The Student Room Group

Arsey's solutions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

Good luck with your exams.

It has been a blast.

:wavey:

I can’t get over this, I’m actually beside myself at this announcement.
End of an era - the golden age of Edexcel maths is over.
You’re a hero.
Such a shame as the solutions really helped me know what I got in terms of marks and I was planning to use them this year to see if I needed to focus anymore on later exams. Seeing as I'm in A2, the solutions would've helped me try and figure out what grade I'd got and if I would've needed to consider other university options (clearing, adjustment). It would be nice to see someone else take over, even if Arsey will forever be the king of TSR.
Edexcel are ****ers man
Original post by Craig1998
Such a shame as the solutions really helped me know what I got in terms of marks and I was planning to use them this year to see if I needed to focus anymore on later exams. Seeing as I'm in A2, the solutions would've helped me try and figure out what grade I'd got and if I would've needed to consider other university options (clearing, adjustment). It would be nice to see someone else take over, even if Arsey will forever be the king of TSR.

I agree with you completely. It also gave you a sense of re-assurement knowing what you got, helping you be more confident for next exams. Like Arsey said, it really is futile effort on their part; papers will be leaked online no matter what. All they are doing is making students feel more stressed as there is greater uncertainty surrounding uni offers and what not.
Original post by GarlicBread01
What can edexcel even do to you if you post the solutions? Call the police? Nothing

Damn right :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 105
I have been searching like crazy for s3 model answers but can't find ****. Can some point me in the right direction
Reply 106
Original post by LittleBoxes
I hate Edexcel:angry:

Original post by shuu00
Edexcel are ****ers man

End of a six year reign
A very bad day.
Reply 107
So that means we have to wait til august to know if we got into uni :-/ nooooooooo!!!! Arsey we neeeeeeed you
Finally! Well done EdExcel and Arsey. Solutions appearing on here made maths teachers' jobs very difficult. Students still have access to umpteen other papers and solutions and mark schemes. One being kept sercet is surely not too much to ask.
Original post by simonjones1998
Finally! Well done EdExcel and Arsey. Solutions appearing on here made maths teachers' jobs very difficult. Students still have access to umpteen other papers and solutions and mark schemes. One being kept sercet is surely not too much to ask.

But these are the ones of the current exam series? These exams dictate were a student goes (in terms of university and beyond), and if they cant plan for not getting the grades it makes our jobs that much harder. It cant be that difficult for teachers to just use june 2016 for mocks, especially if the specification is changing, anyone who decides to cheat on these are only cheating themselves.
Jus shut the **** up
Reply 111

are you retarded?

People like u make me sick
#bringbackarsey****edexcel
Are the solutions, that have already been put up from previous papers, going to be taken down or nah?
Original post by Teee123
Are the solutions, that have already been put up from previous papers, going to be taken down or nah?

The ones from the most recent (S16) papers already have been taken down.
Original post by chumps52
The ones from the most recent (S16) papers already have been taken down.

I guess it doesn't really matter to us if this year's stuff is taken down, unless anyone plans to retake next year and wants to use them. I just hope they dont take down ones that have already been up from past years cos ima need them, i find them alot better than the official mark scheme.
Original post by Teee123
I guess it doesn't really matter to us if this year's stuff is taken down, unless anyone plans to retake next year and wants to use them. I just hope they dont take down ones that have already been up from past years cos ima need them, i find them alot better than the official mark scheme.

The issue for me personally, and I don't think I'm alone by looking at this thread, is that I used them to try and gauge how well/badly I did.
Obviously there are some questions where you just know instantly you've lost marks, but on the one's where I was 50/50 it was nice to know for certain, and then obviously how to actually tackle the questions I couldn't do.
I'm here to pay my respects like everyone else. You've been a real asset to TSR and exam seasons in years gone by, and I hope you continue to pass on your knowledge however you can. You can still answer student's questions!

I won't degrade you and your decision making by trying to convince you to release model answers against Edexcel's wishes. You have chosen the moral high ground and that is honourable.

Thank you, Arsey.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 119
Arsey, i love u bruv

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending