The Student Room Group

My friend is dating a 52 year old guy. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Ambre
Oh yeah soz 😂 Good thing you spotted that

Come to think of it 33 years isn't so bad, especially when she'll be in her twenties
Original post by Kylie Jenner
As mature as an average 19 year old, she is more intelligent than the average 19 year old though in fact she had the best A-levels in our school and UMS wise she easily had 100% in 2 out of the 4 subjects.

But that doesn't prove intelligence in all aspects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
image.jpeg

I regret ever opening my big mouth

Too late there is no going back. You can't undo the harm you caused. Not even on a whim but after careful consideration of your best course of action. In which this poor girl's life was discussed on a message board with total strangers voting as to what happened to her.

And it is not as though, during this bizarre and unpleasant process (I do hope she never reads this thread) you weren't told not to stick your nose into an affair which was non of your business and which you did not understand.

I hope you learn from this. And I hope your "friend" does too and is careful in whom she puts her trust, going forward.
[video="youtube;2RYwCaDgpZY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RYwCaDgpZY[/video]
ooookk
Reply 106
Original post by Lemonsponge
[video="youtube;2RYwCaDgpZY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RYwCaDgpZY[/video]

She can't even call him daddy. Grandpa?
Original post by Josb
She can't even call him daddy. Grandpa?

:puke:
What if she's happy with him?
Reply 109
How old is she?

I mean if she is happy, then who are you to say anything.
As mature as an average 19 year old, she is more intelligent than the average 19 year old though in fact she had the best A-levels in our school and UMS wise she easily had 100% in 2 out of the 4 subjects.

Getting good marks at school doesn't mean you're "street smart". You could get 100% in every exam ever but be useless when it comes to other situations that have nothing to do with education - there are different kinds of intelligence.

She's over 18 and can make her decisions so there's not much you can do. If she's happy, just let her get on with it, but be there for her if anything turns sour.
Reply 111
Tell her. As a friend, if you think what a friend is doing isn't gonna work out or you have a bad feeling about it or whatever, you should talk to them. And I hope this is a troll post bc gurl nahhhhhhhhhh x_x

Original post by iEthan
i just don't know how to react to things anymore

TSR has desensitised me
Original post by the bear
this sounds really weird ? even worse than Prof Shales vs Oregon in Fresh Meat....

[video="youtube;Fw9Ha4L6SQs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw9Ha4L6SQs[/video]

I will never not only see him as Brian from My Parents Are Aliens...
She's 19, not 12. If she desires a 52 year old man then just accept that she's a bit nutty and move on.

It's not your place to intervene given that she is not a child.

Quick Reply

Latest