Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there any point revising for GCSE English Lit 2morrow? If so, how? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJen)
    A bit of both - see my previous posts in this thread
    Ohh thankyouu!!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you re-read the books quickly tonight or re-read the important parts. The amount of poeple that go into the exam having never read the book! Also check out Mr Bruff on youtube, as he has plenty of material on all sorts of the GCSE texts.

ReputationRep:
    I use some crap method, basically this is how i do it for inspector calls,
    P- Point (any point like Eric is immature)
    E- Example (Eva and Mr Birling call him a "boy", "idler", "kid")
    T- Technique (Shows how immature he is and why he is like that, parents "dont understand")
    E- Explain ( Eric feels as if everyone makes fun of him)
    R- Readers/audience response. (This agitates Eric as he doesn't like being called a kid, therefore he forces Eva to have..)
    Then just evaluate

This is for AIC part of the Literature exam for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhannah_b)
    I don't really want to revise for English Lit either but we probably should! I'm just re-reading The Crucible and making further annotations then making a list of the characters and key quotes for them and all about them then I'll do the same for themes. For TKAM I'm just going to make a document full of context and have a look at key scenes.
    Someone else studying The Crucible and TKAM!! I've been focusing more on TKAM because there's more you need to learn... Though i think The Crucible's way harder to analyse :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rheaj44)
    Oh good lord, I'm SO screwed for a-level. On a scale of 1-10, how hard are we talking?
    Its fine if you revise😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10studentlife)
    Its fine if you revise😂
    Considering changing to English lang aha, I'll see how I do in lit GCSE first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rheaj44)
    Considering changing to English lang aha, I'll see how I do in lit GCSE first
    Language is so boring, I like literature its just difficult. But i enjoy it much more in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10studentlife)
    Language is so boring, I like literature its just difficult. But i enjoy it much more in my opinion.
    Yeah I prefer lit too, but I failed my lit paper so bad yesterday and it's making me reconsider...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.