Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Euro 2016 Predictions Competition Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Back on top, thanks Hungary!
    It was that weird scenario where my major rivals predicted an Iceland win but the majority of others predicted a draw.

All in all, I'm paying for not having many exact scores. Not sure what I can do about that really; it's mainly just down to luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    It was that weird scenario where my major rivals predicted an Iceland win but the majority of others predicted a draw.

All in all, I'm paying for not having many exact scores. Not sure what I came do about that really; it's mainly just down to luck
    pls I predicted a draw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    pls I predicted a draw
    Hogree and Mackay were the ones I was talking about
    Although if it makes you feel better, you and Nichrome are rivals to me now!!

Ngl I'm really bitter about having the most correct but still not being top.
    Clearly don't have the extra quality to predict exact results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Hogree and Mackay were the ones I was talking about
    Although if it makes you feel better, you and Nichrome are rivals to me now!!

Ngl I'm really bitter about having the most correct but still not being top.
    Clearly don't have the extra quality to predict exact results
    0.33 between us :cool:

Predicting the winner is the easy bit!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)

Nah, predicting the winner/draw consistently is where the majority of points are gained and it's where people are "generally" separated.

Predicting exact results are usually lucky - especially with how many late goals have been scored so far - but in a competition this short (I.e: not a 380 game season), luck can play a significant part in the winner.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by difeo)

Not in games like Portugal have played in v Iceland and Austria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Not in games like Portugal have played in v Iceland and Austria.
    Gotta admit, I've not been surprised about Portugal, always seem to be overhyped. And Austria and Iceland are solid teams. Gone for a draw both times, think people seem to think they're a massive team but never been that impressed by them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    Gotta admit, I've not been surprised about Portugal, always seem to be overhyped. And Austria and Iceland are solid teams. Gone for a draw both times, think people seem to think they're a massive team but never been that impressed by them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you're one of the few that's been right so you've benefitted hugely - well done!

Thing about this game is that you gain much more points if you're one of the few who predict a correct result. It's tight at the top though, should be a good one!

ReputationRep:
    How did I miss this. Just joined now.
    I don't mind that I've missed the first two rounds of the group stage but can I still be a part of this?

ReputationRep:
    When you want England to win but think it'll be a draw.... dilemmas dilemmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When you want England to win but think it'll be a draw.... dilemmas dilemmas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahahaha that's exactly like me - rooting for Iceland but I predicted a Hungary win...

ReputationRep:
    And thaaaaaat is why you follow your brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And thaaaaaat is why you follow your brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went 2-0 Wales (closest) and 3-1 England (nowhere near).

Back up in to second but it was a poor round 3 in all honesty...
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Predicted a England win games 1 and 3, England draw. Predicted draw game 2, England win....

ReputationRep:
    Shoutout to Onde who was the only person to predict Germany 1-0 N.Ireland!

Gaps starting to widen a little at the top, somehow I'm still 2nd!!!

ReputationRep:
    chapmaed pulling away
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Was going for a exact in Iceland-Austria until Iceland scored at the last second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    chapmaed pulling away
    Giving him a headstart innit

Tbh I would be doing better than I am; I've only fallen down on exact scores which lets be honest, you seldom have any control of, especially with how many late goals have been scored in this tournament.

You're my main competition anyway; as long as I finish above you, I don't mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Giving him a headstart innit

Tbh I would be doing better than I am; I've only fallen down on exact scores which lets be honest, you seldom have any control of, especially with how many late goals have been scored in this tournament.

You're my main competition anyway; as long as I finish above you, I don't mind
    Strong excuse for your poor score predictions

I was ahead of you before that Iceland goal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Strong excuse for your poor score predictions

I was ahead of you before that Iceland goal
    Not really pal!
    I almost always get points for "closeness" and if you're consistently getting closeness points, it's obviously just unlucky if you aren't getting exact scorelines.

Quality shines through m8
    Nah in all honesty, for a tournament as short of this, the difference between the good predictors on here (me, you, Mackay, hogree, etc...) is almost always going to be luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.