Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XBen1999)
    What did people get for the question where it said what is the p of X equaling each other and how did you do it
    I thought x could be 00 or 11 or 22 so i did the prob of getting 0 squared add prob of getting 1 squared add prob of getting 2 squared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catwat99)
    I got 1/70 for the ABBA question??
    Yeah same! It's wrong tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breynolds2671999)
    Same, just did ((1x0.6 + 17)) + ((2x0.6 + 17))...... and i think i got that.
    yeah i didnt know how else to work it out so typed it all out in the calculator aha

ReputationRep:
    I got 3/35
    (Original post by cc262626)

ReputationRep:
    oh, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XBen1999)
    What did people get for the question where it said what is the p of X equaling each other and how did you do it
    P(X=0)^2 + P(X=1)^2 + P(X=2)^2, found each individual probability just using the binomial formula

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamDev)
    I thought x could be 00 or 11 or 22 so i did the prob of getting 0 squared add prob of getting 1 squared add prob of getting 2 squared
    Yeh I did that but I think I got the wrong answer how many marks will I lose?

ReputationRep:
    S2g im only person who got 2/35 for ABBA 😂😂 what was the actual answer?

ReputationRep:
    For the probability Q with x<9<20 I just did sum of probability a for 10-19 ... And I got like 0.093 what were u supposed to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student199919)
    yeah i didnt know how else to work it out so typed it all out in the calculator aha
    Same i got so confused , i just wanted a nice easy working oit a regression line and we got that

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it's right? I got that but wrote it as 0.0143

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncant)
    1/105 probability to get ABBA? only one im not sure on
    I got 2/35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanie_e)
    Are you sure?! Loads at my school said was wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    P(X=0)^2 + P(X=1)^2 + P(X=2)^2, found each individual probability just using the binomial formula
    I thought i did it wrong, can't believe i actually got it right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella rivers1)
    For the probability Q with x<9<20 I just did sum of probability a for 10-19 ... And I got like 0.093 what were u supposed to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    .8^9 - .8^19
    The same thing was in a past paper, but I couldn't remember what to do with the indices so I just put .2(.8^9 + .8^10 ... + .8^19) in my calculator

ReputationRep:
    How?? I did (3x2x1x2)/7P4

ReputationRep:
    If I got the formula for variance wrong, will i get error carried forward for the next question?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same ! But I ended up with wrong number lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella rivers1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just worked out the probability for 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 and added them together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanie_e)
    my first answer was 12/35 because i did something like
    (3C1 X 2C1 X 1C1 X 2C1)/7C4 and got 12/35. then i wanted to see if i got the same with another method and so i did 3/7 x 2/6 x 1/5 x 2/4 and got 1/70. so im not sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.