Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If you had £5k spare, what would you do with it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would buy 3000 hot wheels cars and brum them around school with my fwends. the rest would be blown on 'women of the night', if you know what I mean

ReputationRep:
    Go to Uganda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingFTw)
    i7 6820k OC
    [bold]4 Titan Z[bold]
    64 gb RAM
    1000GB SSD
    6TB HDD
    Nice case and fan
    3 38" 4k monitors

Anyone else agree? :P
    Nah m8.
    2 GTX 1080s.
    The SLI scaling would be better.

Anyway im suprised that with all this money talk, noone has pointed out that it is impossible to run 4 Titan Z's

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    all of it for real? thats impressive

what if it was 5000 rep still give it all to charity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Put it towards my wedding and honeymoon
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Put it towards house deposit or wedding.

Congratulations to you both on your engagements!

(Original post by spanker)
    Traveling more.
    Exactly my thoughts too - I'd buy another MGF (they are cheap as chips, convertible, and handle beautifully), ferry crossing to France, then a driving tour of Italy: St Tropez, Monaco, Genoa, Pisa, Rome, Naples, Almalfi coast, then back up thourgh the mountains to Lake Como, Milan, Switzerland and home!

David (Enquiries, Glyndwr University)

ReputationRep:
    thx for the rep and I get the pun, its a forest with shadows img, but how is that relevant to my reply/thread :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDetective01)
    Probably invest in precious metals like gold, silver or even platinum. I don't like holding onto fiat currency
    Volvo currency or at a pinch Seat currency. But not Fiat. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    Pay off my debts and buy a new PC
    Man's got the right idea :five:

Still not enough though...

https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configura...-pc-uk-thebear

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    thx for the rep and I get the pun, its a forest with shadows img, but how is that relevant to my reply/thread :holmes:
    I will remember to not rep first now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glyndŵr University)
    Congratulations to you both on your engagements!

Exactly my thoughts too - I'd buy another MGF (they are cheap as chips, convertible, and handle beautifully), ferry crossing to France, then a driving tour of Italy: St Tropez, Monaco, Genoa, Pisa, Rome, Naples, Almalfi coast, then back up thourgh the mountains to Lake Como, Milan, Switzerland and home!

David (Enquiries, Glyndwr University)
    I thinking more south east Asia, but I guess that works too.

ReputationRep:
    All you saying that you'll give it all to charity are lying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Volvo currency or at a pinch Seat currency. But not Fiat. :nah:
    Nope, definitely not fiat currency since it is absolutely worthless in my hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    All you saying that you'll give it all to charity are lying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I rather give money voluntarily than being forced too (i.e. Taxes )

ReputationRep:
    Deposit that ****, I need every bill and coin I could get.

Or get a quick kebab. Depending on how severe my alcohol levels are.

ReputationRep:
    5k's worth of space raiders

ReputationRep:
    I rather give money voluntarily than being forced too (i.e. Taxes )
    I think it's alot more intuitive giving money to the government to pay for the fact that it underpins and facilitates everything you do over altruism which serves no purpose other than to make you feel better about yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    I think it's alot more intuitive giving money to the government to pay for the fact that it underpins and facilitates everything you do over altruism which serves no purpose other than to make you feel better about yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let me make that decision for myself in what I want to do with with my own money from labour. Is that so hard? It's not my fault that you get your kicks from stealing other peoples money

ReputationRep:
    Next semester's uni fees.

Exciting I know.

ReputationRep:
    Let me make that decision for myself in what I want to do with with my own money from labour. Is that so hard? It's not my fault that you get your kicks from stealing other peoples money
    If people only gave money when they wanted to, we wouldn't be able to have an effective public service. No health service, social service, libraries, police, fire service or education system could run purely on donations.

The poor actually give proportionally more of their income to charity than the rich. Those with little give away what they have to those that have even less.

I really don't give two hoots about stealing your money. Tax isn't stealing. We live in one society. The wealthy should not have a get out clause from contributing their fair share. They are the thieves. Not the poor wanting public services.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    If people only gave money when they wanted to, we wouldn't be able to have an effective public service. No health service, social service, libraries, police, fire service or education system could run purely on donations.

The poor actually give proportionally more of their income to charity than the rich. Those with little give away what they have to those that have even less.

I really don't give two hoots about stealing your money. Tax isn't stealing. We live in one society. The wealthy should not have a get out clause from contributing their fair share. They are the thieves. Not the poor wanting public services.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was I talking about the rich and the poor? Why are you so against people's (I am talking about the individual) right to earn their money from labour and spending on what they want?

You are no different from the elites who run government

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.