Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I grew up in a small village. I was the oldest in my family. My village was a quite yet interesting village, we kept ourselves to ourselves. My father was the mayor of the village, however my uncle was extremely jealous of my father although I didn't know at the time, he always seemed so nice to me. My uncle tried to get me in trouble with my father, one day he tricked me and my friend into sneaking out of the village and going to a dangerous graveyard, because apparently there was cool stuff there (we were like 8). When me and my friend arrived we were confronted by 3 attackers from the neighbouring village (which wasn't as good as our village). Unknown to us my uncle had set the attackers on us but luckily my dad had decided that the sectary should follow us and he saved us from the attackers.

This is where it gets real sad. My uncle had an evil plot in which he lead me to a remote area and convinced my dad that Ii was in danger. My dad came running over, but my uncle brutally murdered my father in front of my eyes. I was extremely young, my uncle convinced me that it was my fault that my father died and he told me to leave the village and so I did.

I was famished and thirsty where 2 people found me and took me in and looked after me for a while. Later on my friend (same one that came to the graveyard with me) found me and told me that my uncle had taken over the village for the worse and that it was him that killed my father. And so I set off to take my fathers village back. After a long hard fight, my uncle died in a fire from the fight to take back the village. I eventually took it back and now I am the leader of the village.

You have just read the basic plot of The Lion King

ReputationRep:
    I never use a profile pic of myself but rather I have food, quotes, role models and other stuff (my TSR is of my little brother)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DatComicalManiac)

You have just read the basic plot of The Lion King
    I am so glad that I scrolled down too far meaning that this was the first thing I saw..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealLifeBane)
    I never use a profile pic of myself but rather I have food, quotes, role models and other stuff (my TSR is of my little brother)
    That's a lovely thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdaniels2011)
    Hey. I'm new to this forum, Courtney
    Tell me something interesting about yourselves
    I once attended a party with Helen Flanagan.

Your turn

ReputationRep:
    I like walking around the house nude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I once attended a party with Helen Flanagan.

Your turn
    I made a leaflet covering the basics on testicular and breast cancers. They were put up in health clinics all over the borough as well as youth centres. The leaflet contained advice on how to find the symptoms of having either cancer and the next steps you should take.

ReputationRep:
    I made a leaflet covering the basics on testicular and breast cancers. They were put up in health clinics all over the borough as well as youth centres. The leaflet contained advice on how to find the symptoms of having either cancer and the next steps you should take.
    That's pretty cool, worth it if it saves at least one person from cancer

Was this part of a GCSE/ A-Level project?

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty cool, worth it if it saves at least one person from cancer

Was this part of a GCSE/ A-Level project?
    Definitely.
    No, it was a voluntary action. I was part of a youth project with another girl and our theme was raising awareness of something. I decided that making a leaflet for each gender and also making it easy for young people to understand would hopefully raise their awareness and go on to teach those around them so that they can go to the doctors about symptoms as soon as they find them in a comfortable fashion.

Come to think of it, that's quite a nice thing to do, lol

ReputationRep:
    Definitely.
    No, it was a voluntary action. I was part of a youth project with another girl and our theme was raising awareness of something. I decided that making a leaflet for each gender and also making it easy for young people to understand would hopefully raise their awareness and go on to teach those around them so that they can go to the doctors about symptoms as soon as they find them in a comfortable fashion.

Come to think of it, that's quite a nice thing to do, lol
    That's a nice thing to do, I take it you volunteer with youth then? How do you find it? Describe your average day volunteering.

ReputationRep:
    I think this, by far, is my favourite post in this thread.
    I think this funny tbf, but come on C! My comment about your hair is just as good!?

ReputationRep:
    I think this, by far, is my favourite post in this thread.
    Awww!! YAY!! :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripedbox)
    I think this funny tbf, but come on C! My comment about your hair is just as good!?
    She chose me! End of conversation.

ReputationRep:
    That's a nice thing to do, I take it you volunteer with youth then? How do you find it? Describe your average day volunteering.
    I do, but I also have to make time for exams, etc.
    I usually volunteer for two hours on a tuesday with a group of 13-25 year olds with learning disadvantages, disabilities and general SEN. When I first started, I didn't know what to expect because the whole thought of working with this type of group (I don't mean to generalise, sorry), was quite overwhelming for me and I threw myself into it because I knew it would help increase my levels of maturity.
    A couple of weeks down the line, I was chilling with the group of young people (I am 16, too) just like I'd be chilling with my friends.. it is a brilliant experience to work with children and young adults with SEN and I highly recommend it, it teaches you a lot about life and how you shouldn't take what you have for granted and to stay humble.
    Now, my average day volunteering consists of a variety of teens and young adults from different ages screaming at me from one end of a youth centre to another asking me to take part in an activity with them - I love being involved, it has brought me such confidence and happiness. I've become a lot more open-minded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripedbox)
    (Original post by Mona-S)
    Awww!! YAY!! :cookie:
    You guys are equally as awesome
    What a cringe word.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are equally as awesome
    What a cringe word.
    😃😊😄

ReputationRep:
    I met The Weeknd in 2012 & told him he would be a star. I still have the copy of Thursday he signed for me.

ReputationRep:
    I am a gamer there I said it
    Tell me something about yourself

ReputationRep:
    I do, but I also have to make time for exams, etc.
    I usually volunteer for two hours on a tuesday with a group of 13-25 year olds with learning disadvantages, disabilities and general SEN. When I first started, I didn't know what to expect because the whole thought of working with this type of group (I don't mean to generalise, sorry), was quite overwhelming for me and I threw myself into it because I knew it would help increase my levels of maturity.
    A couple of weeks down the line, I was chilling with the group of young people (I am 16, too) just like I'd be chilling with my friends.. it is a brilliant experience to work with children and young adults with SEN and I highly recommend it, it teaches you a lot about life and how you shouldn't take what you have for granted and to stay humble.
    Now, my average day volunteering consists of a variety of teens and young adults from different ages screaming at me from one end of a youth centre to another asking me to take part in an activity with them - I love being involved, it has brought me such confidence and happiness. I've become a lot more open-minded.
    That's so sweet of you. What kind of disabilities to the children have? If you don't mind me asking.
    Persons Value>Disability
    Does it get tiring? It must wear you out..
    Don't overwork yourself, we don't want the 1% of nice people dying on us, do we?

I'm so hard boiled.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'm new to this forum, Courtney
    Tell me something interesting about yourselves
    I'm this girl who she has a life full of excitement (such as action film)
    like when anyone ask me where i come from i don't know the answer because i'm half Palestinian, half Greece, half Jordanian
    my dad is palestinian and my mum she's from greece but i was lived in jordan 12 years.
    which is i have got two nationality jordanian and greece

moreover, i was studied in three contries from reception until year 6 in jordanyear 7 and 8 in UKyear 9 and 10 in Dubaiyear 11 in UK again
    Spoiler:
    Show
    how much is my life interesting:cool::cool::cool:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.