Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Shad4w)
    But what if it's already been rebranded? Is it still allowed to talk about?
    Yes, the idea is that you investigate in the following way:
    1. Need to rebrand e.g Crime Rates, Social Deprivation, Environmental Degradation, Drosscape, Spiral of decline (Consider social, environmental and economic decline)

2. Strategies and Players e.g Eden Project, Tim Smit, Liverpool One, Michael Heseltine, London Olympics, Seb Coe, ODA... What are the strategies to solve the need?...

3. Outcome How sucessful was the strategies/rebrand. Has the need to rebrand been resolved?

You can see the specification here: http://hleavey.site/OBBYMk page 44

ReputationRep:
    For rebranding, what would be a case study for the rebrand not being successful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taylab_x)
    For rebranding, what would be a case study for the rebrand not being successful?
    Just look at negatives of rebranding schemes and use that

ReputationRep:
    You could maybe use Detroit? You could perhaps say how they still have a large crime rate and unemployment rate etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone got predictions for tomorrows coasts and rebranding

ReputationRep:
    Doncaster earth centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azim101)
    anyone got predictions for tomorrows coasts and rebranding
    I've got the same exam on Friday... i've looked at past papers, and my predictions are: (don't hold me to this of course)

CROWDED COASTS:
    figure- could be anything haha
    10mk- sustainable coastal management
    15mk- f&r into whether it is a crowded coast/ coastal town in decline

REBRANDING:
    figure- got a feeling it could be to do with reimaging
    10mk- rural rebranding (just seems to be the case in 4 of last 7 years!)
    15mk- f&r for success of urban rebranding schemes
    (2014- analysis +present/ and 2015- results and conclusions) so one would assume....

but knowing edexcel it will be something completely random that I dont have a clue about

Hope this helps, to be honest I'm hoping that crowded coasts fieldwork and research isn't a weird one like conservation/management etc, if it isnt then should be fine!!GOOD LUCK!

This was what another forum post thought, and quite a few people agreed

ReputationRep:
    What case study would you use for sustainable coastal management ???? and for a coastal town in decline

ReputationRep:
    predictions for unequal spaces and extreme weather?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JarodP)
    I've got the same exam on Friday... i've looked at past papers, and my predictions are: (don't hold me to this of course)

CROWDED COASTS:

REBRANDING:
    (2014- analysis +present/ and 2015- results and conclusions) so one would assume....

but knowing edexcel it will be something completely random that I dont have a clue about

Hope this helps, to be honest I'm hoping that crowded coasts fieldwork and research isn't a weird one like conservation/management etc, if it isnt then should be fine!!GOOD LUCK!

yyes SORTED ME OUT WHAT ALEGEND

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JarodP)

CROWDED COASTS:

REBRANDING:

Highly doubt it will be rural rebranding simply because it was last year and it's time for a change since it has come up so many times, agree on everything else

ReputationRep:
    guys! how amazing was that geography paper? we just came out and the questions were honestly much better than the first paper ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoleaa)
    guys! how amazing was that geography paper? we just came out and the questions were honestly much better than the first paper ugh
    I thought unit 1 was pretty good as well tbh, but my class are all saying they didn't do great

so far, im feeling the most confident about geo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grimApocalypse)
    I thought unit 1 was pretty good as well tbh, but my class are all saying they didn't do great

so far, im feeling the most confident about geo
    same here, geography has probably been my favourite set of exams for the as exams. i struggled a bit with unit one because i spent too long deciding what section b to do but whatever!

this paper was a godsend, the last two rebranding questions were honestly so amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoleaa)
    this paper was a godsend, the last two rebranding questions were honestly so amazing
    the second rebranding one was a bit so-so, but hopefully everything's okay come august

ReputationRep:
    For the last rebranding question I put down Cornwall needed rebranding, would that count?

ReputationRep:
    Well... The last question on rebranding places was the hardest one.
    Explain why an urban area needed rebranding or smth like that (10)
    How did you like the data analysis questions guys?
    The rebranding fieldwork methodology question was like a christmas present btw!)
    It went well in general for me) how did you guys like it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImCinimod)
    For the last rebranding question I put down Cornwall needed rebranding, would that count?

depends on what you studied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grimApocalypse)
    depends on what you studied
    I studied Cornwall but it said 'urban' and i'm not sure if Cornwall is urban or rural lol
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ImCinimod)
    I studied Cornwall but it said 'urban' and i'm not sure if Cornwall is urban or rural lol
    It is risky. I would consider most rebranding strategies in Cornwall to be rural

I did Liverpool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.