Cheers
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Billsonbubbles)
    SN

Gluons between quarks and pions between hadrons ( which is what you see on the feynman diagrams)
    Which pion is exchanged? pion+, pion- or pion 0 ? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CourtlyCanter)
    Which pion is exchanged? pion+, pion- or pion 0 ? Thanks!

Usually you have to mention this exchange particle on a diagram... it is depending on what diagram you have

i.e if you have the proton coming in and the neutron going out ,,, you need a Pi plus ... are you okay with the usual Feynman diagrams ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone here is the AQA style paper ( for unit 1 ... but it might not be so similar as the end of it was rushed)
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc AQA AS Physics A Practice exam.doc (30.0 KB, 80 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exams987)
    thanks
    Hi mate ,

Here is the video link to going through the spec =}
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO880oYUdV4d

I have attached the paper that I created
    Attached Files
  2. File Type: doc AQA AS Physics A Practice exam.doc (30.0 KB, 97 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate ,

Here is the video link to going through the spec =}
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO880oYUdV4d

I have attached the paper that I created
    thank you very much for your time and effort trying to help us out.

i watched the video and it was good.

ReputationRep:
    thank you very much for your time and effort trying to help us out.

i watched the video and it was good.
    Don't worry it is fine I love helping people out , I have the exam tomorrow too .. so it benefits everyone ... but you are more than welcome.... as long as people want the help there is no reason to stop it.

Good luck for tomorrow !

Thanks for watching... sorry about the quality of the video by the way ...one of the most helpful videos I did , had to be done just as my camera broke aha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Usually you have to mention this exchange particle on a diagram... it is depending on what diagram you have

i.e if you have the proton coming in and the neutron going out ,,, you need a Pi plus ... are you okay with the usual Feynman diagrams ?
    Yes I am okay with the ones about WNF and Electromagnetic force. However I haven't really seen any based specifically on SNF where we have to specify the exchange particle involved?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry it is fine I love helping people out , I have the exam tomorrow too .. so it benefits everyone ... but you are more than welcome.... as long as people want the help there is no reason to stop it.

Good luck for tomorrow !

Thanks for watching... sorry about the quality of the video by the way ...one of the most helpful videos I did , had to be done just as my camera broke aha
    thanks , and good luck with the exam tomorrow.

i hope we all achieve the grades we want
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    thanks , and good luck with the exam tomorrow.

i hope we all achieve the grades we want
    Given that pretty much everyone who's sitting this paper is doing it as a re-sit, do you think the grade boundaries for this year's paper will be higher than normal?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    Given that pretty much everyone who's sitting this paper is doing it as a re-sit, do you think the grade boundaries for this year's paper will be higher than normal?
    im to confused about this, surely it wouldnt be fair since everyone doing this paper will be doing pretty well for the grade boundaries just to depend on this paper, so it will be higher.

ReputationRep:
    well , we still wouldn't know. it really depends on how difficult the paper tomorrow is and also how the overall average performs in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it tbh, it will be the same as usual, where grade boundaries are only affected by how difficult the paper is. This is because, in my opinion, doing A2 physics hasn't acually helped a massive bunch for this unit so in other words having done A2 physics holds little advantage for this exam

Having said that they might make the paper more difficult because of this. But last years paper was already pretty difficult and I've never really seen two difficult papers issued in a row...Who knows!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am okay with the ones about WNF and Electromagnetic force. However I haven't really seen any based specifically on SNF where we have to specify the exchange particle involved?

No I dont think I have, but I mean you dont have to listen to me aha .. but I am just trying to prepare for anything they could throw at us.

Good luck for tomorrow ... P.s I do think the boundaries could be high, but as everyone is doing it as a resit I would expect A very hard paper ..., as my AS economics re sit was and that was only A2 people doing that...]

though saying that we are all a year better at physics.. so it should not be too bad .. sorry if I made you worry.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    Doubt it tbh, it will be the same as usual, where grade boundaries are only affected by how difficult the paper is. This is because, in my opinion, doing A2 physics hasn't acually helped a massive bunch for this unit so in other words having done A2 physics holds little advantage for this examHaving said that they might make the paper more difficult because of this. But last years paper was already pretty difficult and I've never really seen two difficult papers issued in a row...Who knows!
    Thing is most people who have chosen to or at least were allowed/able to carry onto A2 Physics shouldn't be too bad at Physics in general. Under normal circumstances, we would have some less-able Yr12 candidates who kinda bump everyone up just a little and those would be the ones who may choose not to carry onto A2. This year that 'buffering' is gone as no Yr 12, able or not, would be doing it with us.

No I dont think I have, but I mean you dont have to listen to me aha .. but I am just trying to prepare for anything they could throw at us.

Good luck for tomorrow ... P.s I do think the boundaries could be high, but as everyone is doing it as a resit I would expect A very hard paper ..., as my AS economics re sit was and that was only A2 people doing that...]

though saying that we are all a year better at physics.. so it should not be too bad .. sorry if I made you worry.
    Thanks! I sure hope this paper will be relatively easy. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Thing is most people who have chosen to or at least were allowed/able to carry onto A2 Physics shouldn't be too bad at Physics in general. Under normal circumstances, we would have some less-able Yr12 candidates who kinda bump everyone up just a little and those would be the ones who may choose not to carry onto A2. This year that 'buffering' is gone as no Yr 12, able or not, would be doing it with us.
    Yeah that's true. If that's the case then I'd expect some pretty high boundaries because PHYA1 can't be that difficult because it's an AS unit regardless, at least not like the A2 units can be

ReputationRep:
    https://quizlet.com/140227597/phya1-flash-cards/
    A little something I've been working on. Since most of the questions are often repeated, here's some of the questions and the mark scheme I've composed since 3 days ago. Hope you guys will find this useful

ReputationRep:
    symbol for a variable dc power supply, is it just a cell with a arrow on top? like a variable resistor

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for tomorrow everyone !... P.s thank you to everyone who has watched and subscribed to my channel .. it makes me feel like it is worthwhile

Hope the paper is not to bad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.