The Student Room Group

Edexcel History - Unit 3C Boom, Bust and Recovery

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amymcm11
for the sources or the essays?

both! I picked 1917-1929 and the Great Depression and The Crash
Original post by jessxo98
both! I picked 1917-1929 and the Great Depression and The Crash

ahhh i see so you've revised economic and social for 1917-29. I've only revised the Great Depression question for the sources too
Reply 102
They could literally ask us so many questions that could throw us off 😩
for anyone revising new deal and wanted to list the acts by the 3 R's:
http://www.brunswick.k12.me.us/pwagner/files/2012/08/relief-recovery-reform.pdf
http://www.johndclare.net/America9_Bergen.htm

(its only basic info though)
Has anybody revised McCarthyism or WW2??
Original post by amymcm11
ahhh i see so you've revised economic and social for 1917-29. I've only revised the Great Depression question for the sources too

so stressful ahaha!! good luck
the mark scheme says to 'treat sources as a package' how would you do that?
Original post by TypicalRemix
the mark scheme says to 'treat sources as a package' how would you do that?

I guess try unpack and analyse the contents of the sources? I'm not sure what it means.

Tbh, just make sure you analyse, support any verdicts, cross reference ofc, and try to challenge statements from one source using another with your own knowledge as further evidence.
Good luck everyone :smile:
I did not think the Kkk was coming up😩 I didn't know what points to say for why they declined so I just said corruption and change in attitudes and talked about black people, for the reasons why they revived I said ww1 red scare and incorporated the birth of the nation
Did anyone do the left wing critics question? Because it asked about 1930s I used both first new deal and obvs social security in the second new deal acts.. Was this too much of a risk?!
Reply 111
Original post by adegunt
Did anyone do the left wing critics question? Because it asked about 1930s I used both first new deal and obvs social security in the second new deal acts.. Was this too much of a risk?!

I did this question! I wrote about the SSA in 1938- it was still the 1930s so I'd assume that it was fine?
Original post by adegunt

I did that question and I mentioned first and second
I'm looking at all the other edexcel threads and they all are saying their questions were really nice... Anyone else think the questions for us were a massive curveball?
Reply 114
Loveddddd that paper!! The sources were really good as well
Felt like crying when I opened the paper but after a bit of thinking I chose the KKK question and it wasn't so bad. And the 40 markers were ok!
the New Deal sources were quite tricky but it was so nice to structure, which is what I was worried about... hopefully my KKK answer will pull it up, really liked that question even though it was a bit different to what we're used to!:smile:
Paper was nice!

Did people talk about right-wing critics as well as left-wing?

My structure was a bit off but I think my own knowledge was exactly what I wanted it to be so I'm happy! :smile:
Original post by antigone-
Paper was nice!

Did people talk about right-wing critics as well as left-wing?

My structure was a bit off but I think my own knowledge was exactly what I wanted it to be so I'm happy! :smile:

Yeah talked about right and left, even threw in a sentence or two about the supreme court :smile:
Original post by MidnightMist
Yeah talked about right and left, even threw in a sentence or two about the supreme court :smile:

I did the same, I hope that's what the question intended! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending