The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS Monday 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Do u lose a mark on the pie chart if u dint put the percentage in it and the tittle. I wrote it out in the margins ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Salimo_1234
Do u lose a mark on the pie chart if u dint put the percentage in it and the tittle. I wrote it out in the margins ?

I think i lost about 13 marks because i did the pie chart /100 i COMPLETELY forgot and then i did the percentages on the next question wrong so i did all the conclusions for the data wrong too! :frown:
Original post by claudiamendes
I think i lost about 13 marks because i did the pie chart /100 i COMPLETELY forgot and then i did the percentages on the next question wrong so i did all the conclusions for the data wrong too! :frown:

Don't worry that up too, try to smash the core studies exam and it will be fine :smile: And yeah I wasn't sure what to put for the conclusions
Original post by GradeF
Yeah they did the resit i think

We did the new spec. How did you find it? the format of questions was different to the speciment paper (they included those 6 markers). I found section A fine with some concerns about the criterion/construct vailidty question and also the 'where do the calculations go : discussion, results, abstract, appendicies'.

The section B is ok but i hated the fact they chose the old people and loneliness because i felt like there wasnt much i could say.

Section c was easy apart from drawing the piechart where we had to do it free hand and also the question about '2 conclusions from the corridor study'

I agree with basiaclly everything u said about the exam, some of the mulitiple choice were a bit meh and some of the 6 markers were so vaugue to get the marks and ithink thats why people thought they did well, a lot of people are like omg it was so easy, but its only cuz it was vauge haha, i recon grade boudnaies may be harsh tho
Original post by Salimo_1234

I dont know, i wrote title and worked out the percentages tho
Original post by schoolgirl1
Don't worry that up too, try to smash the core studies exam and it will be fine :smile: And yeah I wasn't sure what to put for the conclusions

It was correct to do the pie chart out of 100% thats how u do percentages haha for example the most common group was 40%, the avoiding eye contact
Original post by Tricks111
I did this paper! It was independent measure apparently, I put repeated :frown: also messed up the iv and DV, but at least the questioned as s and w of labs if it had been the design I chose I would of messed that up too!! I hope a lot of other people messed this up too or I'll be getting a poor grade :frown:

is this the new spec?
Original post by clairebear101
It was correct to do the pie chart out of 100% thats how u do percentages haha for example the most common group was 40%, the avoiding eye contact

Wait so I did it right? I thought it was to work out like each section of the pie chart and you needed to do /360 like other people were saying.. but I can't remember what the question said now. Did it say to work out the percentages of each of the pie chart? The problem is, I completely forgot to write the percentages in :frown: so anyway I would have lost marks.
Reply 108
The answer was results

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you would do for each one the number divided by the total which i think was 200 then you would have to times by 360 to get the degrees of the circle but I messed up and did it x100
Original post by Rtdsv
The answer was results

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently the calculations are found in the appendices
I agree with basiaclly everything u said about the exam, some of the mulitiple choice were a bit meh and some of the 6 markers were so vaugue to get the marks and ithink thats why people thought they did well, a lot of people are like omg it was so easy, but its only cuz it was vauge haha, i recon grade boudnaies may be harsh tho

Which ones did you think were vague? :smile:

Yeah I agree with you, like especially Section B, there wasn't much to say on the context so therefore you couldn't really elaborate and link bac to context :frown:(
Wait so I did it right? I thought it was to work out like each section of the pie chart and you needed to do /360 like other people were saying.. but I can't remember what the question said now. Did it say to work out the percentages of each of the pie chart? The problem is, I completely forgot to write the percentages in :frown: so anyway I would have lost marks.

you had to do each group/200 beacuse there was 200 observations thia gave u percetnages to roughly sketch a pie chart with. So forth the first group on avoiding eye contact was about 40% I dont even think u needed to do that tho, i think just roughly sketching the data in would have been fine too

I thought the 12 marker was fine. It was the 6 marker evaluate ones, how much did u guys write? i wrote one advantage and on disadvanteg then a conclusive sentense
I think you would do for each one the number divided by the total which i think was 200 then you would have to times by 360 to get the degrees of the circle but I messed up and did it x100

100 is correcr!! you DID NOTt need to work out degrees of a cirlce as it was a sketch. x100 gave u percentages that u can use to roughly sketch a cirlce with :smile:
100 is correcr!! you DID NOTt need to work out degrees of a cirlce as it was a sketch. x100 gave u percentages that u can use to roughly sketch a cirlce with :smile:

Did we need to label them with the percentages? because I completely forgot and only labelled them with the names :/
Did we need to label them with the percentages? because I completely forgot and only labelled them with the names :/

I did both but names should be fine but as if i know, justguessing

Really omg I hope so!! I heard a lot of people saying that you would need to x360 but now that I think about it, you wouldn't have been able to do the degrees without a protractor anyway and you didn't need one since it was a sketch so hopefully that's right!
I thought the 12 marker was fine. It was the 6 marker evaluate ones, how much did u guys write? i wrote one advantage and on disadvanteg then a conclusive sentense

Yeah for all the six marker ones I would do one advantage then I would say why this would be good and then I would link it with context then a disadvantage then why this would be bad then context. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending