Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think girls who wear leggings are slutty? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    Yeah but how do you tell apart campers...
    Despite them being subhuman, camping is a legitimate strategy.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Lol if it does I'm scuppered. I always wear leggings. Have you seen the amazing patterns, plus they're more likely to go with everything and aren't as heavy as jeans. Currently I'm wearing grey ones with a tartan design to work

ReputationRep:
    Nope it doesnt!! Not a problem!

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    What should we pass judgement over?

I seriously... Just lost for words. "Shouldn't judge over past", " shouldn't judge on appearance ", " shouldn't judge on intelligence " etc...

Wtf do we judge on???
    We really shouldn't judge at all but I know it's human nature to judge based on what we have been brought up to know. We should actually use discernment on whether a person has good or bad intentions.

Judging someone on their clothes/appearance and then placing them into a category/genre is petty and poor form in my opinion and it only outlines those that do this as completely insecure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amused)
    We really shouldn't judge at all but I know it's human nature to judge based on what we have been brought up to know. We should actually use discernment on whether a person has good or bad intentions.

Judging someone on their clothes/appearance and then placing them into a category/genre is petty and poor form in my opinion and it only outlines those that do this as completely insecure.
    How people present themselves is a big part of their personality. It's a completely fair judge of character.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Nope. Thin girls with leggings are a godsend. Fat girls with leggings are misguided.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously though, you shouldn't pass judgement on someone's character like that simply through their clothing.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    How people present themselves is a big part of their personality. It's a completely fair judge of character.
    Presenting oneself to begin with without a word makes you stereotype based on upbringing and what one gets taught from infancy up, judging ones character usually happens after a short period of time getting to know someone.

e.g. A bikie with tatts and beard dressed in studded leathers looks pretty intimidating to most people and most would instantly conclude that they were up to no good and stereotype 'based on upbringing/heresay etc'. But what you'll find is most bikies are actually good guys once you get to know them, who are business minded, spouse, kids and family. Just that they prefer to dress that way.

It is after a very short period of time getting to know that person that your 'judge of character' gets altered rather than relying often incorrect stereotypical generalizations.

ReputationRep:
    Presenting oneself to begin with without a word makes you stereotype based on upbringing and what one gets taught from infancy up, judging ones character usually happens after a short period of time getting to know someone.

e.g. A bikie with tatts and beard dressed in studded leathers looks pretty intimidating to most people and most would instantly conclude that they were up to no good and stereotype 'based on upbringing/heresay etc'. But what you'll find is most bikies are actually good guys once you get to know them, who are business minded, spouse, kids and family. Just that they prefer to dress that way.

It is after a very short period of time getting to know that person that your 'judge of character' gets altered rather than relying often incorrect stereotypical generalizations.
    Stereotypes exist for a reason. Bug regardless, using your example, I could tell he likes bikes, doesn't like shaving (who does tho), likes tattoos, etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stereotypes exist for a reason. Bug regardless, using your example, I could tell he likes bikes, doesn't like shaving (who does tho), likes tattoos, etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well for me, I would rather use discernment (caution) rather than stereotype.

In other words "I don't know who this person is" (discernment) rather than "He/She's dresses like a bikie so they must be criminals" (stereotyping). There is a difference depending on how you want to view a person.

ReputationRep:
    Well for me, I would rather use discernment (caution) rather than stereotype.

In other words "I don't know who this person is" (discernment) rather than "He/She's dresses like a bikie so they must be criminals" (stereotyping). There is a difference depending on how you want to view a person.
    Fair enough.

But a person is often like those around them. It's good to form an initial judgement before you learn more though.

People often present themselves in a better light to hide their wrong doings etc, so better to be cautious anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

But a person is often like those around them. It's good to form an initial judgement before you learn more though.

People often present themselves in a better light to hide their wrong doings etc, so better to be cautious anyway.
    I totally agree. It's human nature to form that initial judgment anyway as you say. It's very hard not to unless you were brought up in a society where race, upbringing and general differences were openly accepted parts of life without prejudice. Very few places like that exist anymore if any.

We spend more time putting a front to gain trust in order to get us higher in society.

Back on topic though, the term 'slutty' is a stereotypical word/term to describe someone who perhaps looks or acts promiscuous in an attempt to appear more attractive to onlookers. It is a broad generalization that girls who wear leggings are slutty no matter what. Which is false.

ReputationRep:
    I wear leggings as pants a lot,mainly because I find them the most comfortable. I wouldn't say it was slutty. However I wouldn't say it was the nicest thing to wear (looks wise) they are more lazy than slutty wear.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.