The Student Room Group

What would you do with £10,000?

Scroll to see replies

Probably buy myself a rather expensive computer setup and then put the rest towards maintenance over the next 4 years at uni *cri*
Original post by HamzahPatel
£1,000 - Gaming PC

not enough smh :wink:
Bribe my lecturers. :colone:
Or splash out of the biggest/best gaming PC I could find. Been wanting to buy one for YEARS!
Give at least 1k to charities, give 6k to my parents and put the rest towards a car and uni
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
not enough smh :wink:

oops I forgot to add the extra zero
Original post by iEthan
Personally, I'd help my mum with her debt and then save up the rest for uni :yep: what would you do with £10,000? I'm interested to know :beard:
Just got me thinking as I saw this competition on TSR...sounds like a good deal to me! :yay:

I'd put that money into my bank account.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
I'd put that money into my bank account.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good plan.

Spoiler

invest
Reply 109
Original post by Imperion
I'd custom build a PC, treat my room acoustically, buy extra peripherals (mics, **** like that), Yamaha H8s and the H8S. I'd purchase Kontakt, Spire, Nexus, ProFilter & Valhalla series and other VSTs if I need 2. Also a midi-keyboard. 61 keys sounds ideal but I'll take 88 for the lolz. Fancy chair, fancy table... Add a interface and I have my dream studio.

Should cost like 8K, 2k... Probably pump it into a business or market.

You make beats?
university tuition
Original post by emanlk
You make beats music?

Yep :h:
Reply 112
I'd take a gap year and go travelling all over East Asia and Oceania for the whole year!
It may be a bit stupid and you could use the money more wisely, but when else are you gonna do something this crazy and exciting? :smile:
Shove it down my pants and hope for better days
Ten thousand isn't anything.

Just 2 bits of 5000.
You can't even buy a decent house lmao

I'd just make a lot of houses and build my own charity for Africa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
me study in Oxbridge
Every single penny would go towards treating my mum's Alopecia.
Reply 117
Use it to make more money.
I was given 10k on my 18th birthday. I spent 1k of it on clothes and tech and alcohol, and I put the remaining 9k in a cofunds investment ISA. I'm going to uni in September so I'll be spending my money (grown to 9.5k) on any bills or living costs that my student loan doesn't cover!
Use it for a flat deposit. It's pretty depressing having a salary that would allow for a mortgage but not having the deposit needed to GET the mortgage :frown:

Quick Reply