Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Racism. Major UK corporation only accepting job applications from white people. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #_#)
    In my honest opinion, I think people should be recruited based upon their merit, irrespective of their ethnic background.
    Or we could make applicants fight to the death, winner gets the job.

Name:  Ben Jenkins Gladiator Arena.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  50.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImmunetoShaming)
    Oh, wait, no...they are only accepting job applications from black people and ethnic minorities. http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities White people: move to the back of the bus.

The name of the corporation? The BBC.

Here's the message from the BBC: 'black people can only be understood by other black people. The notion that a white person is in any way representative of a black person is ridiculous. Black people are to be defined by their ethnicity, not their individualism.'

Of course, thank you, BBC. You have just legitimised white supremacy. White people: remember, only white people can represent and understand you. From now, just vote and trade white. For every white victory, declare it a victory for yourself - you are your ethnicity, it's how you are defined and it's all that you are.'

It's called progressivism, get with it. It's the way forward.
    How is this legal under British Law? I thought discrimination on the basis of race was outlawed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    How is this legal under British Law? I thought discrimination on the basis of race was outlawed?
    It's called positive discrimination, doesn't just happen with jobs, University applications, school places. Offsted are actually marking down schools if they are all white, or too white. Here's an old link, I was reading another one a few weeks back, so it still goes on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...too-white.html

If you watch television, British sitcoms or TV shows, the hosts/actors are not exactly representative of the demographics. You'd be forgiven for thinking that black people make up more than 2-3% of the population. It seems to have went beyond positive discrimination and into actively trying to promote certain groups through bias media representation rather than through their own accolades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanSoloLuck)
    It's called positive discrimination, doesn't just happen with jobs, University applications, school places. Offsted are actually marking down schools if they are all white, or too white. Here's an old link, I was reading another one a few weeks back, so it still goes on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...too-white.html

If you watch television, British sitcoms or TV shows, the hosts/actors are not exactly representative of the demographics. You'd be forgiven for thinking that black people make up more than 2-3% of the population. It seems to have went beyond positive discrimination and into actively trying to promote certain groups through bias media representation rather than through their own accolades.
    Yes, I knew about covert positive discrimination but to have it allowed openly and blatantly like this is disgusting imho.

What has the demographic composition of a school have to do with it's ability to teach and educate pupils? PC really has done haywire in this country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImmunetoShaming)
    Oh, wait, no...they are only accepting job applications from black people and ethnic minorities.
    All roles advertised through Creative Access are only open to UK nationals from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority.
    Utter hyperbole; please try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Yes, I knew about covert positive discrimination but to have it allowed openly and blatantly like this is disgusting imho.

What has the demographic composition of a school have to do with it's ability to teach and educate pupils? PC really has done haywire in this country
    You'll love this, basically in response to the Trojan Horse scandal, whereby Muslims were literally taking over schools to turn them into makeshift madrasas, ofsted began to mark schools based on a 'British values' system. Part of that means being diverse so as to give children first hand experience of diversity.

The shakeup to promote British values is being used to bash white folks for not being diverse, it's completely bonkers. What's really dangerous is that one of these PC asshats has actually sat down to define 'British values' and you can bet being white and Christian was not something they cared for. I'm pretty sure this has been used a couple of times to my knowledge against Christian schools for being too Christian also.

"In a report, inspectors said the school was “not yet outstanding” because pupils’ cultural development was limited by a “lack of first-hand experience of the diverse make up of modern British society”.The move followed a shake-up of Ofsted inspections introduced in the wake of the “Trojan Horse” plot in Birmingham to impose hard-line Muslim values in state schools.Schools are now told to place fundamental British values at the heart of the timetable including mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.