Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shurezma9999)
    It says in the book that we wont meet the oxidation state of oxygen in oxygen fluorides,
    From what happened in F324 its not suprising lol

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why you posted sulfur difluoride, that didn't come up at all in the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many marks might you lose do you reckon if you put 3 test tubes experiments rather than 2 for the 5 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seph_muriel)
    How many marks might you lose do you reckon if you put 3 test tubes experiments rather than 2 for the 5 marker?
    Depends, did you use chlorine water? If so then at least 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you have the 2 correct ones in your 3. If you do and your 3rd one isn't technically wrong they should only take away 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillyTheGhillie)
    Not sure why you posted sulfur difluoride, that didn't come up at all in the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sh*it forgot what the molecule was but still F20 has that same structure

ReputationRep:
    Depends, did you use chlorine water? If so then at least 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's how I answered:

Bromine water and calcium iodide - mixture turns purple
    Bromine water and barium chloride - mixture turns orange
    Iodine and barium chloride - mixture turns purple

Br2 (aq) + 2I- (aq) ---> 2Br- (aq) + I2(aq)

ReputationRep:
    you have to x2 then divided by the constant because that was the number of molecules of n2 you need nitrogen atoms

ReputationRep:
    That's how I answered:

Bromine water and calcium iodide - mixture turns purple
    Bromine water and barium chloride - mixture turns orange
    Iodine and barium chloride - mixture turns purple

Br2 (aq) + 2I- (aq) ---> 2Br- (aq) + I2(aq)
    why would you do the last reaction? if you know bromine is more reactive than iodine and chlorine is more reactive than bromine. (Cl< Br< I ) with those two reaction you can determine the order

ReputationRep:
    Will writing full balanced equations (rather than words) be accepted for the minimum experiment part of the 5 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hicham001)
    why would you do the last reaction? if you know bromine is more reactive than iodine and chlorine is more reactive than bromine. (Cl< Br< I ) with those two reaction you can determine the order
    Cl2 wasnt provided, only Cl- ions were given so the Cl2 +Br- reationcoudnt take place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hicham001)
    Question also asked for one ionic equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownAnon)
    That's what I did. Divided by two first. Then divided by avagadros.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get something like 4.25 x 10-4 mol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naheed_853)
    guys, the oxidation state of oxygen was +2 in the oxygen fluoride, i put -2, funny things is they state in the book that we will not meet this in As level, are they gonna give us the mark or are they gonna just mark the correct one only?
    pretty sure they can ask about oxidation states and the question specifically wanted the sign and answer. I got so many small things wrong in this paper so annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqr00t)
    That wasnt the first question. The first calculation was something like 2.11 something times 10^20 of nitrogen molecules. Divide that by avocado's number to find moles.

The 8.5x10^-4 mole was the Al2(SO3)3 one i remember. Then multiply by Mr to find mass of it.
    I swear it was Al2(so4)3 :P?

ReputationRep:
    Q: state the relative energies of 2s² and 2p6 orbital; also state relative energies of each 2p orbital. [2]

A: s orbital lower energy than p orbital; each p orbital has same energy level.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i put sodiumflouride

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rust Cohle)
    Do you know for sure if 'bent' will get the mark also?
    it was 180 and linear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulaiman631)
    it was 180 and linear
    It wasn't 180 degrees, it had two lone pairs and two bonding pairs; same as water. The shape would be angular OR bent, with angles from 103-105 degrees.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the colours and reactions question of bromine water iodine solution,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.