Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLongGame)
    Damn it I did the calculation question wrong. I just found the difference between the two firgues. Hoping for at least one mark for attempting it.

Did fairly good on the 10 marker and 25 marker.
    i think thats right because index numbers are percentage increases i done the other way but im not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggFriedRai)
    What did people get for the calculation on context 2?
    I got 5.4% or something like that but it was definitely 5. Something. What did you get??

ReputationRep:
    5. something,, think it might've been 5.39 around there, can't remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philjonesss)
    i think thats right because index numbers are percentage increases i done the other way but im not sure
    It's only a direct % increase i.e. the difference between the two years only if its from the base year to the year specified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    It's only a direct % increase i.e. the difference between the two years only if its from the base year to the year specified.
    oh kk so was the anwser for it in the exam 42.42 or close to 2 d.p?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philjonesss)
    oh kk so was the anwser for it in the exam 42.42 or close to 2 d.p?
    -41.42% apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    -41.42% apparently.
    yeah i got that just worried about the index thing so wasnt sure everyone got that by new -original / original

ReputationRep:
    I got 5.39%. What about you???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubberbandit)
    I got 5.39%. What about you???
    what do you thing new spec AS aqa will be

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary predictions out of 70 for an A??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibzy16)
    Tell me how you'd get 10 marks from talking about AD only? There's one point you can make about it, whereas if you talk about AS, you have an additional diagram/more content to write about.
    lool you dont know what you are on about. Please stop trying to be an ***hole to people. You DO NOT need to talk about both AS and AD in the 10 marker.

Diagram of AD shifting left (4 marks)
    2 definitions (2 marks)
    Imports become cheaper and exports becomes expensive (2 marks)
    Components of AD, exports > imports therefore AD decreases (2 marks)
    Lower price level, inflation decreases. (2 marks) (making reference to the diagram)
    Use a quote (application) (2 marks)

ReputationRep:
    yep i got the same, what did everyone talk about for the context 2 10 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaasi)
    lool you dont know what you are on about. Please stop trying to be an ***hole to people. You DO NOT need to talk about both AS and AD in the 10 marker.

Diagram of AD shifting left (4 marks)
    2 definitions (2 marks)
    Imports become cheaper and exports becomes expensive (2 marks)
    Components of AD, exports > imports therefore AD decreases (2 marks)
    Lower price level, inflation decreases. (2 marks) (making reference to the diagram)
    Use a quote (application) (2 marks)
    Unfortunately, I don't think they award 2 marks for definitions for the new spec.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    grade boundary predictions out of 70 for an A??
    It was around 58 last year and I believe this exam was much easier so me and my teacher reckon it's around 61/62 for an A in unit 2 and 63 in unit 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manboobsmatthew)
    It was around 58 last year and I believe this exam was much easier so me and my teacher reckon it's around 61/62 for an A in unit 2 and 63 in unit 1.
    61/62 out of 70 is 88%, it can never be 88% raw marks for 80 ums.
    In fact, 88% raw marks last year i.e. 66/75 would have gotten you 94 ums..
    Therefore, 56/57 out of 70 is likely to be an A.
    62/63 most likely 88-92 ums

ReputationRep:
    It's out of 70, last year was out of 75. So an A will probably be in the region of 52-54.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the MPC question about trend rate compared with annual economic growth? I was unsure but went A (which was in 2013 there was an increase in spare capacity).

ReputationRep:
    How the hell do you lot remember the multiple choice questions? I just remember a few phrases that's it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shafy97)
    How the hell do you lot remember the multiple choice questions? I just remember a few phrases that's it!
    Yeah I know. How do people remember like every single question and like what they put for it, I don't think I can remember one🤘

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE=Manboobsmatthew;65080213]What did everyone get for the MPC question about trend rate compared with annual economic growth? I was unsure but went A (which was in 2013 there was an increase in spare capacity).[/QUOTE]

think I did fall in spare capacity

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.