Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    It does not say we need to know the practicals on the specification though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amar Chana)
    It does not say we need to know the practicals on the specification though...
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...ec-at-a-glance

Paper 2

Up to you if you want to revise the practicals. I've been told that it is on the paper and so does the website.

ReputationRep:
    do you think there will be alot of particle physics on it ?

ReputationRep:
    Not feeling confident for this exam based off the difficulty of the specimen papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    do you think there will be alot of particle physics on it ?
    My teacher said they might compensate for the lack of particles in this paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    My teacher said they might compensate for the lack of particles in this paper.
    what do you mean by that ?

so does your teacher say that there is likey to be a lot of particle physics on this paper?

ReputationRep:
    quick question:

would you have to draw the appartus and set up used for a practical ?

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by that ?

so does your teacher say that there is likey to be a lot of particle physics on this paper?
    Yeah there might be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not_lucas1)
    what is the stopping potential equation? Ive googled it but it came up with dodgy symbols that i havent seen before
    eVs = Ekmax

ReputationRep:
    quick question:

would you have to draw the appartus and set up used for a practical ?
    If they ask you to then yes. they might for example ask you to draw a suitable circuit for a given electricity experiment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Saammmeee

Unfortunately, there aren't any Youtube videos on the set 2 specimen paper that I know of, but there's a channel called ' LAE Physics ' which I find quite helpful and he goes through some of the practical skills that used to be tested in coursework but are now tested in this evil exam.

For example, heres a video he did on calculating uncertainties ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGSDHSOM5E
    Hi I don't know weather it is too late for you or not. Maybe we can all revise tomorrow morning as it is in the afternoon. There is this video, I don't know weather it is this paper you are talking about, but this is the Paper 2 specimen paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02_D8cZHkZM
    Enjoy this video, and good luck !
    I definitely know that I'll be needing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Saammmeee

Unfortunately, there aren't any Youtube videos on the set 2 specimen paper that I know of, but there's a channel called ' LAE Physics ' which I find quite helpful and he goes through some of the practical skills that used to be tested in coursework but are now tested in this evil exam.

For example, heres a video he did on calculating uncertainties ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGSDHSOM5E
    This link was so useful!! learnt so much from it. I just have 1 question, when would you us the actual uncertainty and when would you half it like on a ruler the uncertainty is 1mm but on some questions they use 0.05mm? Thankyouuuu

ReputationRep:
    Is the exam in the afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omer_bawa)
    Is the exam in the afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep its in the afternoon

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody help with a multiple choice quetsion on specimen paper 2 from set 2
    Q13?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraixo)
    Attachment 544417544419Attachment 544417

Hi can someone explain how to answer those 2 questions thanks.
    Hey on this paper can you explain how to do Q26 Q25 Q23 and Q13 On the multiple choice?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain how you would work out total resistance of a circuit if you are given 4 resistors in a square layout and then 1 extra to the side?

ReputationRep:
    How do you measure fringe spacing!!? Can someone please explain how you can calculate fringe spacing by measuring a large number of fringes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    How do you measure fringe spacing!!? Can someone please explain how you can calculate fringe spacing by measuring a large number of fringes.
    To minimise errors, measure the distance from the first bright fringe to the last bright fringe (this is a larger distance so reduces uncertainty) and then divide that by the number of spaces to get the distance between consecutive bright fringes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim73)
    To minimise errors, measure the distance from the first bright fringe to the last bright fringe (this is a larger distance so reduces uncertainty) and then divide that by the number of spaces to get the distance between consecutive bright fringes.
    Got it thanks! Also can w=lambda * d / s be applied to Diffraction gratings ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.