Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This thread is giving me life right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funky_Giraffe)
    Hey do you understand body plan/homeobox/apoptosis topics? If so please could you briefly explain what they're all about?
    Yeah of course, I don't have long so I'll do a quick run over:
    -homeotic genes are master genes that control the development of a body plan
    -these genes have sections in them called homeobox sequences (around 180 base pairs so theyre short)
    -The homeobox sequences code for transcription factors (the homeodomain proteins)
    -these proteins bind to other sections of the DNA switching genes on and off (kind of like in the lac operon but with no need for a molecule like lactose)
    -since these proteins control the genes, they control the development of the body plan
    -apoptosis is just the fine tuning after mitosis has produced too many cells so apoptosis (cell suicide) just gets rid of excess so correct body plan formed

ReputationRep:
    leaf senescence

ReputationRep:
    I can tell this is going to be train wreck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it was more of a car crash and than a train wreck but didn't go too well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Vote now!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4182465

ReputationRep:
    I want to change my name to 'FailedBiology16'

ReputationRep:
    ITS DONE. Breathe. Well done making it through A2 Biology everyone, I'm so proud.

Some of the preidtcs were right, was super expecting hardy weinburg and sliding filament though glad it didn't come up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.