• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    O **** thanks for telling me :rofl:
    Edited

Oh that's nice dear, I like how the economy works there, and how (with a good degree) they respect you more there, no taxes, plus I've got connections and a lot of family there.
    I was about to say! I fancy myself moving to Sweden personally.

ReputationRep:
    I don't ever see myself moving from my town let alone Scotland but I would love to live in Reykjavik

ReputationRep:
    I am actually planning to move to California after my degree. Not exactly sure if that Is going to happen though, it's quite difficult.

In fact, I will be living there for a year to work between my degree, so I would know if I definitely want to move there permanently or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizuz)
    Haha, true! I hope we don't leave the EU! Which European country would you most likely settle in then?
    Switzerland is the goal with Germany close second

(Original post by serah.exe)
    No, I'm already gonna apply to universities in Holland, and I'm planning on working/living in either Holland or Dubai.
    Enjoy the 52% income tax

ReputationRep:
    Well I moved to Lisbon, Portugal in September 2013 to teach English with the idea of staying just a year. It has now been 2 & 1/2 years and I high doubt I will move back to the UK.

Yes the first few months are difficult but exciting too. However life is so different and interesting abroad you go back to the UK and you find absolutely nothing has changed and everything seems exactly you left it. Your friends have only a few stories to tell while you have hundreds and you find you get bored easily. Not to mention the weat depresses you.

I think the reason is that you join more of an expat community where everyone has lived exciting lives and you find yourself doing more in one weekend than you would in a month in the UK.

Plus now I am settled her. I have a Portuguese boyfriend who I share a 2 bed flat with and his family has practically adopted me. I love my job, the city, my life and my friends... so why woulf I want to change that?
    I know it is different for me as I was born abroad, lived my first 7 years abroad and only a few ties to the UK as my parents live abroad now too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen96)
    It's going in the same direction
    I hope not

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I've been imagining my big move to Australia for a long time now lol (not being sarcastic)

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to move to Hong Kong once I've got a degree. Truth be told, I've always felt more at home in Hong Kong than in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Yes if it's a alright/decent place in London then after a few years settled there it would be good to visit somewhere like America although living there alone will be scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2016
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.