Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickisams2012)
    I have an unconditional offer 😀😘
    OMG WELL DONE !! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloooo46)
    I know i know!! id have to sit an interview and two tests though
    Its the 20th of july and no, it hasnt gone through UCAS - I was invited through their own personal application portal - so nervous!

good luck today 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloooo46)
    OMG WELL DONE !! x
    how did u get on with ur interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Do you know which one you'll choose yet?

I've got the offer for Kings now too but for the BSc Adults.

I'm so nervous about going into it, apart from the obvious financial worries coming into the course with a first degree already and from a full time salaried job, it's a big leap.

Anyone else feeling like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess_cw)
    Well done! Do you know which one you'll choose yet?

I've got the offer for Kings now too but for the BSc Adults.

I'm so nervous about going into it, apart from the obvious financial worries coming into the course with a first degree already and from a full time salaried job, it's a big leap.

Anyone else feeling like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got those concerns. I don't know how I'll cope going back to living on such little again. I know it's possible because of doing my first degree, but I'm still very scared - rent/the cost of living generally has gone up so much since then, and I've adjusted to a less restrictive lifestyle, hardly well off (only earn around £13k before tax), but I struggle now so the idea of living on way less than half of that for 3 years is very scary...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP0506)
    I've got those concerns. I don't know how I'll cope going back to living on such little again. I know it's possible because of doing my first degree, but I'm still very scared - rent/the cost of living generally has gone up so much since then, and I've adjusted to a less restrictive lifestyle, hardly well off (only earn around £13k before tax), but I struggle now so the idea of living on way less than half of that for 3 years is very scary...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was on the same. And I have 2 children. Bursery is approx half my old wage. It is difficult and now it's coming up to Christmas I'm starting to flap abit but it's 3 years vs the rest of your life. Youl bet through it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerceus)
    Hi, thanks and congrats with your offer too. I was just wondering how come you did not apply for the 2 year course when you already have a degree? I think I will choose King's - it was a tough decision because I can only put down one uni on UCAS Track.

I'm worried about finances too. Living and travelling in London would be so expensive. The bursary doesn't really help much, and I have already used up my savings from work. I might apply for a part-time job whilst at uni maybe as a NA/HCA.

I originally did apply for it at Kings but as I have no health care related experience I couldn't fulfil their APL requirements for the PgDip but as they had space still on the bachelors I asked to be transferred to that course. Yeah I know what you mean about the tough choice, I also had an offer but for children's at LSBU on their PgDip but I prefer the course at Kings and it is a bit down to money as I can receive more loan on the bachelors.

Yeh I stupidly haven't saved anything this past year I still live with parents luckily though they can't really help me out financially apart from the living at home bit so I will have to get part time work eventually, the HCA/NA stuff looks ideal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at worcester and coventry university. Does anyone know what they're like or if there are tests or group activites at either of those?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.