What a fabulous exam! Absolutely smashed it! Oxford here I come!!!

ReputationRep:
    wtf was that s h i t man,hardest ****ing paper ive ever done
    yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La_magicienne)
    Yes me too! Did you do the film?

For 'la vie penible' I got 'la galere' meaning chore/pain/hell.
    The first listening I found so hard. All the questions were on really specific topic areas (cloning dogs/electronic bracelets etc) I thought this year!? The translations were a bit mean I thought.

Did anyone else do the metteur en scene question which was something like
    "Analysez les principales influences... A votre avis, est-ce que ces influences sont plus fortes sur les techniques ou les themes?"
    I put la galère! I did that question too, I did it for La Haine by Kassovitz I hated how many environment questions it had as its my least favourite topic

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.