Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you feel safer being treated by a white doctor? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I like ones fluent in English. Sadly not always the case with the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    we

I edited it too late but the reason why i said your opinion was because: "you used the words "I feel culturally" correct me if I am wrong, but that sounded like an opinion to me."

Muslim is not a race or skin colour firstly, where did that come from? and It is reasonable maybe by your experience I guess.

LOL for the last part and is quite sweet.
    Exactly a few ppl are accusing me of being racist but I said Muslim lool

ReputationRep:
    No. Lol do people actually think 'oh hope he/she is white' once they enter a clinic? I really do not care. I only care when I hear the words 'ooops' or 'that wasn't meant to happen' when I'm being treated or attended to...apart from these words/phrases- a doctor is a doctor regardless of race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)

I'm interested to see what you get
    How can I take that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    How can I take that?
    politicalcompass.org/test

ReputationRep:
    I think I know why. Probably because a lot of white can relate to that whereas more traditional communities will laugh it off.
    You errantly called me a deceitful nationalistic xenophobe yesterday and here you are telling us how its ok for patients to pick and choose their doctors on race and making assumptions about ethnic groups

• TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If you see someone who you explained to be in the ER demanding a non pakistani then if their situation is severe and they refuse certain treatment I'd assume you would "insist" that they take who they can??
    I say this to your last sentence as well.
    No, if the patient has capacity to consent and has made an informed choice then that must be respected, as I reiterate, staff have no right to insist that a patient takes any course of treatment. Doctors take an oath to do no harm, and nurses follow a similar code of conduct, but patients have a right to refuse treatment (with exceptions in certain circumstances). I don't have time to explain all of the consent and capacity legislation as I'm logging off shortly, and frankly don't see the point, if you're interested you can look it up very easily online.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a fallacy because it's not a belief. And I'm not mistaken in a Muslim dr in a hijab I had being cold. It is however anecdotal but as I told you don't use words too big for you. You might know the meaning (after you looked on wiki) but you certainly don't know how to apply it.
    You've totally ignored what i said, You're generalising. You're arguing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    You errantly called me a deceitful nationalistic xenophobe yesterday and here you are telling us how its ok for patients to pick and choose their doctors on race and making assumptions about ethnic groups

It's literally not the same thing but I'm glad you remember me. I never said deceitful though, did I? Idk show me where I did.
    And yes I said you were using your worries for the migrants safety as an excuse to not want migrants to come in.
    You never truly clarified whether or not that is the case and I left it alone.
    I dont see how it's relevant to this though lol

the other girl never said she picks and choose anyone
    she said she simply feels more comfortable talking to a white. And as I'm white it's not the same as you saying no to migrants is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    You've totally ignored what i said, You're generalising. You're arguing.
    You keep accusing me ****ging me off, you're not providing anything constructive yourself

ReputationRep:
    You keep accusing me ****ging me off, you're not providing anything constructive yourself
    ironic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    No, if the patient has capacity to consent and has made an informed choice then that must be respected, as I reiterate, staff have no right to insist that a patient takes any course of treatment. Doctors take an oath to do no harm, and nurses follow a similar code of conduct, but patients have a right to refuse treatment (with exceptions in certain circumstances). I don't have time to explain all of the consent and capacity legislation as I'm logging off shortly, and frankly don't see the point, if you're interested you can look it up very easily online.
    What're you talking about? Have you forgotten. I am saying treatment as in a dr attending to them. I doubt it's on any NHS website advising ppl how to deal with their racist preferences with who is available in ER...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    ironic.
    What did I accuse you of and you're dragging this out, we've got that other thread where we can argue
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Waiting times are a joke, I would be happy to see anyone just to get out of pain

ReputationRep:
    It's literally not the same thing but I'm glad you remember me. I never said deceitful though, did I? Idk show me where I did.
    And yes I said you were using your worries for the migrants safety as an excuse to not want migrants to come in.
    You never truly clarified whether or not that is the case and I left it alone.
    I dont see how it's relevant to this though lol

the other girl never said she picks and choose anyone
    she said she simply feels more comfortable talking to a white. And as I'm white it's not the same as you saying no to migrants is it.
    No you didn't say deceitful.. but you did say you dont beleive my stated motives and went on to guess what my true motives are whilst calling me a nationalistic xenophobe -

I stated two concerns of which you never tried to address or argue, you simply, lazily and maliciously decided to reject them and say you dont believe me and you actually think im just a nationalist xenophobe. Anyway enough about that, given that discussion yesterday, your views in this thread are faarr more interesting to me

ReputationRep:
    Exactly a few ppl are accusing me of being racist but I said Muslim lool
    hmm why did you even need to mention Muslim to anyone one? I do not know what your discussing with others as I have not checked.

And yes of course muslim is not a race. But unfortunately people do think it is and think only certain race like those from middle east or other parts of Asia are muslims lol. When muslims can be from any race or background.

ReputationRep:
    Multiculturalism

ReputationRep:
    What did I accuse you of and you're dragging this out, we've got that other thread where we can argue
    You're not providing anything constructive yourself. You ignore what I say and make a point completely irrelevant. So im going to treat you with the same courtesy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    hmm why did you even need to mention Muslim to anyone one?
    The question of the title literally asks that so I provided a specific instance to clarify my preferences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Idc as long as they're hot :sexface:

My GP is a 50 year old
    I think male doctors are at their sexiest when they are working through the night, they just sound more husky and sexier

I say that because I called the NHS line a couple of weeks ago, and a doctor called back and he just sounded really hot (he could have been the most hideous thing on the planet, but in my head he looked hot) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: WOW I need a life!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.