Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daria99)
    Note that question 6) ii) , had 3 values, original value for x was -14.4 but you also get 14.4. You may want to check that.
    No, sin was -ve and the values needed to be 0<\theta<360

\sin 14.5 \approx \frac{1}{4}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_IDE_sidf)
    No, sin was -ve and the values needed to be 0<\theta<360

\sin 14.5 = \frac{1}{4}
    Got 194.5 and 345.5 for that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atiq629)
    Got 194.5 and 345.5 for that one.
    as did I

ReputationRep:
    it was cruel 2wo hard math exam papers shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan edexcel

ReputationRep:
    For the last question I skipped part (a) and did the other parts because the answer was in the page, would I still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    For the last question I skipped part (a) and did the other parts because the answer was in the page, would I still get the marks?
    yes, you are the reason that the answers to those parts are written on the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephaniecheung)
    that's not the answer you forgot to put it back into the P
    What are you talking about? This is for the second derivative, to check that x was a minimum

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4117033

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...aths-solutions

COME ON GUYS SIGN THE PETITION TO ALLOW ARSEY TO RELLEASE EDEXCEL A LEVEL MATHS SOLUTIONS YEAR ON YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

ReputationRep:
    A pretty good paper thank God , except the binomial **** it went fine and made a calculater mistake when finding x in the last question. Arsey ain't doin anymore model papers too

ReputationRep:
    can anyone remember the final calculation for solving x, question 9. I never simplified it to 17 but can't remember if my solution was the equivalent

ReputationRep:
    For the sin one, I used a CAST diagram but then I drew a graph to help double check my answers. The answers that I got was right (i think looking at what most people got), but I was wondering whether my method (especially the graph to double check) will be accepted?

ReputationRep:
    For the log question i got x = -2.19 but i had a brain fart and put that it also = 0, will i lose marks for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puPper)
    For the log question i got x = -2.19 but i had a brain fart and put that it also = 0, will i lose marks for this?
    How many marks was it? It's hard to say, but I think you might as it is actually not a solution. Plus the question said give your 'answer' (not answers) to 2 dp. If you're lucky they may ignore the 0.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone recall what P was equal to in terms of x at the start of question 9c?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shayefc)
    can anyone recall what P was equal to in terms of x at the start of question 9c?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post65151283

ignore me,  P= \frac{1000}{x} + \frac{x}{12}(4\pi + 36 - 3\sqrt{3})

\frac{dP}{dx} = \frac{1}{12}(4\pi +36 - 3\sqrt{3})-\frac{1000}{x^2}

\frac{d^2P}{dx^2} = \frac{2000}{x^3}

ReputationRep:
    can anyone recall what the Perimeter was in terms of x pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shayefc)
    can anyone recall what the Perimeter was in terms of x pls
    Please read

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone post/try to remember the questions!

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is the mark scheme that the guy posted on this thread missing 12 marks?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.