The Student Room Group

Should european women dress modestly to accommodate other cultures?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Youngmetro
Nope, you just dont have the mental capacity to understand what im saying. All you have done is provide a weak argument, the other dude Luke at least had the brains to understand but you dont. You're just too simple minded, time and time again you prove how much of a blithering idiot you are.
Oh, the irony. It burns!
Original post by Mona-S
Not all the refugees are Muslim. Just because some of these people are stupid doesn't mean you have to generalise all the Muslims.

I didn't.

If you read my post again carefully, you will see that I said "Islam" not "Muslims".

The vast majority (and the Abrahamic ones) of religions are a form of social control, and Islam just happens to be the most dangerous of them.
Reply 102
It's the left who often make the argument that women should dress a certain way to appease Muslim men
Reply 103
Original post by brainhuman
I didn't.

If you read my post again carefully, you will see that I said "Islam" not "Muslims".

The vast majority (and the Abrahamic ones) of religions are a form of social control, and Islam just happens to be the most dangerous of them.

Exactly. Islam is a vile religion but Muslims are lovely beautiful people. Islam on the other hand is a disease, it's worse than cancer, every thing about it is pure evil. But that means we shouldn't not accept Muslims as they unlike Islam are the complete opposite
Reply 104
Original post by Goaded
The question is about whether I should change for other people in my country, not whether I should change for my own safety in their country.

Also have no interest going anywhere besides the UK, so I certainly won't be changing how I dress for anyone.

But in towns with Muslim majorities it's well known for sharia patrols to be present. Out of respect surely you should dress accordingly?
Original post by Copperknickers
The original question is about the UK, but my post was a hypothetical question to you, intended to shed light on your reasoning for your answer to the OP, because I didn't fully understand it. If you don't want to answer it then fair enough, but I am genuinely interested and I think it's very relevant to the topic at hand.

I repeat: when you say 'I'm not changing for anyone' I presume that does not include yourself, and you would change the way you dressed if it were for your own protection?

Yes, I would dress differently, but because I am respectful. I'm not sure what you're not understanding?

Do you agree European women should change how they dress to accommodate other cultures?
Original post by Omen96
But in towns with Muslim majorities it's well known for sharia patrols to be present. Out of respect surely you should dress accordingly?

I would dress accordingly, out of respect. But that is irrelevant to whether I should dress different for them here? Why should I accommodate them here, if they cannot over there?
Reply 107
Original post by Goaded
I would dress accordingly, out of respect. But that is irrelevant to whether I should dress different for them here? Why should I accommodate them here, if they cannot over there?

You should dress different here if they want it. We have to ask ourselves. What is more important, the needs of the Muslim community or the needs of non-religious community (which comes with no needs actually)?
Reply 108
Original post by Goaded
Yes, I would dress differently, but because I am respectful. I'm not sure what you're not understanding?

Do you agree European women should change how they dress to accommodate other cultures?

European women should change. As the Muslim community grows, women should change their dress to something closer to Arab dress. It's not about selfish desires but rather the needs of a religious community.
Reply 109
Original post by brainhuman
I didn't.

Muslims are followers of Islam. You said 'the problem is Islam' and 'its followers (meaning Muslims) are largely unwilling to adapt' which means yes you did generalise.

'Islam just happens to be the most dangerous' - Nope, Islam just happens to be in the media a lot.
Did I blame the victims? No, once again you have wholly ignored my post. Read. If you had noticed, i said i voted NO.

'' The point is, there are migrants who rape and dressing provocatively will only increase likelihood. All women have the right to wear what they want. In this case the sick perverts are totally in the wrong but certainly precautions can be taken. Even if they do get assaulted, its still wholly the migrants fault. other precautions include walking with other people, or in a group, Are you going to say 'Why should they walk with others, they have the right to walk alone!'?''

Interesting, you pick and choose what you reply to and totally ignored my counter argument. How about you quit TSR, we dont need anyone who generalises women as 'whores' you sick misogynist.

I see what you mean. It's like telling vulnerable people in the streets at night to carry pepper spray in the case they get mugged (bad example ik :biggrin:). It's not their fault muggers are around, but precautions should be taken for the sake of the victim.
Original post by champ_mc99
I see what you mean. It's like telling vulnerable people in the streets at night to carry pepper spray in the case they get mugged (bad example ik :biggrin:). It's not their fault muggers are around, but precautions should be taken for the sake of the victim.

Exactly, thats what im saying! Saying its victime blaming is very narrow minded and ignorant, we're not saying this because of the migrants but for the victim
Exactly, thats what im saying! Saying its victime blaming is very narrow minded and ignorant, we're not saying this because of the migrants but for the victim

Ahh well. Some people nitpick your words to make you look bad.
Original post by champ_mc99
Ahh well. Some people nitpick your words to make you look bad.

Yeah, that QE2 guy was quick to jump to my throat without considering my argument. Then again, his anti islam agenda has made him like that, the moment i say that ppl can do more themselves.
Reply 114
Original post by Omen96
Exactly. Islam is a vile religion but Muslims are lovely beautiful people. Islam on the other hand is a disease, it's worse than cancer, every thing about it is pure evil. But that means we shouldn't not accept Muslims as they unlike Islam are the complete opposite

Muslims are followers of Islam, so if Islam was a vile religion then Muslims would be vile people. But as you said 'Muslims are lovely beautiful people' so they must be following a beautiful religion.
Anyone who voted yes should be lined up against a wall and shot. I'm completely serious.
Why a woman should feel like a prisoner just because some men cannot hold their dicks in place? If these men have problems where to put them, I can help them :colone:
Original post by joecphillips
No these other cultures should integrate into the culture where they go if not go back where they came from, I have no problem with migrants who come here and do adapt to the culture they are ok, but these people who feel so self entitled that the majority should adapt to them shouldn't even bother being here

[video="youtube;KPMcMn-kP90"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPMcMn-kP90[/video]
[video="youtube;9bO6dXoQa8Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bO6dXoQa8Y[/video]

Arab TV
Reply 119
No of course not. But I've never heard of a large majority of people suggesting they should in the first place? Sounds to me like some people are trying hard to be offended over nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending