Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George524)
    Where do you think the 100 UMS boundary will be?
    73-75.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions to the FP1 paper.

Reasonable paper I thought, a few tricky bits
    thanks! harder than any other fp1 paper I've done before, lost 5-7 marks!! :0

ReputationRep:
    think i got 67/75, hopefully can be 90 ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattematics)
    93-95.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattematics)
    93-95.
    75 probably

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, for q 5 I stupidly didnt identify the different of 2 squares so my gradient was incorrect. So I just used to p+q and did all the other steps instead of that initial line of working. Is that all 5 marks gone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    My bad, had UMS in my head :')

73-75.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=CostaMiyagi;64989709]Should be if everyone is finding it hard [/QUOTE

Yep and the problem is that I didn't know how to do the modulus argument question, or else I would have got like 67
    Hope that M1 and M2 will be better! Trying to be positive so I don't have to cry myself to sleep!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didn't read the last question properly and didn't realise the midpoint lied on the positive x axis, I did however get a correct value of x in terms of p for the midpoint which was \frac{10p^2-5}{2p} do you reckon I'll get a mark for this?

ReputationRep:
    Arsey For 7 e about the geometrical relationship. Would it be fine to talk about an enlargement scale factor 2 centre (0,0), followed by a translation (-3,-4).

ReputationRep:
    On the last part of the last question, I found the midpoint of AP in a different form than Arsey. I then found that p was root 2 or - root 2 and wrote that down, and then just subbed in root 2 and ignored - root 2 in my substitution, but i didn't simplify, I just left it plugged in to my midpoint coordinate for x, how many marks will I lose? Considering I wrote down both values of p (only plugging in root 2 though) and then didn't simplify my x value?

ReputationRep:
    Would I lose mark for proving for n>= 2 only? I didn't include 1

ReputationRep:
    Can someone "sticky" this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Can someone "sticky" this thread
    For the second induction, would I lose mark for proving for n>= 2 only? I didn't include 1, as it was already given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahMal)
    Congrats bro. Retake or First Time?
    What do you think🙄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicrazzaq)
    75/75 for me then... As usual
    No need to show off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armpits)
    For the second induction, would I lose mark for proving for n>= 2 only? I didn't include 1, as it was already given
    Only 1, because the u1 given was for the recurrence rule, and you needed it to calculate u2.

If you did u1 and u2 for general rule then you'll be fine- but I think you've only dropped a mark.

ReputationRep:
    As a year 13 student who sat FP1 last year I think this looks quite standard. Questions 1 through 6 look fairly easy. The last part of question 7 was unusual but not too tricky. The inductions were very straightforward, as was question 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NamelessPersona)
    As a year 13 student who sat FP1 last year I think this looks quite standard. Questions 1 through 6 look fairly easy. The last part of question 7 was unusual but not too tricky. The inductions were very straightforward, as was question 9.
    I think that it was overall slightly harder- and I ran into time problems. I just wish we had more time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions to the FP1 paper.

Reasonable paper I thought, a few tricky bits
    No boundary predictions this year?
    :confused:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.