?
Report 3 years ago
i put 50mA
Mynamesdyl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think I got around 65-70 marks, any ideas on the sort of grade I would get? Messed up on stationary waves with two open ends I think.
Thanks
Abb97
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mynamesdyl)
I think I got around 65-70 marks, any ideas on the sort of grade I would get? Messed up on stationary waves with two open ends I think.
Thanks
A/B
Brokensteps
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mynamesdyl)
Thanks
Well, last year was 60/100 for an A. Id say the average is around 65, with some going up to around 70 for an A. I guess it depends on the grade boundaries. Expect B or an A
Brokensteps
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What did you guys do for the second part of the "draw". The first figure (.2) had a full wavelength with antinodes on both ends. Figure (.3) im not sure about. I didnt even know what the question was asking. Just drew arrows and dots.
username1969391
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Brokensteps)
What did you guys do for the second part of the "draw". The first figure (.2) had a full wavelength with antinodes on both ends. Figure (.3) im not sure about. I didnt even know what the question was asking. Just drew arrows and dots.
I drew half a wavelength with antinodes at both ends for Figure (.3)
Brokensteps
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NickLCFC)
I drew half a wavelength with antinodes at both ends for Figure (.3)
Do you remember what the question asked for?
username1969391
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you remember what the question asked for?
'Fundamental vibration' or something like that, basically just the 1st harmonic for an open hollow tube I think
JosephKershaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by teachercol)
I'll post one tomorrow - I wont be able to get hold of a copy of the paper until then.
Will you also be doing one for the Depth in Physics Exam?
Brokensteps
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hannah100598)
i put 50mA
Im not sure, but seeing as theyre in parallel and the current per junction is 30mA (aprox), then it should be around 7*30 which is 280A. The actual reasoning I used had a smaller total as I used a different "method" of working it out, but with that number it shows it as more. I dont think it'd be that small.
Brokensteps
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JosephKershaw)
Will you also be doing one for the Depth in Physics Exam?
There's way more people in the depth exam, so Im sure theres gonna be plenty of unofficial markschemes.
tripleseven
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Didn't understand 1b which made me panic since it was one of the first questions in the exam.... also messed up stationary waves question.. meh, I think I might get 71-75/100... I'm hoping that's an A :/
Brokensteps
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tripleseven)
Didn't understand 1b which made me panic since it was one of the first questions in the exam.... also messed up stationary waves question.. meh, I think I might get 71-75/100... I'm hoping that's an A :/
which one was 1b?
tripleseven
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
which one was 1b?
not sure if it was called 1b or not but it was the one where you had the midpoint of the variable resistor..
vespagirl78
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did anyone else struggle to show how the current on the circuit was working at 30mA when the LED was working normally? Also why was the 3ohm resistor used in that circuit with the variable resistor for that internal resistance question?
The rest of the paper seemed fair and was similar to all the other past papers. I think the boundries will be high as it's probably all of the people retaking it.
Revision King98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vespagirl78)
Did anyone else struggle to show how the current on the circuit was working at 30mA when the LED was working normally? Also why was the 3ohm resistor used in that circuit with the variable resistor for that internal resistance question?
The rest of the paper seemed fair and was similar to all the other past papers. I think the boundries will be high as it's probably all of the people retaking it.
Didn't you just use the graph for the led one to show at 30ma the resistor has 2V so therefore led must have 3V then show at 3V on graph for led it was 30ma, also for that resistor one I said it was to limit the current so that it wouldn't get too high and heat the wires so it won't melt them
Daniel123abc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for the stationary waves question, if i drew the waves in the the wrong tubes and drew a double headed arrow saying explaining i messed up, do you think the markers will be nice?
EpicTree
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RBoss)
Oh and did everyone get 5 for the powers of ten question? I got 4 to start with but I think it depended on what wavelength of visible light you picked
I put 19 lol
vespagirl78
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Revision King98)
Didn't you just use the graph for the led one to show at 30ma the resistor has 2V so therefore led must have 3V then show at 3V on graph for led it was 30ma, also for that resistor one I said it was to limit the current so that it wouldn't get too high and heat the wires so it won't melt them
Thank you! That's all good then because I used the figures from the graph but couldn't demonstrate it all that clearly, that was only a 2 marker so 1 mark at least would be okay I suppose. That makes sense, thank you! 😊
MARCOS908
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NickLCFC)
I think you're right. I've just had another go at it from how I can remember the question and got the same answer as you
I selected 1 amps as the resistor with the LED was 167 ohms connected to in parallel to 21 (7 LED and resistor in parallel in each arrangement to make the number and there was 3 numbers) so the total resistance will be (21x(1/167))^-1 = 7.95 omhs so the current is 5/7.95 =0.628 amps therefore 1 amps fuse... Anyone else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (159)
13.29%
Excited (106)
8.86%
Worried (218)
18.23%
Terrified (280)
23.41%
Meh (96)
8.03%
Confused (32)
2.68%