Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Government to introduce Sharia compliant student loans for Muslims Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    Our skins colour is changing, maybe in next 200 years we will have more Chinese/Asian looking kids, you know why, because it's choice, because white guys and girls will marry them, and it's these kids right to live in the UK and carry name british proudly. We cannot stand up and riot that, UK is changing, it's becoming more Asian, where is blond kids with blue eyes, can we?
    As far as I know, Chinese don't ask for special laws and rules. That's the difference. Muslims in the West keep asking for a special treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    You are kidding right? most ISOC's are full of intolerance and hatred for anything 'not Islamic' (inf act I think a fair few terrorists and ISIS fighters at one time or another belonged to a uni ISOC.)

Problem is until Muslims mix with the wider communities this will always be an issue,
    The guy who blew his wang off trying to blow up a jumbo jet was president of the UCL ISoc lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    The guy who blew his wang off trying to blow up a jumbo jet was president of the UCL ISoc lol

Yep and there are others

kind of negates the argument education prevents extremism (when they still practice isolationism within their ISOC's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King7)
    Oh, you mean MUSLIM? Oh, bless. Its pronunced Muslim, like Muslim. Not Moslem, Muzlim, Mozlem. 😂
    Since when has spelling in English been consistent with pronunciation? Do you pronounce "London" as it is spelt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    They should move if they cannot accept non-sharia law. They are not part of the country if they want sharia law, or parts of it, implemented. Not in my eyes anyway.
    PRSOM.

Being a Briton means integrating and protecting the indigenous culture and way of life. Those who don't, whether second gen, third gen, etc, are not.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why they don't do this with "normal" student loans, considering these halal loans will be available to everyone anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    I don't understand why they don't do this with "normal" student loans, considering these halal loans will be available to everyone anyway?
    Because they are the same expect they lie about the way the interest is collected to make Muslims feel better about themselves

Oh and all students have to foot the cost for this
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Josb)
    As far as I know, Chinese don't ask for special laws and rules. That's the difference. Muslims in the West keep asking for a special treatment.
    Jews are asking for Kosher meat, vegetaria's are asking for vegetarian menus, Indian people are walking around the in their cultural dresses, Sikh people wearing their turbans, gays want to be able to get legally married.

Ladies are asking not to wear high heels on reception (I used to wear short sleeves and skirt (with think skin colour tights) with heels, and aircon not working (was below government legal temperature), where guys were wearing long sleeves, jacket and trousers, when I asked it to be fixed, manager shouted to receptionist majority guys and asked if they are cold, obviously they said no (I wouldnt be cold in the same outfit either), manager turned to me and said "it's how it's deal with it or leave", manager was white british person.

We are humans, we have preferences, it's ok to ask things, ask more and more and more.....

because every single individual want to leave their lives to the fullest, to have as much as they want from life, from government, form society.

Not many people accepted gay marriages years back when there were limited number of immigrants/muslims in the UK, some brits still don't accept it, does it stop the law? These people couldn't do anything, preserve "their british culture".

I do know you don't like some Islamic teachings, and some things that it promotes, me neither, but nothing will stop the change.

The only way I (personally) see out is education, and I guess by naming this new student type loan "halal" instead of "British choice loan" the government is on the right track too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Because they are the same expect they lie about the way the interest is collected to make Muslims feel better about themselves

Oh and all students have to foot the cost for this
    Riiight it's the evil Muslims' fault, as usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King7)
    Oh, you mean MUSLIM? Oh, bless. Its pronunced Muslim, like Muslim. Not Moslem, Muzlim, Mozlem. 😂
    Nah, I'll keep using moslem. As the dictionary says, it's an arhaic term but then again I'm a bit old fashioned myself. So yeah, moslem. Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    PRSOM.

Being a Briton means integrating and protecting the indigenous culture and way of life. Those who don't, whether second gen, third gen, etc, are not.
    This is ridiculous. Higher education used to be free and tuition fees can change any time. This has nothing to do with "integration". Every British, non-Muslim student I've spoken to has complained about the tuition fees and interest charged. So enough with this, it's getting old now.

Paying tuition fees = British culture and way of life? Okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I will not accept Muslims as long as they hate gays and Jews, and consider women as inferior beings. Deal with it.
    You shouldn't accept any other group of people then. You think those things are unique to Muslims? There are British people who still don't accept homosexuals, who discriminate against Jews, and are misogynists.

ReputationRep:
    Riiight it's the evil Muslims' fault, as usual.
    given this is for muslims

Yes (but not 'evil' just constant demands for special treatment to the determent of others)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    Jews are asking for Kosher meat, vegetaria's are asking for vegetarian menus, Indian people are walking around the in their cultural dresses, Sikh people wearing their turbans, gays want to be able to get legally married.

Ladies are asking not to wear high heels on reception (I used to wear short sleeves and skirt (with think skin colour tights) with heels, and aircon not working (was below government legal temperature), where guys were wearing long sleeves, jacket and trousers, when I asked it to be fixed, manager shouted to receptionist majority guys and asked if they are cold, obviously they said no (I wouldnt be cold in the same outfit either), manager turned to me and said "it's how it's deal with it or leave", manager was white british person.
    None of these groups wants to change the law to fit religious beliefs.

(Original post by lNurl)

I do know you don't like some Islamic teachings, and some things that it promotes, me neither, but nothing will stop the change.
    You're saying that as if we couldn't do anything against religion. We got rid of the pernicious influence of Christianity in western Europe. I don't want the law to bend over another sick religion.

(Original post by lNurl)
    The only way I (personally) see out is education, and I guess by naming this new student type loan "halal" instead of "British choice loan" the government is on the right track too.
    So you mean that Muslims are so stupid that you just have to put 'halal' on something to get them? They can't see it by themselves?

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't accept any other group of people then. You think those things are unique to Muslims? There are British people who still don't accept homosexuals, who discriminate against Jews, and are misogynists.
    I don't accept any people that holds these views. It's just that they seem more prevalent among Muslims.

I'd like to make an citizenship test, where the applicant would have to shake the hand of a gay, a Jew and a woman. Anybody refusing to do so would be denied naturalisation - non-Muslim people included.

(Original post by shahanne)
    lol u guys are all so islamophobic and stupid
    seriously get over yerselves
    its just the government trying to be more inclusive of others. including others doesnt mean u will be excluded
    after WWII people from the commonwealth were manipulated into coming to this country to 'rebuild' britain so if you are going to blame someone for this multiculturalism, guess whose fault it is?
    - Shahanne's older sister x
    Oh, really? How were they manipulated? They helped us with a labour shortage, no doubt, but 'manipulated?' Perhaps you should hold back on accusing others of stupidity while you continue to be an example of it yourself.

(Original post by shahanne)
    why are you on the student room then? i thought this website was for British students
    That's the predominant demographic, yes. But there's nothing in the rules against non-British non-students joining. For someone whining about inclusion, you seem oddly opposed to it when it inconveniences you.

Also regardless if you want to, in most British schools it is compulsory to take a subject such as RS/Global Studies/Citizenship so you can learn more about society and other faiths etc. so you don;t end up like the ignoramus you are.

You probably would've benefited from it
    Having a GCSE in RS in no way qualifies or disqualifies anyone from speaking about society and religion - I can only assume that you're a GCSE student with an unrealistic view of the rigour of GCSEs if you're making such a big deal of this.

Also, just for the record: Josb is more educated than you're ever likely to be, so you're in no position to talk down to him. Just some advice, to save you further self-inflicted embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I don't accept any people that holds these views. It's just that they seem more prevalent among Muslims.

I'd like to make an citizenship test, where the applicant would have to shake the hand of a gay, a Jew and a woman. Anybody refusing to do so would be denied naturalisation - non-Muslim people included.
    Even Hitler would shake hands with a Jew if he had to.

Every British, non-Muslim student I've spoken to has complained about the tuition fees and interest charged.
    As you well know, their complaints about tuition fee loans and the interest charged on them have to do with the fact that it's more money that they will have to pay back, should they earn over the threshold. Their objection is not a moral one to interest, so let's not pretend that there's any equivalence between the two. You know there isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Can't think of any Muslim countries that offer non Muslims interest free loans.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.