Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm98)
    What??? How many questions did they want state symbols for? I didn't really notice!
    A lot of the 1 marker equations required state symbols!! don't worry, so many people didn't realise. Very evil of them though

ReputationRep:
    Will i get the marks for just saying flame and precipitate?

ReputationRep:
    You know the page where it said what was present and that table gave what happens when fehling and silver mirror was added. I said primary and secondary alcohol and didn't name it, is this wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManOfJustTin)
    I also put oxidising agent. I found it so hard to know what they wanted for the full equation beforehand though since my half equations didn't include sodium
    woo! Yes, it was a really ambiguous question because strictly speaking, the reaction between H2SO4 and sodium iodide alone is just an acid-base reaction. But I think they wanted us to state the role of H2SO4 for the whole thing, in which case oxidising agent would be correct!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davgen7)
    Will i get the marks for just saying flame and precipitate?
    Depends, did you mention the colour of the flame or precipitate?

ReputationRep:
    For working out the C-C bond enthalpy i divided by 3 instead of 2
    How many marks will i lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    A lot of the 1 marker equations required state symbols!! don't worry, so many people didn't realise. Very evil of them though
    None of the questions required state symbols, look on any past paper, they never require state symbols.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please compile a mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Only one equation required state symbols. It was: cu2+ + Fe > Fe2+. + Cu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    Depends, did you mention the colour of the flame or precipitate?
    No. I initially said white ppt but crossed it out in case it was wrong and talked myself put of the mark ((((

ReputationRep:
    In marking guidelines it states - if question asks for state symbols they must be included

From top of my head I think the copper extraction needed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm98)
    What??? How many questions did they want state symbols for? I didn't really notice!
    I don't remember them saying to put state symbols or was it presumed to use them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaHarvard)
    Can someone please compile a mark scheme?
    Any time i ever see you post youre asking people to do things with your catfish profile pic with your tits on display as motivation

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the free radical substitution? That was a dodgy one

ReputationRep:
    I swear only one specifically asked for state symbols....there was only one...right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALH587)
    None of the questions required state symbols, look on any past paper, they never require state symbols.
    It said in the question.. "Including state symbols"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuruthiG)
    For working out the C-C bond enthalpy i divided by 3 instead of 2
    How many marks will i lose
    Usually, marks are given for correct formula, correct LHS, correct RHS and the final answer, so should get at least 2 if you showed your workings

ReputationRep:
    Omg how do u get trichloromethane or whatever it was.. What was the equation?!

ReputationRep:
    so what do you lot think 85 for an A

ReputationRep:
    The ba2+ + so42- ---> baso4 also required state symbols

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.