Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I support gay marriage because I'm not a piece of sh***

ReputationRep:
    The law says it okay so it's okay. I mean going by the traditional definition; gay marriage isn't real marriage but it's not my place to decide that. The law has said that tradition doesn't matter so...

Anyway if two people love each other then so be it, even if it's not real marriage. It's real to them and the law. So your opinions and my opinions are irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Traditional marriage?

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

In Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons...."

There's no such thing as "traditional marriage". Definitions of marriage have been changing since humans started to have more complex cultures and customs.

To Hell with you and the so-called "traditional marriage". LGBTQ people should be able to marry and are able to marry, and that's how it'll stay. Period.
    Let's be honest, the thread pretty much ended here. It's sad to still see so many people against gay marriage when it does not affect them whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    If homosexuality manages to piss off people then I'm all for it!

ReputationRep:
    I see no reason why marriage should be denied to a couple who are committed and in love. For that reason I do support gay marriage.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Would not say that I fully support it, however I would tolerate it, and do not have a problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dom2375)
    I don't get why you would be against gay marriage. What do you think would happen if two people of the same sex were to get married? The whole world would implode in on itself?
    Yes. Earthquakes. Tsunamis. A plaque of rainbow-farting unicorns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Yes. Earthquakes. Tsunamis. A plaque of rainbow-farting unicorns.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I support gay marriage because I'm not a piece of sh***
    Did you go anonymous to avoid outing yourself as something other than a piece of ****?

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

You can't just say 'no' without justifying your answer. I'm straight, but I'm just saying. No argument has ever been won with a single word. Sheesh

nope. It's unnatural.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

topkek ofc

ReputationRep:
    I agree with gay marriage because love is a powerful thing and it's only right that everyone should have the right to express their love whether they are in a same sex relationship or a heterosexual one. Marriage allows same sex couples to have the same legal rights as heterosexual ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You can't just say 'no' without justifying your answer. I'm straight, but I'm just saying. No argument has ever been won with a single word. Sheesh
    That's cause I'm not trying to freaking argue. I don't give a crap. An opinion was asked for and a response was given what more do you want?

And yes people can just say no.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

I don't support gay marriage, or gay adoption.

I believe the only sexual union should be between a married man and a married woman.

Sex outside of marriage, incest, homosexuality, adultery and any other straight or gay variant isn't right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    I'm not religious but I think it's wrong. Why change a system that has operated successfully for hundreds of years just because of a small minority?
    So, you'd say the same about black people, women, "witches" (in certain areas) and whatnot.

Your view is clearly based on your lack of education. Clearly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely.
    Marriage is a human right not a heterosexual privilege.

ReputationRep:
    People should be able to do whatever they want!

I'm 100% for gay marriage.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.