The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I forgot to put the key in the stem and leaf diagram for GCSE statistics :s-smilie:
Original post by mariam687
ikik :frown:

damn, a* wdwd :smile:

anywhoo, im off to beddd, my eyelids keep falling down lmaoo

gnightttttttttt :smile:

yes goodnight...
An arithmetical error in M2 cost me 100% (in terms of UMS) in A-level Maths :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't make mistakes. :colonhash:

Well in C2 I forgot to note that 0 was a solution to a quadratic before dividing through by x. I got 87/100 in that exam and my Maths A Level consequently ended up at 587/600, haunting.

Original post by Indeterminate
An arithmetical error in M2 cost me 100% (in terms of UMS) in A-level Maths :frown:

Way you've written that sounds like it could have cost you all the marks
Would've been some arithmetical error
Reply 104
Question bio edexcel igcse. Looked at the diagrams for a natural selection question the wrong way round so did the whole question the opposite way. Lost 5 marks
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I don't make mistakes. :colonhash:

Well in C2 I forgot to note that 0 was a solution to a quadratic before dividing through by x. I got 87/100 in that exam and my Maths A Level consequently ended up at 587/600, haunting.

Way you've written that sounds like it could have cost you all the marks
Would've been some arithmetical error

Haha sorry :colondollar:

But it cost me 2 UMS when I was hoping for a clean sweep :cry2:
Original post by Indeterminate
Haha sorry :colondollar:

But it cost me 2 UMS when I was hoping for a clean sweep :cry2:

better than my 13 lol
I also had similar situations with further maths; in S3 I misread questions to drop 4 UMS and then in FP3 I spent too long doubting an answer and ran out of time to drop 5, and those were all my lost UMS for the A Level, so unnecessarily parted with..
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
better than my 13 lol
I also had similar situations with further maths; in S3 I misread questions to drop 4 UMS and then in FP3 I spent too long doubting an answer and ran out of time to drop 5, and those were all my lost UMS for the A Level, so unnecessarily parted with..

^Yep. 1200 was there for the taking and we were so
careless to fall short :redface:
-For my mock chemistry exam I failed to answer a 20 mark question as I somehow got the impression that only one of the last 2 questions was to be done. Ended up with 76 :frown: and the worst thing, my teacher never believed I had forgotten it...but that I somehow done well in the rest of the paper but knew nothing about a major part of the syllabus.

-Second dumbest mistake - allowing someone to cheat off me and getting caught.
For my AS Use of Maths Algebra exam every paper usually has 4 questions, so 4 pages. After we did the exam and the class was talking about what questions came up, they mentioned question 4 which surprised me because I didn't remember a question 4.

I had literally forgotten to an entire page of the exam, and to make it worse I had already skipped one other page because I got stuck on one of those multipart questions where you need to answer the first to do the rest.

I got an E for that unit, but I just did the retake today and it went quite well (I hope).
according to me 1x1=2. very annoying since i don't realise that i have made the mistake and expand the brackets all wrong.
Original post by Tropojanja
No joke, i did half a page of working out for a 6 mark question and i got zero for forgetting to divide by two. Honestly.

Anyone have their stories to tell about exam mistakes?

I was being a bit stupid on a multiple choice question, where the options were A, B, C and D. I created a new box called E and wrote none of the above. and then selected that as the answer
Name the "subatomic particles in an atom" (C grade question) and I write about electrons and protons :colone:
Reply 113
Answered all the questions on a paper that said Answer Question 1 and one more question.
Not me but during GCSEs we had to "Answer one of the questions for this paper" I.e 1a+b+c+d or 2a+b+c+d etc... A girl decided to answer only 2b and spent the rest of the hour twiddling her thumbs like she was amazing and wondering why people were still writing!
when your answer is 3.45

but they say to one d. p.
3 times 3 is 6.

I kicked myself when I realised. :mad:
In a reading exam, the options were 'P', 'N' or 'P/N'.
Somehow, the whole way through that question I was answering everything in terms of 'T', 'F' or 'T/F' :colonhash:
When I did my physics GCSE exam, one of the questions asked something like, 'What evidence shows there is life on other planets?' I literally wrote 'crop circles.'

On my maths A Level last week, a question asked how old a guy called John was. I wrote 18. The previous question asked about his 21st birthday. If he isn't Benjamin Button, then I've got no marks for that question.
Original post by Tropojanja
No joke, i did half a page of working out for a 6 mark question and i got zero for forgetting to divide by two. Honestly.

Anyone have their stories to tell about exam mistakes?

Well, on Friday I crossed out my name on the front of my exam paper (as I didn't do capitals) and so it looked like I couldn't spell my own name to the person who took it in.

Latest