The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    I think he's being sarcastic.
    I'm such a tool. University will be so fun.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed I was lol.knowing me ill **** it up for the bants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Indeed I was lol.knowing me ill **** it up for the bants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    when you say that do you mean you'll get 99 ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    when you say that do you mean you'll get 99 ums?
    Lol na, i will prob get a B or C. I just started learning the module properly yesterday and the exams next wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol na, i will prob get a B or C. I just started learning the module properly yesterday and the exams next wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You never cease to amaze me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    You never cease to amaze me :lol:
    I always do the bare minimum with something i dnt like haha. Hopefully ill be ok 😂. It only got 2 massive choaters togo. Oh and I havent touched D1-2 either 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always do the bare minimum with something i dnt like haha. Hopefully ill be ok 😂. It only got 2 massive choaters togo. Oh and I havent touched D1-2 either 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    D1 is piss prob D2 the same

ReputationRep:
    Fears grow for missing Cambridge University student, 21

http://dailym.ai/24052dY
    Sad, hope he is found.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fears grow for missing Cambridge University student, 21

http://dailym.ai/24052dY
    Sad, hope he is found.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's awful. I hope he's found safe

I got an email saying I'll get a pack of work next month (work that, if I get in, I'll be tested on in freshers week)

Not even confirmed that I'm going there and I can feel the high workload radiating from there!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hold the door...ho the door...hodor...
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I got an email saying I'll get a pack of work next month (work that, if I get in, I'll be tested on in freshers week)

Not even confirmed that I'm going there and I can feel the high workload radiating from there!
    That sounds so cool ngl

That sounds so cool ngl
    It's around two weeks worth of work. Knowing me, I'll probably start it after results day if meet my offer lol.

I was expecting a completely workfree summer but I guess that won't be the case!

ReputationRep:

Those Saturday lectures tho :afraid:

(Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    Those Saturday lectures tho :afraid:
    Ikr... Goodbye Saturday morning lie ins..

Should've chosen History of Art :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    It's around two weeks worth of work. Knowing me, I'll probably start it after results day if meet my offer lol.

I was expecting a completely workfree summer but I guess that won't be the case!
    I think everybody would; imagine doing it before results day and then not getting in... :afraid: there's plenty of time before results day and getting there anywho.

Really? Literally every mathmo I know has plans to self-teach part IA of the tripos during the summer. :rofl:

I think everybody would; imagine doing it before results day and then not getting in... :afraid: there's plenty of time before results day and getting there anywho.

Really? Literally every mathmo I know has plans to self-teach part IA of the tripos during the summer. :rofl:
    Christ...

You guys need to calm down! :lol:

Just messing! No doubt the work will be difficult when you get there and it's good to have some prior knowledge :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Christ...

You guys need to calm down! :lol:

Just messing! No doubt the work will be difficult when you get there and it's good to have some prior knowledge :yes:
    Ooh, does your college have geek week? Some stalking through old TSR threads reveal that a few colleges (and I think Newnham was there as well) invite their science/maths students up a week earlier than all the rest for a week of geeking about and preliminary lectures and stuffz, I don't know much about it, just the little I've read about on TSR. :excited:

King's doesn't do it, I think. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I think everybody would; imagine doing it before results day and then not getting in...
    My life summed up - this is exactly the sort of thing I would do :ashamed2:

Ooh, does your college have geek week? Some stalking through old TSR threads reveal that a few colleges (and I think Newnham was there as well) invite their science/maths students up a week earlier than all the rest for a week of geeking about and preliminary lectures and stuffz, I don't know much about it, just the little I've read about on TSR. :excited:

King's doesn't do it, I think. :indiff:
    I don't really know I'll see if I get in

It'd be nice to do that though! Get to know people on your course etc :yes:

You can arrive there early and have a geek week anyway!

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.